It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says No Decision on Troop Levels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Bush Says No Decision on Troop Levels

apnews.myway.com

Facing another decision about U.S. troop levels in Iraq by spring, President Bush said Saturday it is "fine with me" if generals recommend no more reductions than those already planned to drop the force level to about 130,000.
"Iran's role in fomenting violence has been exposed," he said as he listed successes the U.S. is helping to bring about in Iraq. "Iranian agents are in our custody, and we are learning more about how Iran has supported extremist groups with training and lethal aid."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
apnews.myway.com
apnews.myway.com

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We should be out of Iraq now in the first place, but that is another topic altogether.

At least he is listening to his Generals wishes, the ones who are still talking to him that is.

But wait, he brings up Iran again. They're the threat to world peace remember. Yet he's the only one talking about war.

They must have a hand in terrorism, says Bush. So we must believe him!

Those damn Iranians always causing trouble...

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

The top U.S. commander in Iraq, Gen. David Petraeus, told reporters after Bush spoke that the overall flow of weaponry from Iran into Iraq appears to be down, but attacks with "explosively formed projectiles" tied to Tehran are up by a factor of two or three in recent days. "Frankly, we are trying to determine why that might be," he said.

EFPs from Iran are down according to a top General. How do they have any idea where these weapons come from anyway?

Is there a 'Made in Iran' sticker like we have 'Made in China' on all of our products?

After a similar report from Petraeus and Crocker in September, Bush announced he would withdraw some troops from Iraq by July - essentially the 30,000 sent as part of a buildup ordered a year ago - but still keep the U.S. level there at about 130,000.

This just in...More lies:

U.S. commanders credit a Sunni backlash against al-Qaida in Iraq with helping reduce violence over the past six months.

Yes I'm sure the Sunnis are specifically targeting al Qaida in Iraq.

Due to our actions, we've created more terrorist sympathizers than pro-government supporters.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I saw something else in another post about 1984. You know in that novel they would fight with one enemy, then change and fight another. Then it was oh no we have always been at war with so and so. I wonder if that is why he likes to drop Iran all the time, when we finally go to war with them Bush can say, oh no we have always been at war with Iran, we were never at war with Iraq.

If it werent so damn scary I would laugh, he is like a little kid on the playground that isnt getting his way. Yeah but that isnt fair, stomping his feet, I want to go to war with Iran.

THey have us in the perfect situation to get what they want, the war on terror, it just goes on and on. It is scary to put the word war with something, gives it more effect. Just like the war on those drugs, where millions are being made, and millions being wasted to house non violent drug offenders. Ugh, what are we to do with this mess that keeps getting worse? Scary times we live in indeed.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is this the same speech he gave in Kuwait, seems like it and I just love this piece.

"There is no doubt in my mind that we will succeed. There is no doubt in my mind that when history is written, the final page will say, 'Victory was achieved by the United States of America for the good of the world'."

SOOOOOOOOOO it was all done by the USA, fair dues America you have put a fair bit on the line regarding IIIIraq but you was not exactly on your own.

Well done George for upping the morale of your troops and antaganizing the rest of the coalition, America takes another step further away from its allies.

I vote Postman Pat for the next president of America

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dont worry He will add 60,000 Troops in the spring.

Then 2 weeks Later bring back 30,000 Thus reducing Troop levels Right?

thats what he did last time LOL.

The more the reduce troops levels the more troops end up in Iraq.

GWB needs to go to school and retake math.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Iran is just the preferred excuse for failure in Iraq.

When will people begin to concede that the Iraqis themselves don't want us there?

How long does it take to admit a mistake?

top topics

join