It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Cameraman captures a 'ROD'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This video was originally shot in 2002, so I dont doubt there is a discussion about this incident somewhere on ATS.

However, the video recently appeared on MSNBC video page

Here is the link:

video.msn.com...

If the link doesnt leed directly to the video then look under the Whats Hot video section and click on "Camerman has UFO encounter?"

It appears the cameraman has captured what jose escamilla calls "rods"

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Verbal_Hologram]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Verbal_Hologram

Great, a trailer for the HC MonsterQuest episode...

Captured !? There is not a single sentence about anything captured, neither in this trailer nor in the entire show.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There has been alot of buzz (no pun intended) about these things lately. Here is a link to Jose Escamillia's thread regarding these rods. Pulled this from the Cryptozoology forum.

Jose Escamilla's Roswell Rods

This was covered last week on the History Channel on an episode of "Monster Quest" and has (hopefully) been debunked as bugs. I believe that this Kansas incident is covered on that episode. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Note: I believe that Jose Escamillia has since been banned from ATS.

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nice find.

This is VERY interesting and might change my stance on rods. This is a pretty big might though.

I always though, these "Rods" were alot closer to the cameras, and just fast moving insects; moving so quickly and so close to the camera that they end up blurry, and not looking like insects.

But NOW they are saying this thing passed behind the cloud at 5,000.

Now that's where my stance change may come from. I don't know how sure they are that it passes behind the cloud or not, I would need expert analysis of that. Unless this phtographer is an expert, I mean I'm sure he knows a good deal about video, but does he have the equipment to give proof positive evidence that it is 5,000 plus feet away.

Another thing is they all look so similiar. Which is a plus for the theory.

However, I just not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, because I remember seeing a video of a "Rod" that was caught on film as a camera man was filming the opening of a large cave that went straight down into the earth, and this "Rod" he caught wasn't in the sky it was between him and the far side cave wall, so it couldn't have been more than 100-200 feet away, but oddly enough it was extremely close in size to the one in this video that is supposed to be 5000+ feet away. That bothered me a little.

So either these come in sizes from that of a small bird to that of a small Airplane, or I see a problem. But I'm definitely a little more interested after seeing this video, and hearing it passed behind the cloud. So starred and flagged.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now the site says . Video unavailable. Wonder what happened.
It's a conspiracy I tell you

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok, I can't find a download for the "Monster Quest" video, but basically they set up a controlled situation and using a stantard video camera and a high speed camera simultaneously, some bugs and moths, they immediately filmed a "rod" on the standard cam and a regular moth on the high speed cam. Made me think twice.

This may or may not explain all "rods", I'm not saying either way, but check it out sometime if you can.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That thing did not disappear behind a cloud. It blended in with the cloud. Any HONEST photographer who was not doing an ad for the History Channel would tell you immediately it was an insect. So much for honesty in advertising, eh

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There was a guy filming a bug and posting a video here, exaplaining the phenomenon of the so called rods.
Why are we still discussing this?

If I can film a bug and if it looks JUST like that, why are we still being wowed by these reports?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Big ruckus going on after the debunking at the Roswell Rods web site. Looks like it's not over. RG

new topics

top topics

join