It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
the law of attraction is definitely easy to explain

when you think positively, more positive things happen in your life

when you think negatively , more negative things happen in your life

if you put your mind on something you really want , and think about it everyday, theres a good chance youll figure out a way to get it.

the law of attraction is the same as meditation it is the same as prayer. it is channeling your thoughts and energies towards something you want in your life

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
When using the law of attraction, sometimes I attract things without using the steps in the first place, and don't attract things when using the steps. It seems to vary, with varying success rates. Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have a sort of theory about how this may work more scientifically than spiritually, and keep an open mind.

i'm not sure what i believe 100 percent, but an idea is that all of this focus and attention to something just leads you to obtaining it, not by some other nature, but altered decision making. by running the ideas through your head and processing it, all the ways of getting it, having it, and all situations regarding what you want, maybe it, whether subliminally or substantially, alters your normal decisions to lead you to what you want. for instance, small changes in your decisions may lead you to become closer to your desire, or make the desire more easily come. if you wanted love, all the thought makes you more comfortable in looking for love. if you want good health, it helps you be stress free. if you want a good job, the fact that it's on your mind often leads you to keep an eye out, go out of the way slightly more to look for it in day to day conversation, or make you more comfortable with the idea that you're doing something so you don't seem so desperate. i'm not using this as proof or to foil the idea, just maybe a different theory on how/why it may work.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax123
When using the law of attraction, sometimes I attract things without using the steps in the first place, and don't attract things when using the steps. It seems to vary, with varying success rates. Any ideas?

reality creating / law of attraction is something that happens every day, every hour, every minute, every second...whether you apply any exercises or not.

Energy flows all the time and it cant be stopped.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos1928
I have a sort of theory about how this may work more scientifically than spiritually, and keep an open mind.

i'm not sure what i believe 100 percent, but an idea is that all of this focus and attention to something just leads you to obtaining it, not by some other nature, but altered decision making. by running the ideas through your head and processing it, all the ways of getting it, having it, and all situations regarding what you want, maybe it, whether subliminally or substantially, alters your normal decisions to lead you to what you want. for instance, small changes in your decisions may lead you to become closer to your desire, or make the desire more easily come. if you wanted love, all the thought makes you more comfortable in looking for love. if you want good health, it helps you be stress free. if you want a good job, the fact that it's on your mind often leads you to keep an eye out, go out of the way slightly more to look for it in day to day conversation, or make you more comfortable with the idea that you're doing something so you don't seem so desperate. i'm not using this as proof or to foil the idea, just maybe a different theory on how/why it may work.

Well yes...thats how it also works. Focusing on one thing (deciding) makes you notice and subconsciously act on things leading to that.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Random questions...

If what we look at (focus on) gets bigger, and we live in an age of instantaneous news, and most of that news is bad news, would a widespread boycott of the news improve the state of the world?

If I am focusing on manifesting goodness and abundance and health and well-being for myself and my family, does it matter if the rest of the world seems hell-bent on destruction? (I know I'll probably get called on my wording of that question.
)

How much positive manifestation would it take to thwart the negativity in the world? Do events like the 11:11 meditation make a difference?

If I'm manifesting my reality, do you really exist?

Am I the result/reality of God's thought manifestation?

Am I thinking too much? (Don't answer that one.)

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Random questions...

If what we look at (focus on) gets bigger, and we live in an age of instantaneous news, and most of that news is bad news, would a widespread boycott of the news improve the state of the world?

The way "TV-news" is set up its certainly not helping the world - as "news" usually means zooming in on the very worst aspects of the whole, without even talking solution-oriented. TV-News in its current form is disgusting in that it seeks to get "action-oriented pictures" to hype up crowds and acquire good ratings. In doing that its not helping to solve the issues it reports on...much less giving an accurate reflection of the whole of reality.

This isnt only the medias fault though. Chances are, people would get incredibly bored seeing the peaceful 95% of the earth.

If I am focusing on manifesting goodness and abundance and health and well-being for myself and my family, does it matter if the rest of the world seems hell-bent on destruction? (I know I'll probably get called on my wording of that question.
)

Allow me to turn that question around and ask you if you think it is going to help the world if you keep yourself in a state of lack and suffering.

How much positive manifestation would it take to thwart the negativity in the world? Do events like the 11:11 meditation make a difference?

Every single thought, act, word influences the whole.

As for the other questions: I´ll let you answer those yourself, so that you dont create me as being the "expert" and yourself as being the "non-expert".

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So, this is how it works, imo

For naive and childlike beginners it works just like they say it in the movie "the secret". It works like magic until the cynical, questioning, skeptical, worried mind kicks in. After the excitement and novelty has worn off, this is how it, imo, actually works:

Focus. Something is focussed on, until it becomes familiar. The familiarity with it builds trust and the attraction of "things like it", things similar to it.
Focus can be applied in many different ways. One can look at something out there in physical reality or in here, in the mind. One can write about it (writing being even stronger than thinking), speak about it, listen to others speak about it, see it, touch it, feel it, do it, immerse oneself in it (whatever it is one wants to attract). But this is all done in the sense and tense (present tense or past tense) of it already being real, solid, substantial, important, normal, appreciated (rather than needed, wanted, longed for). Basically, one focusses for while (in this manner), and then "lets go of it". "Letting go" not in the sense of loosing interest, but in the sense of no longer requesting or requiring it (afterall, you have to pretend its already real).

And thats that.

Great Post Sky? Intersesting they use the same techniques in desensitisation with people with phobia's, guess that just backs up what you say even more ;o) Funnilly enough this was on earlier today, should be available to watch online at the link below tomorrow (too early to view today as only shown on tv today), you need to skip to the bit about a man with a Dental phobia:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reality creating / law of attraction is something that happens every day, every hour, every minute, every second...whether you apply any exercises or not.

Energy flows all the time and it cant be stopped.

I understand that, but I'm referring to attracting what you intend to attract. There are somethings that I've been pondering that I have attracted the answers to without any real effort or excercise, but when I try the excercises that you posted, I did not get what I was trying to attract. A question about one step is the part about feeling like you already have what you want, then letting go. How long should you hold on to that feeling before letting it go?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

The "letting go" part does not refer to letting go of the feeling, but to let go of wanting, needing, expecting and asking about the how, where, when of "manifestation". Why? Because "its already happened". So when you rest deeply in the belief of "already happened" you naturally "let go", because there is no longer anything to manifest on the subject. As far as your inner-self is concerned, its "already manifested", so you are not looking for manifestation outside-of-yourself.

Indeed the purpose of the exercises given is not actually to "manifest" something, but to reach an inner state of confidence, calm or joy which is independent of outside circumstances or manifestations. Once that is established, it doesnt reallly matter what does or does not show up...because you are happy in the first place and simply go about things you enjoy doing (in is in this state though, that things actually do start manifesting - but not because you were looking for them, but because you were OK without them and feeling abundant today).

As paradoxical as it sounds, projecting expectation or desire into the future, immediately causes a lack in the here and now. So, good LOA practice is to "get into tune", "into state", "into flow" rather than look for stuff showing up.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingChances are, people would get incredibly bored seeing the peaceful 95% of the earth.

I would subscribe to that channel.
But I understand what you're saying. Good reminder that most of the world is just clicking along and what we see on the news is a small percentage of world events.

Allow me to turn that question around and ask you if you think it is going to help the world if you keep yourself in a state of lack and suffering.

See. I knew you'd say something to that effect.

As for the other questions: I´ll let you answer those yourself, so that you dont create me as being the "expert" and yourself as being the "non-expert".

Fine. Be that way.

Thanks for your answers. Contemplating this stuff is such a trip.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ok just to get the folks in the original test up to speed. I have been away from and ignoring the project from before after the notice to stop work previously.

The purpose was to watch the advancement and retrograde according to the outside workers without linking my own intent. To the day when the workers were told to stop and start actions took place beyond the normal expected physical realm with certain items going beyond science or reason. 100% effective in every way.

Now I'm giving a shout out to all the previous workers to start again, today, right now or as soon as you learn of this.

With the prosperous work you began a few times already, I will report back within three days to confirm specific activities.

Best to you all, and keep working every day!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Syntax123

The "letting go" part does not refer to letting go of the feeling, but to let go of wanting, needing, expecting and asking about the how, where, when of "manifestation". Why? Because "its already happened". So when you rest deeply in the belief of "already happened" you naturally "let go", because there is no longer anything to manifest on the subject. As far as your inner-self is concerned, its "already manifested", so you are not looking for manifestation outside-of-yourself.

Indeed the purpose of the exercises given is not actually to "manifest" something, but to reach an inner state of confidence, calm or joy which is independent of outside circumstances or manifestations. Once that is established, it doesnt reallly matter what does or does not show up...because you are happy in the first place and simply go about things you enjoy doing (in is in this state though, that things actually do start manifesting - but not because you were looking for them, but because you were OK without them and feeling abundant today).

As paradoxical as it sounds, projecting expectation or desire into the future, immediately causes a lack in the here and now. So, good LOA practice is to "get into tune", "into state", "into flow" rather than look for stuff showing up.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

Sometimes I have put out expectation but have attracted that expectation. Why is this?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Depends on what type of expectations. Expectations can have the underlying "frequency" of lack or the underlying frequency of belief.

Dont mince words...they are insufficient to describe what happens. Me using the word "Expectation" in that post is not entirely correct. I'd have to invent new words to describe it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Depends on what type of expectations. Expectations can have the underlying "frequency" of lack or the underlying frequency of belief.

Dont mince words...they are insufficient to describe what happens. Me using the word "Expectation" in that post is not entirely correct. I'd have to invent new words to describe it.

So, do you mean that it depends on whether or not you are expecting something and are positive that it will happen, or if you expect something to happen but have uncertainty?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes...that is exactly what I think. Thanks for expressing it in a better way.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So, expecting isn't bad as long as you are confident? Would even a bit of doubt cause the manifestation to fail?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So, expecting isn't bad as long as you are confident? Would even a bit of doubt cause the manifestation to fail?

If you actually expect something to happen it will...even if you have a little bit of doubt.

There's a more powerful way to go about this though (imo - there are different schools of LOA): Not expecting something (which implies a time-separation), but believing it is already true.

It becomes as natural as breathing. You dont "expect" your next breathe to come...you KNOW it will. Well...in a sense you are "expecting" it, but you are not consciously thinking about it all the time.

Its too much thinking and trying-to-control that gets in the way. If you feel good about something happening, it will. Just dont try to get too attached to it having to happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What is "vibratory energy"?

In books on "law-of-attraction" and reality creating there is plenty of talk on the "vibe", the "vibration" or "the energy" or "the frequency" being the creative force in life.

To put this into a practical context: When you are in love with someone it is most easy to feel some type of "energy" flow through your body. Its a type of warmth. A type of appreciation. A type of exhiliaration.

This type of high energy is what is to be directed at the realities you want to create. In other words, if you just visualize, or do "affirmations" without feeling these pulses of warmth go out into the world, you are not actually becoming the magnet-to-these-things. You're wasting your time.

Anything you want - there is a corresponding feeling that goes with the reality of that. And this is not a feeling of longing. Its a feeling of being in love with already having it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Before recently, a large majority of people thought that the US economy was going strong. Very few predicted the current economic problem, so why did this happen if everyone felt that the economy was fine?

Also, what about people who constantly lie to others about what they possess and what they achieved? Shouldn't they actually get those things if they project that they already have them?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Syntax123]

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join