It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dylan9440

I dont use affirmations, nor do I recommend them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
True..

Been there done that years ago... The more you keep repeating the affirmations, the more your subconscious mind will painfully remind you that those affirmations are not true.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yeah. Affirmations are done in the belief that something is lacking...and therefore create more lack.

I do watch out what I say and do not say though. Words carry vibration. An example of low-vibe-talk:

"Damn that Britney Spears. I wonder what her next hairdo is going to be. She's such a slut. Seeing her makes me sick."

An example of high-vibe-talk:

"I honor the most high in you. The beauty of her higher self shines through your eyes. May you go forth in strength, peace and prosperity."

Comparing those two statements....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow Sky such an amazing thread. I thought "The Scecret" was silly but it helped the masses I suppose.
I am only posting so I can find this thread.
I looked and looked wanted to share your interesting list of books with a friend. So anyway thanks!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dylan9440

I agree with Skyfloating and Bandit that affirmations don't really work. At least they don't for me.

When I wanted to attract more friends into my life after moving to a new place, what I did was imagine what I wanted to be doing with them. In one of the Hicks books that Sky mentioned there is an exercise of vivid fantasizing where you imagine all the sensations you want to feel during a particular experience for a short period of time (like 30 seconds - 1 minute). Then what I like to do is to reflect upon that fantasy as if it's a real memory afterward.

I call this leaving mental footprints. In my opinion, when you leave footprints someplace whether they are mental or physical you are much more likely to return there.

So I would recommend this method. But, friends aren't going to come to you if you just sit on your couch, so get out there and enjoy activities you enjoy no matter who is with you and your vibes of fun will definitely attract people you want to hang out with. And above all stay positive.

Make sure you let us know how it goes. And good luck!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
SkyFloating

I've been learning about conscious creation, LOA and the subconscious mind over the past year. Am I correct when I assert that they key thing to do is to meditate, visualize, feel, and most importantly - act "as if" you already have the thing you are wanting in order to attract it?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
SkyFloating

I've been learning about conscious creation, LOA and the subconscious mind over the past year. Am I correct when I assert that they key thing to do is to meditate, visualize, feel, and most importantly - act "as if" you already have the thing you are wanting in order to attract it?

The key is to release/dissolve Desire & Resistance in the emotional body, because Desire separates from that which is desired and Resistance gets you stuck to that which is not desired. This can be done through various forms of Meditation, yes. After that comes "feeling and acting as if", yes.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
thought = sperm
source = egg
universe = womb

The time buffer is to nurture the "though-form baby".

PS.: It's just my crazy theory maybe misinterpreting the material I read before lol...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by infobrazil]

[edit on 4-6-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Alright I get it now. Looks like I need to work on the resistance part a bit.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was thinking about something similar today and it made me think of this thread. Only it's the opposite. The law of repulsion, if you will. I'm a pretty insecure person and was reflecting on my life. It almost seems like the more worried I was about losing something, the quicker I lost it.

As an example, let's say a romantic relationship. Perhaps I was so afraid of losing the man that I would suffocate him with attention or grill him about his every move. Of course, that would drive him nuts and he would leave. Or perhaps a job I was so afraid of losing. Maybe I would be so afraid of being terminated that I would work extra hard and be so hard on myself that it would cause me to mess up on the job... which resulted in a reprimand. Or even driving a car. You're so paranoid about getting into a wreck that you're overly cautious while driving and that in turn results in a wreck.

Thoughts? Can these negative thoughts and insecurities about ourselves or our situation actually lead to occurring what we were trying so hard to avoid?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Can these negative thoughts and insecurities about ourselves or our situation actually lead to occurring what we were trying so hard to avoid?

Well, at least thats what we've been saying throughout this thread.
What we most want to avoid will happen. The funny thing is that almost anyone knows this on some level even if they havent put it into fancy sounding metaphysical vocabulary like we have here.

Resistance toward something makes it stick to you...its just how energy works.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh, oops! You mean I should have read the thread instead of just the OP before committing the faux pas of redundancy?

*blush*

Sorry! LOL! It was something I was just thinking about then sought your thread out to post it in since I remember seeing it some time back. Ignore me then.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
All i would say to this thread is it is harder to create than to destroy. Yep being negative can play a more important part in ones life than the opposite.

Nothing new under the sun.

Easier to destroy than to create, remember that. Thats why you see the anglo american empire, destroying everything rather than creating.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Oh, oops! You mean I should have read the thread instead of just the OP before committing the faux pas of redundancy?

Not redundant. I just wanted to point out that what you said is the same thing the OP says, put into simpler words.

The so called "law of attraction" means that everything we love and everything we fear, we draw into our experience.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I think this is the link,
All the techniques e.g. creative visualisation, austosuggestion/hypnosis, writing down intentions all only work if you believe they work, so even if you created some kind of retarded ritual like if i write an intention and put the paper in a box then kick the box the punch it then take the paper out and rip it up the intention will come into my personal reality and if you have absolute belief in that then it will work, so if you keep using the same technique and keep reinforcing your thoughts that that belief works then it will work and the next time you use that technique it will work even faster/better. because we have to do something for it to work it is very difficult for us to just say i choose that to be part of my reality and it becomes part of our reality so wouldn't the best way be for if your starting off for example using intention list write down something easy then keep reinforcing that with thoughts like"Because i've written that im always safe and tottaly protected it is now reflected in my reality" and then as your beliefs grow stronger in that technique it will be easier to get more difficult stuff(what you believ is harder to get) in your reality

am i on the right track with this post

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hi, I've just joined ATS after some lurking on this thread. I was introduced to LOA a few months ago, and got really interested in it, and been looking out for resources until I was finally brought here. This is a fantastic thread! I have learnt so much from here!

I do have a question and I don't know if it's been addressed before - doesn't LOA interfere with free will if what we desire depends on someone else "agreeing" to it, as in the case of relationships? How can we reconcile that?

Sorry if someone else has already brought this up before (I haven't read all of the numerous postings on this thread yet). I'd be really interested to hear what others think about this issue. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The secret is about a bunch of crooks and cult leaders such as Rumtha, a demon channeled through J Z Knight, a priest accusted of child malestation, and a host of other nut cases.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by greentea23
I do have a question and I don't know if it's been addressed before - doesn't LOA interfere with free will if what we desire depends on someone else "agreeing" to it, as in the case of relationships? How can we reconcile that?

First you energetically align with "being in a great relationship". Then you let go of the attachement and allow "the field" or "the universe" to deliver. It will choose out of an infinite amount of options and people what is most in alignment with what you put out. That means you will get what you intended, or you will get the equivalent or...if you really release to the Universe...someone/something even better. Do not limit Infinitys options to one single attachment you might have.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
The secret is about a bunch of crooks and cult leaders such as Rumtha, a demon channeled through J Z Knight, a priest accusted of child malestation, and a host of other nut cases.

I teach LOA and I`ve never led a cult, never endorsed Ramtha, never seen a demon and never molested children.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't know if it was mentioned here in the 61 pages as I've been skipping around them, but a very good book about manifesting by writing is.."Write it down make it happen." I don't remember the writers name completely but her first name is Henrietta. I got this from the local library a year or so ago and I think it's worth a read. Covers the subject nicely.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join