It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me out ATS members, surely there is a way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I borrowed a Sony handycam to take a video of a peculiar star. My problem, I have no way of getting the video off the camera. I simply cannot purchase a replacement docking station.

Is there another way? I’m willing to go around the world to get to town. I just ain't got no mo money.

If not, I am at 34 degrees, 19’06.29” N – 82 degrees, 58’ 55.43” W at an elevation of 848 when I took a video of a star.

This star shows on the SW horizon at approx. 4:45 am. It is quite red and I was struck dumb when I first noticed this star December 14, 2007 between 3-4 am. I initially thought it was one of the pulsating tower lights. Shortly after I first noticed this light I realized it was moving and concluded it had to be a star.

Everyone says it is the North Star. It’s red because of the reflection of the Sun. Okay, sounds logical but what of the pulsating. It was not twinkling. It definitely pulsated at about the same rate the tower lights were.

Anyway, I scrambled around and got hold of a digital camera and got a shot as best I could this morning and filmed it around 5 AM.

The light emitted from or radiating out from a star should theoretically be in the shape of a sphere right? The light from this star was not circular. It looked like the top of the sphere had been cut off. Zooming a little closer just to the left of the center of this star is a point of light.

Help me out here. I’ve been waiting for this moment.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sony Handicam?

That narrows it down to about 200 models. Give us a model number.

You apparently gave us the elevation. Useless without azimuth, time of day and date.

Google SKYGLOBE. Download, install, run, identify star.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

You might want to move your thread to the Space forum. Seems a more logical place for it.

Are you in the states? Location might help.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
still there after almost a month? My guess would be Mars. Stars and planets twinkle and pulse due to atmospheric distortion, more so when low on the horison. "Stars" don't reflect our sunlight.
Seriously, google sky and see what is is.
2 bucks says the planet Mars.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Sony Handicam?

That narrows it down to about 200 models. Give us a model number.

DCR-HC32 NTSC (Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Optical 20x).

You apparently gave us the elevation. Useless without azimuth, time of day and date.

okay, the time was approximately 5:00 o'clock am on january 12, 2008. i have a compass that gives me the degrees and at 7:05 am the degree was 150.

please forgive my ignorance. i'm learning because i need to know.

Google SKYGLOBE. Download, install, run, identify star.

i'll try it. might need your help again.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

it has been appropriately moved and many thanks. i have tunnel vision and every topic i find myself personally involved and find most disturbing, i want to connect the dots.

i believe all things are intricately woven.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My pleasure, musselwhite. Might want to close one of the threads since you have two going, might help keep all the info. in one place.

Good luck...keep looking to the sky.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Found this from yahoo answers.

Steps:
CAPTURE VIDEO
a.) Connect vcam to pc via firewire cable (4 or 6 pin) for good transfer (USB can do but possible drop frames with effect on quality)
b.) Set vcam mode to playback desired video, then pause
c.) Open wmm and set to TASK PANE
d.) In the wmm/Task pane/CAPTURE VIDEO, click CAPTURE from video device. Wmm should now be able to control vcam operations. On play, video files are copied to wmm/Collection (usually several video files, although will not notice on vcam playback)
e.) Import also other desired files (video, pics, music, narration) from pc folder to wmm Collection
EDIT MOVIE
f.) wmm/EDIT: drag & drop captured video files one by one from collection to TIMELINE chart below at the desired sequence
g.) Enhance/edit your video further if you wish: drag/drop other files (video, pics, music, narration, effects, transition); create subtitles, then, test to your liking (re-edit as you wish)
FINISH MOVIE (w/rendering)
h.) Save the video file to pc or burn to cd
i.) Save the project file (work-in-progress) for succeeding edits

answers.yahoo.com...

top topics

join