It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

Well, if you take the law-of-attaction as-it-is, then waiting for the manifestation of a house will attract....more waiting. It would be better to feel that you are already living there rather than "trying to manifest" it and "waiting" for it.

That said, there are different ways to go about this. But if you are not practiced in advanced magic, I suggest you act in accordance with what you already believe is true. So if for example you believe it is true that you have to negotiate a pay-off with the bank, view various real estate, etc...then rather than going against your beliefs, go with them and do what your beliefs prescribe you to do.

Also, rather than projecting freedom and comfort to some distant future in which you have a house, try cultivating that feeling already today, so that you are no longer dependent on a material object for your well-being. In that way it will be easier to actually acquire it.

"All will be good when I have the house" is the same thing as saying "all is not good NOW". And if you say "All is not good now"...you attract more of what is not good.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

So as you see, I have been doing what you write about, on my own. But what am I doing wrong, that it never manifests? What --one-- peice of material should I read. There is a --lot-- of reference in this thread. It's dizzying to me. I'm not interested in spiritual development, occult knowledge, etcetera, etcetera, just obtaining that quiet house. FIRST. ( Cuz I'm --desperate-- for a life like that). So --- Where should I start? MUCH THANKS.

A star for your post, which rips the figleaf of assertion from the pudenda of unsubstantiated assertion to reveal the foil-wrapped cucumber of wishful thinking hidden beneath. There is, of course no 'law of attraction' and you will never own that house just by wishing for it.

I hope you get your wish, though.

Astyanax: A smart man I know said once: unanimity is stupid. I like your post.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

Astyanax: A smart man I know said once: unanimity is stupid. I like your post.

Good thinking

(Too bad you edited out the part to simonecharrisse...I liked that too)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That makes sense, about cultivating the feeling today, and not projecting it far away. I hope this also makes sense to you, but it reminds me of, that, do you ever notice whenever someone is in the news because they won a gigantic lottery, that person was not desparate for such, and is already reasonably happy and comfortable.
( I knocked myself out with real estate hunting [within my budget] but like someone looking for a soulmate, the right one didn't 'come along yet....) (Just need a little magick boost?......)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I have yet to see someone who desperately wants to win the lottery and "tries everything" to actually win it, yes.

The "law of attraction" thing is about being-alright-today and already going in the general direction you like today...because "like attracts like".

This makes "waiting" (for a better future) completely pointless.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I understand now. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well thats strange, i was just looking at this thread in recent posts and thinking, "ahh man not another thread saying the same old commercialized bullsh1t, i wish there was something new."

but of course i decide to look and here we have the opposite of what i was expecting, which actually happens a lot

i have done many things with the law of attraction especially some pretty amazing things

i have written a lot of my experiences on this site and so i will get an excerpt from a previous post for you to take a look at and tell me what you think:

"changing the past is totally out of my control and i did it by accident only like twice when i get to a crosswalk and im waiting to cross i look at the other light the one that has the sign of a man walking (indicating for people to walk) and i sort of imagine/think about it turning into the flashing hand (indicating to stop crossing or hurry up) i can only make it happen if i believe it can happen, if i think there is a chance that it will work. but when i do it by accident its like it has no bounds, like i could do anything ill break down how it happens by accident, for example i was a peer tutor for a class, that day was like a free day so i was in class looking out the window bored, and i had a perfect view of our schools field, it was raining and you could see lightning, not the bolts just the light, and from my counting of how long the thunder was from the light i figured iut was about 2-3 kilometers away, so im sitting there and another thunder goes off and the little grade 9 girls all scream, and i thought, "jeez how pathetic, could you imagine if a lightning bolt hit the middle of the field, then they'd die from fear" and then about a minute two minutes latter a huge lightning bolt came down right in the middle of were i imagined it to go and the loudest thunder came right after. So you see i think it by accident and it happens, i find its a LITTLE bit related to "the secret" and down the rabbit hole explains a lot but there's still a lot left to be learned."

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi all. Had to dust this one off and see what was going. Its a true gem and deserves the sticky treatment.

BTW, I used to be Illahee before my account info was wiped from my hard drive. Perhaps Sky could restore me? Or I kind of like Pippin, I guess its fine as long as folks know.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Pippin]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Haha, that almost sounds like you caught Zeus's fancy, doesn't it? Like he read your mind, and sent one your way just for that.

It's hard for me to even tell how much of the universe is actually conscious, and how much of it is just "subconscious," ie passive to the active consciousness of others. Since I don't know any better I just have to assume everything has active consciousness behind it, just so I will have a better chance at discovering it if it does indeed exist.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
is the book the master key system good becuase thats where "the secret" originated and i was just wondering people do bad stuff to other people in the first place because its fun, only when you cross the line it stops being fun, wouldnt being totaly positive and joyfull and happy ext be boring

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dylan9440

Its a good one for the shelf. I found after a while I picked up all sorts of books. My most recent was the 4th printing of Think and Grow Rich, with the rebuttal to the churches at the time who felt he was off.

Negativity is an energy, as much as positivity. Both a form of energy we don't have a hard science for yet but probably soon with the advent of more powerful chips and computers. The difference is it is a thinking energy able to conform and perform on its own.

If you look at the thread covering robot swarms and how they began to act outside of their own directed paths of thinking, they tended to develop both the methods of rats, and the methods of bees. These methods yeided some form of positive result, and also do so in nature.

One bit of advise. Too many paths of study will ruin your results. Collect the books but choose your thoughts and how they affect you wisely.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How can I deal with my situation? My parents are the most negative people ever and my dad keeps his schizophrenic (sp?) sister here as well so there is always some kind of commotion in my household. I try to stay positive, but everything always goes to hell. I can't afford my own place at the moment (paying for school etc). What can I do to apply the law of attraction while at the same time blocking out the negativity from everyone around me so that it doesn't effect me?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dylan9440
is the book the master key system good becuase thats where "the secret" originated

"The Secret" did not originate from "The Master Key System". Thats just advertisement hype. The "MKS" was one of hundreds of books of the so-called "new thought movement" of the 19th Century.

and i was just wondering people do bad stuff to other people in the first place because its fun, only when you cross the line it stops being fun, wouldnt being totaly positive and joyfull and happy ext be boring

Yes, for many its boring. Thats why this world is full of drama and tragedy. Thats what people pay for when going to the movies.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ogund.3

You will always have others be the way they are and they wont always be what you term "positive". So its never about others and making it about others makes you dependent on their moods. The entire solution is in your own reaction to others. The reason other peoples "bad vibe" sticks to us is because we try to push against it, fight it. And when we push against it, we are focussing on it. Next time BS happens, breathe it in, relax with it, allow it, welcome it, relax your body...and then go see or do something other than they are.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pippin

Welcome back Illahee. If you lost your password, use the suggestions-form and write a note to staff whether they can find it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I like your thought process. However, I do not think it is physics, at all, actually. At least, not as deep as we are taking it. It is the simple snow ball effect: think positive, act positive and positive things will happen to you. Our brain is designed to do what it thinks. So, if we believe happiness, we get it. I think that is what the Law of Attraction is really about. Training our brains. What do you think?

[edit on 29-5-2009 by jfobert]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as the opposite to the law of attraction?

I do not believe one bit in the law of attraction in humans, bbut in other things maybe.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
6 months since I studied and applied LOA.

This is my subjective experience:

- Girls approaching me, initiating conversations with me, since I writed about it on my notebook as if It was really happening on my life.

- I made new friends after I intended it.

- My dad's car sold 1 day after I intented it on my notebook.

- I started to see the car I intended in many places, although I don't own it, yet.

- After I intended my car, my dad start to consider the idea of buying a car for me, but the car he suggested was far from the car I intended.

- I started to see 11:11, 11:12, 23:23, 5:55 on clocks.

- other minor "glitches in the Matrix" that does not have plausible explanation and I can't remember

This is my conclusion:

Seems It works. Why? How? What? Don't know.
Will it work for everything? Probably.

And...

Too much teachers and self-anointed 'gurus', too much formulas. Too much information overload, which is contrary to focus...or focus on self-help =/

It's not that easy to know THE FORMULA, which is what everyone wants...

What some teachers - those with good intentions - teach is what works for them.

Sometimes, for some things, It's easier to just make action, my opinion only.

Some gurus like Joe Vitale seems to have a good amount of prosperity.

Joe, on the Secret, said that action is not that important... then we see his official homepage - mrfire.com - and he has 100+ ebooks/books/DVDs published, most all of them are about law of attraction and marketing. Ironic?

"Now wait... that's the final secret of The Secret for making the life you want... never shared before..."

C'mon Joe, you are breaking my BSmeter.

Then I remember the adagio "believing is seeing", which is a very elusive counter-intuitive thing!!!!!11111111 If I believe - w/o any kind of block - that I can fly, will I?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by infobrazil]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
Too much teachers and self-anointed 'gurus', too much formulas. Too much information overload, which is contrary to focus...or focus on self-help =/

Great insight. Focussing on teachers is the opposite of focussing inside but inside is where the magic is.

It's not that easy to know THE FORMULA, which is what everyone wants...

There are ways in which energy moves, sticks, un-sticks and is focussed but all these people who are looking for "the" Formula dont see that the ever-changing universe does not like static Formulas. What works and does not work changes over time, imo. Rather than looking for a Formula one can feel what is appropriate from moment to moment.

Sometimes, for some things, It's easier to just make action, my opinion only.

The "path of least resistance" or "natural effortlessness" sometimes calls for action and sometimes it does not.

Joe, on the Secret, said that action is not that important... then we see his official homepage - mrfire.com - and he has 100+ ebooks/books/DVDs published, most all of them are about law of attraction and marketing. Ironic?

Good catch. Joe has a bit too much marketing-hype for my personal tastes.

"Now wait... that's the final secret of The Secret for making the life you want... never shared before..."

Many go around with "the real secret behind the secret" which is all marketing BS, I agree.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was just wandering if these affirmations would work

I have a likable personality and every weekend i am always out with friends

i understand everything in all my subjects and i always sccore higher than 90% in every test and exam

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join