It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah Khamenei- U.S. won't bring Iran to its knees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
How can one be proud of a nation that murders men, women and children on a daily basis is beyond me and beyond all humanity. A nation that is corrupt beyond belief and one that is two jack boots way from being a full blown Fascist State.

Show me a nation that does not fit your statement!

The problem isn’t any certain nation, it is ALL nationalism.

Iran, Russia and China are NOT innocent little children here.

BTW, where are you from? It is always nice if you have the intestinal fortitude to list your nation when bashing others.

Based on your English I would guess that you are from one of those countries who participated in the GWOT but like to pretend that you didn’t and it is just those damn Americans.

Sorry if I am wrong mate.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hmmmm....North Korea, with Chinese/Russia backing, never invaded South Korea in the 1950s??

Russia never went into Czechoslovakia in the 1960s?? Or into Afghanistan in the 1970's?

China never invaded Vietnam after we left?

Shall I go on?

And the US has never threatened to use nukes against anyone since WW2.

And I'm not going to comment on your "ass wuppin" remark. Just don't go to Vegas.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Show me a nation that does not fit your statement!

The problem isn’t any certain nation, it is ALL nationalism.

Iran, Russia and China are NOT innocent little children here.

Word, bro.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

4th, so you think the US is good do you

Of course I do.

well I suppose even the Nazis had their supporters.

Now that is funny!

Comparing the U.S. to the Nazis is the most ridiculous thing I have read all week. Oh yeah, didn't the U.S. defeat the Nazis? Umm...yes.

You are either incredibly naieve or a blind patriot either way you and you kind will loose big time in this conflict.

Oh well, you are entitled to your wrong opinion. However, coming from a Frenchmen, I do understand why you think this way.

How can one be proud of a nation that murders men, women and children on a daily basis is beyond me and beyond all humanity. A nation that is corrupt beyond belief and one that is two jack boots way from being a full blown Fascist State.

Again, you can have your flawed view but I'm sure the French will be the first begging for help from the U.S. when it hits the fan.

I'm sorry to hear that you think killing terrorists is murder. You can go stick your head back into the sand now.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OOh where to start, well its interesting that when one points out the traits of Americans they seek to draw attention away from themselves and point to others but it matters not.

We are not discussing what other nations may or may not have done but a nation that has set out its stall for global dommination and it is that what matters.

Quite simply America and its military might are not as good as what they think they are, they never have been and history is the proof of that no the mistake it and its supporters make is to rely on technology to do the job for them and again this has shown them wanting but all will be revealed soon.

4th I'm from the nation that controls yours, the fact that you and the other 300 million dont realise it just shows how good we are at doing it and we have been doing it for a long time, why carry a heavy load when a donkey can do it for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Iran deserves nuclear power as much as the next country. If Israel, Pakistan, and India can have nuclear ARMS, why can't Iran have nuclear POWER.

The word "deserves" is interesting in do you feel that all countries have the capability to keep them safe and the morals to never use it as an offensive weapon?

There is the moral issue of nuclear technology as its so freaking dangerous to all life. In that sense, no one should be using it.

Many say that Saddam got chemicals from the US, and he had the moral right not to use them, but that didn't stop him from using it on the Kurds.

However, does a bully (nuclear armed countries) deserve to have the big stick while the others fight over how long they can use the swing set?

Equality my friends is a bitch, but fair.

Who says anything needs to be fair? Life isn't fair, nor is the world in anyway, but with nukes it all needs to be fare?

AND the right thing to do. If the bushmen of Africa wanted a nuke, they'd have every right to pursue that as well.

So some bushman leader says hey Iran I will give you 100 million in diamonds for a nuke. Do you feel this is ok?

Of course, someone is going to bring up the whole terrorist suitcase bomb scenario...I can feel it coming.

I do not believe it exists, but so what do we do with a world full of nukes and everyone has them? And what do we do when they are used? How much do you think someone would pay to have a nuke go off in New York, or do you think there is no one in the world that would do that?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
X, if you want to start calling the ketle black you better start looking at what you own nation has done and continues to do, like who's sells the most arms in the world, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

4th I'm from the nation that controls yours, the fact that you and the other 300 million dont realise it just shows how good we are at doing it and we have been doing it for a long time, why carry a heavy load when a donkey can do it for you.

“Oil and sand” one of the two will run out and also become obsolete. Oil under sand will run out long before oil under water, Ice, or Tundra does. I’ll stick with the US thankyou.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

X, if you want to start calling the ketle black you better start looking at what you own nation has done and continues to do, like who's sells the most arms in the world, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

What does my post got to do with the US? I was questioning the poster whether every country or anybody should have the rights to WMDs, and how that would affect the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Quite simply America and its military might are not as good as what they think they are, they never have been and history is the proof of that

Really??

What gives you that idea? What proof are you talking about since America has never lost a war?

the mistake it and its supporters make is to rely on technology to do the job for them

Again, wrong!
Technology is essential and a big part BUT it still comes down to the man on the ground, ship or plane.

and again this has shown them wanting but all will be revealed soon.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with that comment.

okay, if that line of thinking helps people deal with their cowardice feelings or helps them sleep better at night then so be it.

Are you so ashamed of your country that you will not even let us know where you are from?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

OOh where to start, well its interesting that when one points out the traits of Americans they seek to draw attention away from themselves and point to others but it matters not.

Wait, you come on here bashing several nations yet are too much of a coward to state your own?

We are not discussing what other nations may or may not have done but a nation that has set out its stall for global dommination and it is that what matters.

You make a statement about a nation's war record but when it is pointed out that its foes have done the same thing you are demonizing it for you try and say it doesnt matter and make look like WE are getting off track?

You arent worth further response.

Have fun in whatever third world backwater you live in.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Seriously, let the people have their nuclear energy.

Just.... seriously, America. Stop falling for this BS. Stop it.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hey magicmushroom, do you know every single county on this planet has been to War. They have all killed people. What most people don't know, is that the United States tries to AVOID casualties of war at all cost, even though I hate to burst your self induced bubble you have created. We even spent billions of dollars on weapons to AVOID killing innocent civilians, like you think we do.

We do not kill Women and Children just for the fun of it. What ever country you come from that tells you that, must be complete retards looking to control the population, good job SHEEP!

Also I have a friend that came back from Iraq, and told me of some of the systems they use, and how they have to IDENTIFY the target before they engage. So take all the information you heard about the United States killing innocent women and children out of your little head.

Oh p.s. Do you know how we won the Gulf War against Saddam? We won it with Speakers. Don't know about it, look it up, now you know.

Capeesh?(spelling?)

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
if the rest of the world ? can have nuclear power why cant iran have the same????? because the rest of the world doesnt threaten on a continuous basis to wipe another country off the face of the earth [...]

Ah, it was only a matter of time until someone said the "wipe off the map" quote. Iran never said it. There have been countless posts on here giving the real quote, and it is proven that the "wipe off the map" quote was a misquote made by MEMRI to have the western public think that Iran wants to start a war.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Regardless of weather or not Iran deserves Nuclear power or not, I want to address the quote "US won't bring Iran to its knees".

I have to laugh at that. Yes, the US is not in great shape right now. Economy is in the toilet due to an unpopular war. Our troops are spread thin fighting in 2 countries. That being said, we still have enough power to put Iran back in the stone age if we wanted to. We don't need to sustain a ground war to bring them to their knees and we don't need to have an occupation either.

I am not saying that I want a war because personally I think this showdown with Iran is ridiculous. But, this guy is out of his mind if he believes for one second that the US doesn't have the power to completely destroy their country. Right now it would seem that the American people and the international community are all that stand between him and the US coming in and bringing them to their knees. If it wasn't completely against the will of the people and the rest of the world, you know that Bushco would have kicked it off by now.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

"America's problem with Iran is beyond the nuclear issue," state television quoted Khamenei as saying.

"Americans are mistaken by thinking that by pressuring Iran over the nuclear issue they can break Iran. By bringing this and other issues to the fore, they cannot bring the Iranian nation to its knees," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

and the 3rd important utterance the Supreme Leader Khamenei
makes in this report is the most important one, in my opinion.

""Khamenei said that 'building or using nuclear weapons is against'
Islamic sharia law""

Now, are the Supreme Leaders words truthful??

or is Supreme Leader Khamenei engaging in the Islamic practice of being
deliberately un-truthful as long as the deceit & lies are 'righteous' in the
performance of one's individual Jihad...?

No nuclear weapon use... but TNT, or C-4, or nitro, or fertilizer phosphates
are approved means of massive destruction within sharia law?
anyone have links which addresses what is OK to use against an enemy or
what's OK to use in preserving Islam or in striking at the un-believers?

?Where did Supreme Leader get this nuclear-no-use edict...

IF he is correct then Pakistan who has 'built' a nuclear arsenal is going against sharia law...and must suffer some sort of Muslim penalty

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Oh My I never realised just how many ignorant people there are out there, where I live is irrelevant, America has never lost a war oh really, They lost in Vietnam, stalemate in Korea, bogged down in Iraq and Afganistan and contrary to what many Yanks think they did not win WW1 or 2.

In WW1 they were late as usual in WW2 it took the Japanese to get them to fight, Russia had the Nazis on the run long before D Day and they (USA) did not even beat the Japs on their own it was done with the help of BE forces so actually they have not won anything on their own.

There is lots of hoo ha but the reality I'm affraid is quite different as seen in Iraq and Afganistan, once again the mighty super power cannot beat a poorly armed and equiped group of freedom fighters. And if you think that is bad just wait till you invade Iran yopu wont know what hits you.

I find that in life it is better to be a realist and be aware of one's own limits rather than believing you can do something that you cannot, and as I have many times befor this is not Yank bashing because I would be saying the same if it was Russia, China or anyone else.

Its quite simple I dont agree with those who seek to impose their way of life on others at the end of a gun and a bomb, to rob murder and torture, to errase history and traditions. Those who shout from the rooftops and flaunt their outrage at the evil deeds done by others are quite happy to do the same and support such regimes be it the USA or any othe Fascist Despot Nation.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They lost in Vietnam

We killed millions and lost less then 100,000. Up until we beat our own record later this is the best kill to death ratio of any modern war.

We didn’t loose, we got tired of killing and were called home.

bogged down in Iraq and Afganistan

At the most conservative estimate we have killed 50,000 in Iraq and lost less than 5000 troops. Again, an outstanding kill to death ratio. The truth is that we have probably killed more like 100,000 to 200,000.

I don’t agree with war, but that does not change the fact that we are a lethal killing machine.

We kill better on large scale than any other nation, ever, period.

And if you think that is bad just wait till you invade Iran yopu wont know what hits you.

Is that it, are you Iranian?

Listen, when we invade Iran you are going to see the biggest US victory in history. We will roll through the country, our tanks begging for more blood and our helicopters screaming through the sky.

I don’t support a war in Iran, but the above is the truth.

In a real war there is no nation that can beat us.

Its quite simple I dont agree with those who seek to impose their way of life on others at the end of a gun and a bomb, to rob murder and torture, to errase history and traditions.

You just described most of the muslim world, so is there any one you do like?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cav, you seem to be confused, you dont want war but your glorify the killing prowess of your nation and also seem to have a problem with reality.

The USA will not win in Iran just like it has not in Iraq/Afganistan, I know most Americans dont travel much and have a totally controlled media but you can look outside of the box or you can allow yourself to be duped, its a choice at the end of the day.

The high and mighty rise and fall on a regular basis and the US is no different than all those whom have trod the same path, the answer is why and who controls it all. Once you understand that things will become much clearer.

And again my nationality or place of residence is not important, I am a citizen of the planet Earth end of.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh boy time to set some people straight I agree and disagree with points from everyone but ill start here...

First off United States did not win the war in Vietnam our goal was democracy for the country and it came not to be so in a mission sense we failed the mission...yes we killed many more but what is the point if we didnt finish our mission...oh and many more died after we left compliments of the north vietnemese.

North Korea we had them all the way to the border with China until China joined the party and pushed back south...we did win Korea because the North never won their goal which was a Korea penisula that was a dictatorship.

WW1 and WW2 we did win we won our goal and that was to take out Hitler and beat the Japs and Italians....Yes we had allies but so did they.

We did threated to use nukes after ww2 and that was against China when they join N Korea in the war....in fact there was a statement that is famous China said you can kill us with your nukes but we will still fight you with rocks or something like that...That is the truth in history...NOW as far as the subject goes its like this....

Iran would lose the major part of the war within 6 months with cleanup duty taking much much longer and would we have the heart to stay there that long I doubt it....

Iran should be allowed nuclear power and if they want the bomb well let them have it. As far as wiping isreal off the map the persians have survived for many years and I think for and ridiculous they are they are not stupid...they know if they used the bomb that Iran would become a parking lot plain and simple as that.

We have a really bad policy right now of policing the world and fighting battles we should be fighting frankly Im sick of it. I think we need to bring our troops home from Europe, S korea Japan places where there is no war. We need to finish building Iraq and get out let them run their own place and same with Afganistan....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join