It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
By dabbled I meant: the active by way of my own consciousness. (I knew what I was doing.) I wasn't aware that I was doing it everyday, but since reading this tread, I know that has to be true then. It is true.
I will retrain my thinking, but that takes practice for me.
I have created things that I wanted but from what I consider a negative situation.
I call money creative resources because that is how I look at money. A means to my end. To create with.
If I want my dream home, wouldn't that require money? How to get out of thinking monetarily for a thing like that?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"In doing what you enjoy, you utilize the resources already available.

In making the most of what you already have, you´ll get/attract more. "

Is this my answer? If I want to build my dream home, I make my home my dream home. Then I will attract my dream home to where I already am?
( I enjoy creating beauty and fun in the home, I live for it)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

In terms of LOA (there are are ways to approach this, but since this is a LOA thread, I´ll only speak how the LOA-people speak) if your dream home is your desire you would indeed

...Not be focussing on money but on HAVING a dream home. You´d look at dream homes. Spend time in them, making your current home look and feel better...you´d bypass the "FIRST I need X, then I can have Y". LOA says that by getting into the feeling of something you start attracting the appropriate and needed resources magnetically.

So, yes.

By the way: The car I currently own was something I WON. Not a cent of money needed to purchase it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I entered the HGTV dream home sweepstakes every year thinking I would win, sell, build my own. But that is like the lottery that lots of people are putting their energy on. Did you enter something? Or, did you just win it? Very great way to get a car.
I spend almost every waking moment on the home. Have I gone to obsession, and that could be blocking me?

Could I be doing this too much?

"You´d look at dream homes. Spend time in them, making your current home look and feel better.."

[edit on 3-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As a cool exercise:

Pretend our roles are reversed and its me who is asking YOU those questions. Pretend you´re the expert in knowing what you want and what is needed for YOU to experience/get that (because in reality, you are that expert).

And answer the question from that perspective (the perspective of self-confidence).

I look forward to reading it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I entered the HGTV dream home sweepstakes every year thinking I would win, sell, build my own. But that is like the lottery that lots of people are putting their energy on. Did you enter something? Or, did you just win it? Very great way to get a car.
I spend almost every waking moment on the home. Have I gone to obsession, and that could be blocking me?

Well, I normally dont do lottery for these reasons and others stated in this thread. I just happened to walk passed this place once, play once and win once. I hadnt been focussing on winning, on money, I had only been thinking about how nice it would be to have a new car.

The obsession is of course (as always) the block. Needing, obsessing, craving...its all far removed from the lightness of self-confidence. You got that right.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

To put it frankly:

Buying lottery tickets in order to get your home is not "behaving like a person who already has the home".

Spend only 3 days in a feeling and behaviour of already having the home...and watch what starts happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Attempt to answer: Because I have confused myself, and like too many styles, I will clarify what it is "specifically" (knowing what you want and what is needed) I want. ( I draw floor plans and create collages, throw them away and start over)
OR should I stay general and vague ( like 'dream home')?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well, what I meant is for you to pretend that I am the one asking "How to create my dream home" and YOU taking on the role of the expert.

But nevermind that for now. See my post on the 3 day experiment.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Reach out your hand and "touch" the doorknob of your new home. Get an idea of it. Become familiar with it. Spend a few days in it. (Also make your current place look more like it). Dont practice too hard, instead enjoy your new home.

The main focus is not on practice or LOA or money or lottery...but on your new home which you are enjoying.

Thats the "specific and detailed" way to do it.

The unspecific method would be to just write down the intention and then forget about it and let "the universe" do the rest.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

To put it frankly:

Buying lottery tickets in order to get your home is not "behaving like a person who already has the home".

Spend only 3 days in a feeling and behaviour of already having the home...and watch what starts happening.
Done, thank you so much Skyfloating.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do you notice the difference between obsessing about wanting it vs. obsessing about already-having it? There´s a slight but noticeable difference in emotion and outlook.

OK: Done for now.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
obsessing about already having it is MUCH more fun. I have walked around it in in my sleep. Working out the details and flow. I love/enjoy it very much. I do that as I am falling asleep. I think i will be lying in bed a lot in the next three days. I am lazy so that should be easy to do.

I should say, I walk around in it as I am resting and going to sleep.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

OK. And remember, you´re not doing this to get any results, you already have the results

Check back in three days.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

As a cool exercise:

Pretend our roles are reversed and its me who is asking YOU those questions. Pretend you´re the expert in knowing what you want and what is needed for YOU to experience/get that (because in reality, you are that expert).

And answer the question from that perspective (the perspective of self-confidence).

I look forward to reading it.
Ok, but you are so good at this that it is intimidating me.
First I would tell you to get comfortable, and imagine feeling like a hopeful child, that the things you will be thinking about are possible. To start to fantasize about the places you enjoyed being in. The houses that made you happy. The qualities that they have.
Then to imagine being in those places. Then to change it to your own home. To begin being in the house and doing things that make you happy in that house. To sit on the couch, go to frig and get a drink, walk around the gardens. And then you will fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Ok, but you are so good at this that it is intimidating me.

You're doing a fine job. Don't be worried about what you sound like. Our LoA Moderator extraordinaire isn't judgmental. No one reading this thread with any frequency is.

At some point, you're not longer repeating things you've heard somewhere. You are tapping into the infinite knowledge of the Collective Mind, which knows a lot more than any of us. Just go with what you think.

Now, please, teach us.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Nice answer.

And its like Grey Swordsman says.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks to all the great minds who have made this thread one of the finest on ATS. Feeling indebted, I’d like to share a few personal anecdotes, musings, and finally a question. Our minds really do appear to constantly interact with a universal medium via LoA; here’s one specific case, perhaps not as profound as some stories here but it caught my attention:

In my workshop I often dabble in projects involving electronics and carpentry. Even thought I frequently begin these projects with limited (read: insufficient) supplies, I’ve found that the end product will be achieved provided I constantly maintain the expectation that I will achieve the final product. The solutions that come my way are usually innovative, surprising, and completely effective towards the end result.

This practice of expecting an outcome as inevitable, regardless and nonchalant of the odds for or against it, appears to be the key—for me at least—to tilt the odds of it actually occurring in my favor. This theme has repeated itself enough times in my life to validate LoA.

I also see certain exercises of LoA embedded in ‘pop’ culture. Two examples come to mind: firstly, motivational speakers will quickly tell you that your success is all in your attitude. Attitudes are usually manifested as beliefs that certain activities, things or ideas are “enjoyable,” “dreadful,” “impossible,” you get the idea. That belief/expectation, or, more importantly, the bias in judgment causes that attitude to have significant weight on reality. Try this: next trip to the dentist, if you’re the fearful type especially, address your fears with the methods on this thread and expect with all your being that your procedure will be a cakewalk…. And see what happens!

To expand on this, consider Murphy’s Law—the often-quoted belief that what can go wrong will go wrong. This is an attitude that I frequently observe hold true for those who believe it! As this is the LoA in action, obviously the converse can be true. It’s a bit unfortunate for society that this sinister version—Murphy’s Law—prevailed as a meme.

In pointing out these elementary but important examples, I hope to clarify that the themes in this thread inhabit us individually and collectively, in a subtle, inescapable perfection.

To wrap this up I have a question. It boils down to this: where does our power to attract outcomes (or realities) reside, and how can it grow from there? To clarify, I could expect all day to sprout a sixth finger by tomorrow morning. Not only do I doubt this could happen, but society at large as well as modern science shuns this belief. Where, ultimately, does the last word lie? Am I limited more by my own beliefs and biases, or do society’s beliefs prohibit this outcome? In my example way above, where random solutions come to the rescue in my projects, is there more ‘room’ for these random innovations to appear because society endorses randomness with its belief? To rephrase: are we limited to practicing LoA to its greatest efficacy within the restraints set out by our own prejudices, society’s, or a combination of both? (belief/prejudice/expectation etc are all so interchangeable in this context! We need a new word!)

In all my readings this question remains eminent yet unanswered. I think it involves how chaos—randomness—is molded in to order, and who has a share in that process. One may ask how to increase one’s individual share, but is this possible or necessary? Of one point I am sure: we are all artists, forever organizing chaos into order, unlimited by even the order of our creation.

Cheers,

~Avocado

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avocado
are we limited to practicing LoA to its greatest efficacy within the restraints set out by our own prejudices, society’s, or a combination of both? (belief/prejudice/expectation etc are all so interchangeable in this context! We need a new word!)

Not exactly a great mind, but I have to comment.

Society's impact on our belief system is limited to what we have allowed to be Auto-Suggested to our Subconscious Mind. Auto-Suggestion is the phenomenon of, accepting something as truth, repeatedly, consciously, eventually becomes a part of your belief system that you have great Faith in.

Anything that we repeatedly accept as true, is programmed, in an unbiased manner, into our Subconscious Mind we eventually accept as fact. This understanding then filters our perception of reality. Anything that has repeatedly been accepted as fact, will in turn, sculpt the mental image of ourselves, and of the world.

Beyond this, it does not matter what society believes. If our beliefs vary tremendously, we will have a vastly different perspective. The only addition I will add to this is, if the general consciousness of the world believes something, that carries a certain degree of weight in shaping reality. It becomes harder to fully break from the belief of the general population, once you've accepted something as fact. It will take a lot of reprograming to change.

In order to increase your influence, you need to develop your spiritual attributes.

Strength is developed by facing challenge, and resisting the temptation of Darkness.

Faith is strengthened by Auto-Suggestion.

Hope is cultivated by viewing everything from the highest possible perspective you can imagine.

Compassion is enriched by giving when it is most difficult to give, by treating people as we would like to be treated, and by working to make life easier for others.

Humility is developed by facing embarrassment.

Truth is developed, by always trying to represent yourself truthfully, and all of the messages you send to the Universe, be they thoughts, feelings, or actions, should reflect Truth.

Harmony is developed by building a balanced coorperation internally and externally, eliminating resistance in our lives.

Justice is cultivate dby always living according to your highest sense of right and wrong, but not pushing it onto others.

Flexibility lies in our ability to adapt, and deal with change.

Prudence deals with our choice of timing

Patience is strengthened by exercising discipline during times of inactivity, or waiting.

Temperance grows through our control over our emotional aspect.

Charity is strengthened by building up our sense of givign back.

Gratitude grows by being thankful for what you have, this tells the Universe, what you don't wnat to be taken away.

As you develop these qualities, your ability to manifest things grows tremendously, both in potency and efficiency.

Then, as you learn to influence others, and spread your Virtues to them, you create an even greater sense of Harmony in the Universe, and the greater portion of the Universe you can influence through the force of your personality, the more sway you will have in shaping the reality you want.

I hope this abridged answer helps to show things in a new perspective until others respond.

EDIT:

To expand a little on where this power comes from. It pemeates all of reality, and all of ourselves. Within every little smallest particle of existance lies everything else that exists. Permeating all of reality lies every little particle. By understanding this, we begin to understand how we can gain varying degrees of access to this power. The more developed our Virtues, the less resistance applied to our efforts, the more powerful they will be.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman

Society's impact on our belief system is limited to what we have allowed to be Auto-Suggested to our Subconscious Mind. Auto-Suggestion is the phenomenon of, accepting something as truth, repeatedly, consciously, eventually becomes a part of your belief system that you have great Faith in.

Anything that we repeatedly accept as true, is programmed, in an unbiased manner, into our Subconscious Mind we eventually accept as fact. This understanding then filters our perception of reality. Anything that has repeatedly been accepted as fact, will in turn, sculpt the mental image of ourselves, and of the world.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. That's the impression I got from reading many posts--that we are limited only by our individual beliefs. There's something subtle about that though.

We accept the general premise that belief creates reality. Specifically, as you asserted, one's individual beliefs create reality, only within his/her capacity to believe. Suppose an individual believes (via auto-suggestion) that society sculpts his reality to some degree. We may classify this as a personal limitation subject to reprogramming, but if our premise--that belief creates reality--holds true, then it is also true that we each divide up this power to 'attract' between ourselves and others!

I am not refuting that an individual can be 100% empowered (attractive?), but it seems important to note that society is able to perpetuate the status quo because most people are not at 100%, i.e. they believe to some degree that other people's beliefs affect them.

There's something more here that I can't quite get at...it's late....

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join