It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon giving me insomnia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK, the subject line makes me sound like a crazy person, but I had to make it interesting.

Basically, I'm an insomniac. I have been for most of my life, but lately I've noticed something really odd. For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to force myself to sleep rather than give up and watch TV or read a book or something. Usually, I just end up lying in bed in the dark in silence all the way until morning, but if I'm lucky I'll nod off here and there and get a bit of sleep in.

Well, I've started hearing little bits of distinct conversations going on inside my head while I'm in this state of being really tired but unable to sleep. They don't seem to be my subconscious thoughts and the snippets I hear are totally random and seem to have their own voices and whatnot. The other day, when I finally drifted off to sleep, I heard "Caught you sleeping!" right away and I snapped right back awake. That really creeped me out because it seemed like more than a dream.

A couple of nights ago, I had the same feeling of a direct confrontation or some force trying to make me stay awake. I don't believe in demons or the paranormal - though I am relatively open-minded and very interested in strange subjects. My theory is that I created some sort of malevolent entities out of my subconscious mind and they rely on me doing harm and hating in order to thrive. I think that because in the same period of time, my thoughts and moods have been very negative and violent and I'm often angry for no reason.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaytan

Well, I am very much like you in the sense that I am:
a) long-time insomniac
b) totally open-minded
c) don't really believe in demons.

It is possible to "create", as it were, pseudo-entities, usually called larvae. NOT thinking about any subject that might attract or even "feed" them (like fussing over the insomnia itself) is always a good idea.
And putting some frankincense on a hot plate is definitely a good idea (very good health-wise, too).

Based on my own experiences with sleeplessness (although I am admittedly not your "girl next door"... : )), I think it COULD be that, thanks to the insomnia, your senses became more acute and you actually hear voices from a distance that you wouldn't normally consider as audible.
(I know I do.) And being night time, it really wouldn't be THAT unusual for somebody to utter the words "caught you sleeping" and such.

Also, the "subconscious" is not the only voice-producing area within you. ; )

Having said that, I think a good (duly controlled, of course) Ayahuasca trip would do you good and put the demons, if there are any, to rest. ; )

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaytan

The negative, violent, thoughts and moods are probably from the lack of sleep. It could be you are lacking so much sleep that you are hallucinating and that is what is causing you to hear the voices.

You should rule out any health issues you might have by seeing a Dr., before you start thinking you have some sort of demon after you.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't have thought anything about this had I not read your statement about hearing the statement..."Caught you sleeping!"

Put this verse to memory and when you lay down just meditate on it. I hope it helps!
Psalms 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

new topics

top topics

join