It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It would be more accurate to call these the Laws of Efficiency, as the causes they deal with are not primal but personal in nature; because one can act and respond to thoughts or desires in the most enlightened and perfect manner possible, but still not be able to summon themselves a different self, circumstance, fate, soul, or spiritual affiliation.

First we learn to deal, then we learn to make good. In this way we negotiate with the eternal forces, the universe.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
go to their irc channel and request yourself your convite there.

Here is how you can connect to our IRC channel: All you need is a IRC client. There are a few good choices:

MIRC
Chatzilla (Plugin for firefox and Mozilla webbrowsers)

Download and run the client
Connect to TheOccult irc network. The command to do this depends on the client you're using.

For MIRC, type: '/server irc.TheOccult.bz:6667' or for a SSL connection: '/server irc.TheOccult.bz:+6697' (ignore this if you don't know what SSL is). You type this in the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheOccult.bz' (again without quotes). Enjoy chatting!
For Chatzilla, type: '/server irc.TheOccult.bz 6667'. You type this is the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheOccult.bz' (again, no quotes). Enjoy chatting!

Here are some quotes by the creator of Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk... ITS law of attraction:

“You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.”

“People don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown.”

“What we don't understand we can make mean anything.”

“If you don’t know what you want, you end up with a lot you don’t”
edit on 24-4-2011 by 4s4b0v3s0bl0wme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This thread is one of the best things I've read. Not just the OP, but the high level of contributions from everyone.

I have a question that's been bugging me: "How do exhaling and inhaling fit in with the LOA?"

When you exhale, could you do it with the mood of the event you wanted to draw to you? How would inhaling fit into this? If exhaling is creative, what is inhaling?

Are there any ancient or modern books that deal with breathwork and the LOA?

Thanks...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The "law of attraction" ( The Secret ) was a marketing idea set up by the people behind network marketers ( USANA )

USANA meetings also taught this theory for "attracting wealth".

It is evil scammy stuff designed to suck in lazy people. The fact is happiness only comes from hard work.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Explanation: It's that ying in the yang and viceversa bit etc.

Personal Disclosure: Ebb and Flow.. eddies and currents. A little give and take! Timing and placement and negotiation become important as regards logistics etc, and prior proximity also helps. Exhaling is recycling creatively giving breath to the planst etc [ie they breath co2 and exhale O2 for us
]

P.S. OL notes that in nature opposites GENERALLY attract! So do symbionts and predator + prey etc.

Water also has attractive qualities ... that can either solve or dissolve and I think that context is a big part of working out the original intent / attitude which is guiding one .. to or away from whatever is the desired [focus upon] destination end point.

Nature also abhores a lack and maybe that is what the law of attraction realky is all about .. identify and feeling that lack ..and letting it go [its like prayer in that sense] and the universe will be all like .. aww bugger he isnt buying into the will it or won't it happen... spoilsports... Ill show them ... Ill give them what they asked for Muhahaha ... etc, and so on with the Im a bored and mean God persona [just a mask I wear occasionally ok ] who will eventually realize that your desire is missing [ie ..lacking] and will fill it for you.

God [aka The Faeries] is/are shy and like everybody else .. would rather no one was directly looking on as they do their "This is what Im here for"' special talented stuff.. like miracles.

Feel free to thank and praise them when stuff goes right and works etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
The "law of attraction" ( The Secret ) was a marketing idea set up by the people behind network marketers ( USANA )

It is evil scammy stuff designed to suck in lazy people. The fact is happiness only comes from hard work.

spoken like someone who wholly doesn't understand the law of attraction

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nice post...

Here is an example of how I am understanding this thread, I am trying to bullet point a how to for myself.

Case study:
I "want" a brand new drum set.

Day 1: I see a drum set I like at a drum website. I want it, but jeesh is it expensive.
I am relaxing, feeling positive energy flowing through my body, thinking good thoughts. Not about the drum set, but pleasant thoughts.

Start of Law Attraction:
1. I then start to picture myself behind this new drum set I want.
2. I start to actually feel I actually have ownership.
3. With my minds eye and emotions, I see myself leave my drum room, and I as exit, I feel that my new drum set is in the drum room waiting for me, and I can't wait to get back on it. I no longer have a "want" at this moment, I actually "feel" I own the new drum set.
4. I no longer relate this drum set as a want.
5. I feel it is now "my new drum set in my drum room".

Day 2: I walk by my drum room and my feelings and mind place a smile on my face because "I know" my new drum set is in the drum room.
I think about my new drum set and how it looks and if I should rearrange the set up..

Day 3: Same as Day 2.

Day 4: The same as Day 2 and 3

And so on.....Till you actually aquire it.

Am I on the right track with this?

Sound about right? Or am I just completely off?

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, you are completely on track...

Of course, by day 30, you've actually saved the money and bought the drum kit.

"The Secret" was a great success..........For the People who thought it up!!!, they are millionaires now and laughing all the way to the bank.

Just be positive, love the Earth, live with nature, dont be greedy, and you will be a fine citizen of the Universe.

Me.......Im thinking of a Drum kit now...How do you play the drums??...

edit on 22-7-2011 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I know very little occultism but I do believe that a very experienced magician may manifest material things from thought alone and also do other paranormal stuff that mainstream media or forums like that will never ever publish.

I also think that proper astrology may have effect if properly used. I am not talking about your newspaper horoscope, that is rubbish. Ben Franklin, JP Morgan studied/used astrology.

But, "The Secret" does not tell us the whole story.

Firstly: many of those 'gurus' are not that rich. And the money that they have, they got from selling material on "get rich by thinking".

I also think that only visualizing (even if properly), affirmating and etc will not get what you want if you have blocks.

The realistic and most guaranteed way for getting seriously rich is being the owner of a business (not a employee), by selling services/products that solve other people's problems or needs.
edit on 5-8-2011 by 4s4b0v3s0bl0wme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kerrylee

"....have NO Worry...."

The OP told a story of how a dent in his car mysteriously fixed itself when he 1st noticed the dent his reaction to it was as if it was not there, gave it no power, he could have got all pissed and allowed it to ruin his day so, to me at least, it does not really matter if this works or not this is just a better more at peace way to be.
I found myself, through no fault of my own, running late for an assignment I had read on this thread about someone having success at manipulating time by believing that he had all the time in the world to reach his destination as he traveled. I tried this and it did not "work" though no-one seemed to care that I was late, maybe because technically I was the "boss"...I am sure that did not hurt...point is normally I would have been all stressed out at running late instead I had an enjoyable drive so maybe whether this always provides observable results in not so big a deal or really the point.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ive been reading and practising the loa for about 5 years now and have read many books and consider myself quite knowledgeable on the subject and can see the effects of the law on my life,....but there is this question/scenario i cant seem to answer, maybe someone on this thread can?..

The lottery!

last weekend acouple in england won £101million! and have gone public about it, so we know some details about the winners, after reading a few news papers and seeing interviews i can tell you this couple lived in a caravan and were very short on money, the lady's son went to the papers telling of how she kicked him out on the street aged 12, and kicked his dad out also, and ignores him if she walks past him, so shes had a negative past, lived in a caravan didnt really have much prosperity this is clear from what the interviews say, and what she said about her and her new husbands life style

soo how did she attract this event..
first did she pick the winning numbers, or did the numbers pick her? what came first, did the numbers get sent to her as a urge to pick the winning ones (it wasnt a lucky dip)
or the numbers she picked wasnt important, and the law of attraction caused the machine to match her numbers?.

to me it seems she doesnt have a understanding of loa, this is just my judgment, i could be wrong, she could be a grand master! but it doesnt seem unlikely,
now i bet in the UK there are 1000's or 10,000's of people who have some understanding/ practising the loa, why is it the lottery can have 13 rollovers (no one winning it for 13weeks) with 100,000 of tickets being sold...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

OK, for some reason I thought you were a guy? I see from you current avatar (assuming that is you) I was mistaken. I must say, I am pleasantly corrected.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thankmyluckystars

Yeah, interesting point. I think I mentioned something earlier about why the riteous suffer and the reverse and how this is mysterious. In the case you have brought up winning the lottery may not be a beneficial thing for some people; some in the end have worse lives for it as they are not prepared, nevertheless does make one think.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

USANA is a big scam, but the law of attraction has been around for a lot longer than USANA. In the 1930s Napoleon Hill wrote a book called think and grow rich which uses a similar concept.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Skyfloating, Illahee or anyone else

Could you suggest some small and easy things that i may try and manifest so i can hone my skills on?

I would like to start out with something small and easy( if there is anything that's easy) so that i can develop my skills and test myself.

Much thanks in advance.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Jonro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thanks a lot! Very actual theme for me. As addition I recommend to read the article Using the law of attraction

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So people who believe in superstition,it will happen to them or what?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.debunkingskeptics.com...

In the link above, the Law of attraction is being debunked. Take note of the questions at the bottom of the page:

This is the reply to the link above, which gives reasonable answers to the questions.

www.deliberateblog.com...

Enjoy!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Can LoA affect other people?
~~~~

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is likely the most interesting thread on ATS. Thank you to SF for posting it.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join