It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As for the jug story, I want to thank everyone for not being juvenile and saying the usual things.

The failing was this:

I set that desire in mind with an exact vision of what it should look like and otherwise exactly the same as the glued together broken one, only usable for cider.

If the results are bad try the words: "perfect condition" Tossing too many words out there, is in a way asking for a specific set of parameters that are not needed for the process.

This is a critical point that I try to get across to healers, and the reason I recorded the story and share it, because a chip or crack is not acceptable in the healing arts.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Originally posted by Xtrozero

I also see a little of the age old “money is evil” type mentality, and I really feel that what you do or do not do with money is what makes it evil or good.

As example; more than 90% of us work not for enlightenment but to create security. I fail to see evil in wanting money to create that security, or to prove the means to not work anymore and do other endeavors that are more fulfilling.What is your thoughts on this?

Hi SF,
Marvelous topic!
Just wanted to touch on comments above and then add a few more things. "Money is root of all evil." is a misquote. It should read, "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil." Common sense tells us that society demands that we have money to exist.
And as far as a worker feeling that he should deny himself wages, that's a lie from Hades. (Not extended towards Xtrozero, just whoever began taking things out of context to begin with). Even the Bible states that a man should be paid his just wages.

Now, what I wanted to add or question is this; you or Illahee may answer, because I have learned a lot from both of you in just one sitting. Although I'm still not entirely sure I understand it all.
Some years ago, I attended what was called a 'Word Church.' The LoA reminds me of it's teachings. We were instructed in the 'Faith Walk.' Such as, Calling things that are not, as though they were. Why say what you have, when you can have what you say? You have not, because you ask not. Speaking things into being. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not yet seen. Etc.

Would LoA be similar to this? If not, in what ways would it be different? Thanks for your time.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My apologies for the above post. I tried to fix it umpteen times. It just would not fix. Hope it is legible enough as it stands.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

Would LoA be similar to this? If not, in what ways would it be different? Thanks for your time.

Thats sort of a christianized-version of what we are talking about, yes. LOA has been offered under many, many, many, many, many different labels, depending on the target group someone is adressing.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My apologies for the above post. I tried to fix it umpteen times. It just would not fix. Hope it is legible enough as it stands.

You can fix it by removing some of the quote-buttons.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I set that desire in mind with an exact vision of what it should look like and otherwise exactly the same as the glued together broken one, only usable for cider.

Being specific like that is something I rarely do. Being able to create exactly the image is a very, very powerful thing. I most often recommend people to "go general" as not to accumulate too much doubt. Respect to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Thats sort of a christianized-version of what we are talking about, yes. LOA has been offered under many, many, many, many, many different labels, depending on the target group someone is adressing.

I use this version because that is the path of most resistance. I see others run the other direction. I see them use the word 'universe' to make a bland easy to pass version. This is best when dealing with the global market and the public as a whole.

It is likely if I had the study in Buddhism, and was exposed to that group most It would be in those writings as well, or any other group probably. In the US its more likely that I would get a bible lesson so that is the choice to teach from.

Heavily edited to stay with the civil discussion.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

I use this version because that is the path of most resistance.

Yes I noticed.

Heavily edited to stay with the civil discussion.

Dont get me started on religion or a positive thread will soon turn ugly

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Disagreed. Pure intentions felt with peaceful/relaxed (slightly joyful) emotions in the body will neither take out innocents neither lead us astray. They are the reliable indicator of the soul.

I agree, but not all emotions are peaceful and relaxed, which is why I said I felt it was reckless to simply use pure emotion. I have seen people create with anger. I am aware and interested enough to just sit back and watch the process unfold. They walk into a neutral situation, and become angry, and you can actually see the whole thing change. I have also seen people, myself included, create with fear. It seems you have to express your emotions, even negative ones, but somehow do so without linking intent and the creative to it.

Will. Focus switch. Release of Resistance. (not the dozens of different ways to focus at the beginning of the thread).

That "release of resistance" is what I am working on. When it "occurs" to me, it comes into my mind as "clearing." I am trying to understand how that works, mechanically. In practice.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
That "release of resistance" is what I am working on. When it "occurs" to me, it comes into my mind as "clearing." I am trying to understand how that works, mechanically. In practice.
"

Look around you and pick up an object. Take hold of it. Grip it tight. Tighter still. Now let go of the object. Safely drop it.

Thats the "feel" of releasing resistance.

People ask me "how is it DONE" but its less a non-doing, a stopping-to-do.

Look around your mind and pick a reoccuring negative thought. Take hold of it. Grip it tight. "Go into it". Take a deep breath and hold your breathe while you hold the thought. On a slow and gentle outbreathe, let go of the thought.

Now, pick a more pleasant thought and start imagining it. Vague and blurry at first but it gets clearer. Breathe softly. Let that thought fill your entire body and being until you feel energized and alive.

That took about 10 minutes...but even a mini-shift of vibe can have dramatic positive consequences in reality.

EDIT: If necessary repeat switching back and forth between the unwanted and the wanted several times until you have restored your causality over your attention on that subject.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Vanitas

The thing is though...being an exceptional creator with exceptional imaginative skills is just the thing that can get you out of it ASAP.

One of the funniest things I see in this field of business is how people dont even notice some of the things creativism can be applied to.

I had to interject on this as it is a fundamental point on the subject.

First, Thank you SF for finding (creating) such a thread. (Star, Flag) These are subjects rarely discussed due to the nature of our cultures dampened and misdirected attitudes and the adapted dysfunctional description of reality we are saturated with in media and whats left of our culture.

People might be surprised to know how other cultures around the world are much more open to these thoughtful matters and have integrated them.

Many of us have had significant experiences where our perception has opened up during moments in our lives. For some, the effects are horrifying and can be buried (with subsequent problems) for a lifetime. Others are haunted by them, and while sensing a more inclusive path, because of fear or buying into a personal situation that puts them constantly back into the same cycles. Some need only one experience to have the map to their life's direction. It is different for everyone, and there lies the seeming difficulty of communicating these messages to a large enough segment of the population to begin countering the direction we travel as one.

We and all are all important to each other. We are each others keepers, in that without everyone finding their own truths, their power to make a world that acknowledges their sovereignty, spiritual path and a voice in our collective decision making of our world, it is harder (less likely) to manifest. This maybe infinitesimal fraction of the greater reality we call our universe is all our responsibility, so is our desire to become what our hearts already know should be possible.

The initial statement SF made is very relevant. We cannot wish, conjure, intend or force a desire to make our dreams come through if they are not "tuned" to an applicable reality. Wanting to be something you think are not, might mean a need for a more in depth and inclusive understanding of yourself or the world of possibiities.

We would think that a child's statement that they wanted to be president to be quaint, yet a positive thing. We would, due to experience and wisdom likely be charmed by such an announcement. Yet, knowing that to make this a reality, a very involved participation in such a goal would need be acted on by the child, who as they gain knowledge of what a president is, might be inclined to change their trajectory. Usually we find they do this many times in their growth to adult levels of understanding. (exceptions always, I knew since a child what I wanted to do.)

Many of us believe that we deserve to be happy, financially stable and a valued contributing part of our society. We do deserve this , but ,need make this happen with not only how we visualize and intend, but also in what choices and actions we take every moment. Many dreams are contingent on fundamental awareness of our health, our self education and our taking personal responsibility in our lives. There is no Genie going to give us anything we want, unless we see ourselves as the Genie who takes responsibility and lays the foundation for whatever we want in our heart.

We need do the work to create what we want to experience. A dream is a tuning fork, but it is not the promise of that reality. It is the framework to build to. So be ready to take responsibility for what you want also.

I have, as many, had significant infinite moments of enlightenment in my own life where I saw that I could do something beyond our descriptions of the world, but at the same time realized I could not take responsibility for such an act. I do not know where that wisdom came, but suspect in my heart it was already there.

I knew that the profound visit to a illuminated world I was gifted with, would be like climbing a mountain in a wilderness to get my bearing. After finding that direction I found my heart was guiding me to on the horizon, I would still need to come down off that high mountain and walk toward that goal, now marked on the compass, and meet any challenges along the way. Without the illumination on my path. Still, the path does become brighter with practice.

If I was to shy away from a challenge on my path and loose the trail, I would need to climb above the forest again to reacquire and reset my way point. It might have changed too, due to acquired awareness and knowledge.

Some have these moments, these gifts and cannot reacquire the same mountain tops. Like a OBE from an accident, or other things not repeatable. But these can happen at any time, for any reason. At least if we allow that to be a reality. These so called secrets are in every moment. We just need be open to them.

Becoming quiet inside, and pulling the dial off your radio for a bit can leave the important stations to come up. Like in meditation. Eventually you have let these stations (thoughts) do their time and go, and then eventually a quiet moment will come where the deepest and most significant data bubbles up. (I know this but do not meditate like I did in my youth. (I have the same challenges and make the same stupid excuses.)

My own focus is Creative Awareness, and the ability to visualize and make real ideas that tune us to what is at the center of beauty. I make images, that I found I could imbue with my hearts intent. You who are reading this have your own such gift and another path up the same mountain. At the top we are all one.

We talk in specifics, and get wrapped up in subjective language and symbols, but are all traveling the same road. That is why I tend to find everyones descriptions valuable, if ,not otherwise tainted by lower forms of obscuring or destructive character. Filtering for these seeming differences and having an internal empathic translation, we can find great truth in an ancient culture or a simple mans words. There is no where it is not. Being quiet and listening is wisdom.

Most happy I found such discussion here to resonate with what I know and need remember. Now to act!

Thanks, all.

ZG

B1

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

We and all are all important to each other. We are each others keepers, each with their own truth.

There is no Genie going to give us anything we want, unless we see ourselves as the Genie who takes responsibility and lays the foundation for whatever we want in our heart.

A dream is a tuning fork, but it is not the promise of that reality.

These so called secrets are in every moment.

Becoming quiet inside, and pulling the dial off your radio for a bit can leave the important stations to come up.

(I know this but do not meditate like I did in my youth. (I have the same challenges and make the same stupid excuses.)

Just cherry picking the quotes from your post I found especially moving.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Beyond the Secret

One of the basic "magical arts" is nothing other than "priority managing".
The attention of most people is in a constant state of overwhelm, produced by an onslaught of TV, Internet, Bosses, Friends, Society telling one what to look at, what to think about, what to think, what to say, what to do...in short: Where to put attention. Attention is steered and directed by the inner will. The will of most people has been overwhelmed to an extent that they say "I really dont care anymore. Just tell me what to do and I´ll do it. Tell me what is true and I´ll believe it." Exhaustion.

The Management of Priorities is one way to be more selective and filtering of the realities you wish to experience and learn about. Attention is the prime source in the creation of reality and makes no difference between good and bad. You look at something you dont like long enough, you start resonating with that. You look at something you do like long enough, you start resonating with that. Infinity is in-clusive. Everything you say yes to and everything you say no to, you begin resonating with. Trying to ex-clude something equals in-cluding it.

Take ATS Threads for example: There is a thread that is really awful and people make the mistake of responding to it...angry, fed up, critical. But what happens? The thread grows and grows and grows. You tried to ex-clude it, but you actually in-cluded it.

You cannot ex-clude anything from all-that-is. The solution therefore, is to define, for your mind, what is important for you...again and again and again and again. Otherwise the mind will just suck anything and everything up, becoming a chaotic mix of random stuff and chatter.

The ability to define what is important and what not and the ability to make certain things important and unimportant (by the power of attention or word and thought) is truly powerful and truly magical as attention follows that which you have defined as important. And where attention most often goes is where reality goes. For this reason, it is hardly an effort to upkeep the realities we are surrounded by everyday. For this reason it is difficult to switch to a new reality...because our attention is forced on the same ol reality everyday. If a new reality should come to pass then more attention would have to be given to the new reality than to the old one...quite an impossible task if you are surrounded by the old...unless of course you trust imagination more than what your senses are telling you is right in front of you. Rather than observing "what is" and judging ones reality from that, one observes "what is wanted" until it becomes more and more habitual and real.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.veoh.com...

Skyfloating, your opinion?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Do you reckon this is where aladin came from with his 3 wish's and the saying be carefull what you wish for?. Because ivee seen it when ive aske for peace and quite friends hardly ring and when ive wanted exciting all sorts of trouble comes my way and stuff. Do you think it would be dangerous to increase awarness of it?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
www.veoh.com...

Skyfloating, your opinion?

I wasnt aware of that video. It really is that important step more integral and holistic than "The Secret". Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boredguy
Do you reckon this is where aladin came from with his 3 wish's and the saying be carefull what you wish for?. Because ivee seen it when ive aske for peace and quite friends hardly ring and when ive wanted exciting all sorts of trouble comes my way and stuff. Do you think it would be dangerous to increase awarness of it?

You have a point. Souls are suckers for adventure. They dont go to the movies to see peace and harmony, they go to see tragedy, action and excitement. Thats part of the souls desire. Of course it also causes some challenges and trouble. But at least you know how to slow down when it gets to be too much. As a child/teenager we asked for trouble because our energy was sped up and not channelled to anything in particular. As we grow older peace and serenity seems to become more important than the quick fix. But still I wont judge the childlike vigor.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Everyone that has been successful with creation has found themselves in that place, even when they received instruction that they would end up poorer for what they received.

I have always advised that when the gift is perfected it should be directed to the service of others in order to be fulfilled and satisfied yourself.

There is no possible way a hunger for 'things' or what they call 'the world' will ever be satisfied. Its just a thirst that will follow you for the rest of your life. It must be used in service to satisfy your own thirst, and change the flow through the membrane of reality to the proper volume for you. If you are in service, the worldly goods you attract will come at a volume that you find pleasing and satisfying, and you will not thirst for them.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Illahee,
I apologize that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread as I wanted. If memory serves me, did you say in an earlier post, that you were putting together an e-book on your views of the LOA? If I am correct on this, when do you think that will be, and how do you get a copy?
If I remembered that incorrectly, forgive. I have been terribly busy with two open threads at the moment. Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a very interesting read man. thanks for posting

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join