It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax123
Before recently, a large majority of people thought that the US economy was going strong. Very few predicted the current economic problem, so why did this happen if everyone felt that the economy was fine?

I disagree that everyone felt it was going fine. Check out the news headlines of the last few decades.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

I see you added to your post, so I`ll add this response:

Telling lies about how much you make is not the same as going deep within, releasing and clearing negative emotions in deep meditation, irregardless of outside circumstances, and then embracing more positive attitudes.

The questions you are asking are what I call surface-layer considerations. If you were partaking in a live-session of mine, I wouldnt encourage this but instead ask you to go deep within...much, much, much deeper. Thats where the personal change happens.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Before recently, a large majority of people thought that the US economy was going strong. Very few predicted the current economic problem, so why did this happen if everyone felt that the economy was fine?

I disagree that everyone felt it was going fine. Check out the news headlines of the last few decades.

I'm referring to economics, though. Very few predicted the current housing problem, a majority of people didn't think the housing bubble would come crashing down.

Off Topic: How do I change my default password? I can't find the place to do it anywhere.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Is that really true though? Surely millions of people have been worried about their own economic situation all year, as they started to realize that they had gotten themselves into mortgages they couldn't pay, etcetera

I'm no authority, but I think you're looking at this in an overly mechanical and literal way. Especially with something like national or international trends, I don't think it would be as simple as what is predicted in a newspaper. Better indicators might be those odd things that they find correlate with economic change, like lipstick sales rising when the economy is going to tank.

Because it's about energy not words, as I understand it.

So no matter how many talking heads assure us that everything is fine, there are forces that acted against that:

1) that the economic "expansion" was not based on attracting real wealth, but only the appearance of wealth

2) that on the individual level fear of economic insecurity was rising, and this energy can have more weight under LoA theory than any number of experts and graphs, which don't have any energy themselves.

PS - to change your password, click on the MemCenter button in the bar at the top of the windew. Then click on "Change Password" in the menu on the left hand side of the screen

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Let me be a bit more honest here for a moment. I dont actually think that the economic crisis is a negative thing.

In my practice of energy-work and LOA Ive learned that suppressing issues on a personal scale does not work. The stuff Im covering up or ignoring WILL come up sooner or later. The more I suppress it, the harder it will eventually hit me.

I think the same thing is now happening on a mass- and society scale. We are being forced to confront what we have been doing for a long time.

Ive been a critic of how we handle finances since more than a decade. Ive been telling my friends and relatives: "If we, as a society, continue with our ways, there's going to be a rude awakening someday".

This rude awakening is now. Governments, Banks and also us common people are now forced to confront the truth. And confronting reality is never a bad thing...its the only way we can define the reality we prefer instead.

An analogy

Lets say someones dog sh**ts on his carpet. He can either confront that stuff by picking it up, or he can try to hide it by putting it under the carpet. Not wanting to bear picking it up, he postpones the work by putting it under the carpet and maybe spraying some deodorant over it. It wont go away though, the smell will only get more and more foul. Eventually he'll get used to the smell and it wont be that unpleasant anymore. Until one day the carpet is removed revealing just how much has accumulated and how deep into the **** he has gone.

This revelation, as schocking as it is, is a good thing though, because it makes him shout in outrage: I want to clean up and will never allow this to happen again!

And thats the process mass-consciousness is going through with this crisis.

See americandingbats response for more.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great work on this one....

If you have time, pls see
www.abovetopsecret.com...

interested on your thoughts?

OT

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yes, Ive been reading the entire thread and think your OP is excellent.

Will never use even a hint of scientific vocabulary in my own work though, for various reasons

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I 've seen a lot about the law of attraction in recent years especially with few key people primarily the Secret team such as Abraham, Jack Cantfield etc, and from personal experience the Law Of Attraction works, however getting it to work constantly seems a task however I have found a form www.arcoftruth.com... which seems to approach the LOA and the Universal rules in a different way.

It also has shown me that a dream life is achievable if you believe and feel you can achieve it, if you have any doubt or negative thoughts then you scupper your chances, if that makes sense.

great to see the LOA being discussed

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Because what everyone in this country has been expressing more than warms&fuzzies about our economy, is a revolting ignorance and apathy of virtually everything else they have been doing.

In the same way people can embody positive things, people can also embody miserable things. They can be constantly depressed, angry, or ignorant, and though they may fail to realize themselves this way, their habits and behaviors still won't let them move on until they have addressed these faults and corrected their behaviors. America is one huge example of this. This country is greedy, arrogant, apathetic, and completely ignorant to what is turning in this world. This translates to total incompetency for millions. So they will get caught with their pants down. It's what they're asking for.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You say there is a time loop and that the manifestation will not come immediately because it is not known if those are your true intentions.
But then you guys also say to visualize and then forget. It seems like a direct contrast. How will the universe know if those are indeed your true intentions?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just got a water distiller and I pour all the water it makes into this jug.. on this jug I wrote the words with intent in mind: Distilled, pure water, crystalized (thinking of perfect crystal water like from "what the bleep to we know" vid, perfect crystal patterns that is.. also purifying, healing, i love you, etc etc..

should be some damn magical water in a couple weeks.. or whatever this vibrational lag is..

To quote an entity speaking through someones subconscious in a book of mine " When we think, it is created... we just wait for it to become visible".. that is to manifest down to this frequency. Some people say for this reason power of attraction works great in higher realms such as dreams. I guess when it comes down to this level, its more accurate. I could elaborate more from this book, but i'm sure SkyFloating has done a great job as is.

I'm just simply talking about my magic water.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Some people say for this reason power of attraction works great in higher realms such as dreams. I guess when it comes down to this level, its more accurate.

Exactly, I believe the same thing. "Higher realms" in this sense are just places where consciousness has more "mass," if you will, and what you think, there it is, and a whole lot more immediately than here in the physical because you are that much closer to the true Source of consciousness.

But the physical world here just being a construct of the other realms (literally -- and if you don't see this, then you are only fooled by the word "realm" -- its more like a mental "focus"), and the same principles ("LoA") permeate and function the same way, but there is a lot of "noise" and things are more mechanical and take more inertia to get moving, because things here are more "dense."

In a dream, though, what you think is almost immediately what you get, depending how lucid you are and things of that nature. You still don't necessarily get what you want immediately though, and this is a good learning environment for how subconscious feelings manifest at exactly the right moment to cast doubt in your head and make something different and unintended happen. You try to manifest a car in your dream, but then wonder, "What if it comes in from behind me and runs me over?," and sure enough the energy you evoked simply by focusing on that thought so clearly causes it to happen to you. Things like that bubble up from your subconscious and have to be dealt with beforehand, before trying to access more subtle realms and maintaining control.

Similarly in deep meditation, what you're thinking immediately becomes exactly where you are and what you are doing. So people focus on respected mystical concepts, etc. Remote viewing and ESP are even analogs here. And when "noise" wanders in from your subconscious, from your untamed "monkey mind" or ego, you don't get nearly as good results.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Law of attraction is mostly crap because if humans really manifested what we held in our attention, this world would be a billion times worse.

If there is a God, he's not giving us those powers till we get a little nicer.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Napoleon Hill is saying:

The method by which DESIRE for riches can be transmuted
into its financial equivalent, consists of six definite, practical steps,
viz:
First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you
desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.”
Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for
definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter).
Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in
return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as
“something for nothing.)
Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess
the money you desire.
Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire,
and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan
into action.
Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of
money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its
acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the
money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend
to accumulate it.
Sixth. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once
just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the
morning. AS YOU READ—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE

According to Sky, the 1,2,3,4,5 and just flawed, because they are specific in date and outcome, envolves planning and giving in return.

Bashar is saying:

3 Phases for receiving the "version" of reality you prefer:

1. See it. (mental)

Visualize it. Imagine it. Daydream it. Visualize it clearly. You don’t need to visualize it for a long time. Short time is sufficient, but you need to visualize it clearly. You need to have a solid clear picture. Visualizing it creates the blueprint, so see it in great detail. See it ==> Become an efficient Mental Antenna to receive this "version" of reality.

2. Feel it. (emotional)

Get excited & passionate about it! How would you feel if you had it now? Feel that now! Plug into your vision with all your emotions & all your senses, as if you had it now! Involve all your senses - imagine smelling it, touching it, tasting it, etc.
Feel it ==> Become an efficient Emotional Antenna to receive this "version" of reality.

3. Be it. (physical)

Physical action. Do it! To ground the experience. Do actions that most closely mimic the actions you "see" yourself doing in your vision. Gather and use whatever props mimic that scenario, and do a "dry run". Doing this "make believe" physical action trains the body consciousness. This makes it "real for you now", so the universe then delivers it to you. NOTE: This physical action does not directly cause this desired reality to manifest. Instead, this physical action creates a more precise vibration in yourself, making you a better antenna to receive it, by you becoming more aligned to the same vibration. The reality you desire already exists. You do not have to create it. You only have to receive it.
Be it ==> Become an efficient Physical Antenna to receive this "version" of reality.

In other words,

1. See it. ===> Become a precise mental antenna to "receive" that version of reality.
2. Feel it. ===> Become a precise emotional antenna to "receive" that version of reality.
3. Be it. ===> Become a precise physical antenna to "receive" that version of reality.

Bashar is also saying:

1. Your beliefs determine the reality that you perceive. Your beliefs determine your perception of reality.

2. You then immediately, automatically, (and usually unconsciously) interpret your perception of reality.
That is, you (arbitrarily) assign, project, and "superimpose" an interpretation onto your perception of reality.

3. You then emotionally react to your intepretation of that reality.

4. You then have thoughts about this reality.

5. Then, based on your emotions and thoughts, you take action.

NLP is saying:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This thread is so long, and I have to go back and reread it. This Christmas, something came to me. It was after I spent a week listening to various frequencies, the Solfeggio and Schumann, and I started having unusual dreams, and a thought has been building that when the moment comes, and it will be here, for this world, what is needed is one perfect thought, the power of intent and thought. I don't know what it means, but I've been practicing being my goal, not separated, daily.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Max Heindel saying that thought must have a form and feeling:

Furthermore, there is in the world a vast number of things, from the simplest and most crude
instruments to the most intricate and cunning devices, which have been constructed by the hand of
man. These reveal the fact of man's thought and ingenuity. Thought must have a source as well as form
and feeling. We saw that it was necessary to have the requisite material in order to build a steam
engine or a body and we reasoned from the fact that in order to obtain material to express desire there
must also be a world composed of desire-stuff.

Questions:

Which emotion/feeling is the better? Love?

Can we summarize that topic as:
Focus, attention, concentration (through visualization, writing, speaking, acting), emotionally, on what we want, as It's already happening and then letting go of it, while always maintaining good vibrations by thinking good thoughts and feeling good emotions?

Is LOA about subconcious programming, I mean, is It conscious mind -> subconscious mind -> field -> reality?

Can chakra meditation help accelerate LOA?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by infobrazil]

[edit on 30-12-2008 by infobrazil]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've heard that if you write down the things that you desire in the present simple, is stronger then imagining them. is that so?

thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mind is the forerunner of all actions.
All deeds are led by mind, created by mind.

The Dhammapada, 1:1 (Trans. Ananda Maitreya)

This includes delusions. If the mind is delusional then it will live in a delusional reality which according to the 'law of attraction' will attract events which reinforce its delusions. From my perspective The Secret is a deception (even its name is a reprehensible marketing ploy to sell its false promise). New Age is saturated with this type of brainwashing; delusional claims of understanding external reality (See also: Heaven's Gate, What the Bleep Do We Know!?, Edgar Cayce). This type of mind is living in a weak fantasy which will be crushed when the world becomes aware of reality; not only does it neglect hard science, it does not consider "the secret" which is controlling society (and it's not alone).

Here is "the secret": the mind can be remotely read and controlled by artificial intelligence created not by aliens, reptilians or stargate psychics but by human scientists. Most people are trapped in a socialized bubble having been deceived by their public information sources. All ability for the layman to rationalize advanced technology is based on information which has no practical applicability. It's unfortunate that valid experiences with this system are associated with the delusional world views of the New Age Movement.

We can learn something from the lesson of Job as it relates to this system: the mind is never in control of dominant systems no matter how righteous it may be.

My personal account: I have been experiencing daily overt manipulation by this system since 2006. I believe it to be a quantum computer with strong AI located in a deep underground military base which uses electromagnetic radiation through a satellite constellation for techlepathy and mind control. I believe it uses advanced signal processing and quantum entanglement (something like quantum radar) to interact with systems at neuronal (at least) spatial and temporal resolution. It could also be technology not based on current physical laws; either way it exists and is being used by a secret branch of government.

Here is some background information:
Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned
Technological Singularity

[edit on 2-1-2009 by tmk81]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What are the names of the books you have mentioned? I would certainly like to hear more about this.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi all. I am on page 16 of this incredible thread and working my way towards getting caught up. I want to thank Skyfloating and all who have contributed. This topic is something I have recently become much more interested in due to health issues, and finding this thread has been an absolute gold mine. It feels like I found it just as I realized I needed more direction/guidance (which validates the subject all the more) and it would seem things are already moving in the right direction.

That said, I do have a specific question. I am trying to understand how best to approach a debilitating health issue that has really disrupted my life. I am studying qigong and doing meditation to calm and focus myself, and I like the approach of writing down intentions on paper but I get a little stuck on how much or little I should focus on. I don't want to over think it and I try to take a 'light and breezy' approach, so to speak, and not dwell or focus too much on any outcome. That said, when I define my intentions I have a bit of a block over whether it is better to be specific for each physical ailment (i.e. It would be nice if my liver worked correctly, I would be grateful if my knees would stop aching, etc) or more effective to simply intend to 'heal' or 'get better' in general and not get too specific on each issue.

I am not getting terribly wrapped up in this and am just moving forward as best I can with what feels correct, and perhaps that is all I need to do. In any case, any input would be appreciated if there is any to be given.

Thanks again to the OP and all who have commented and I look forward to getting caught up.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join