It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think the Anti-Christ is good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

religions have killed millions of people over history
Atheism has killed none

How has a religion killed anyone?
After all, it's not a disease or anything.

If you mean to say that "millions of people" (which is historically impossible, unless one believes that there are/were "religious wars" in the 20th century, but let's discuss that on some other occasion) were killed in the name of religion, then you have to use the same yardstick for atheism.

And if that is so... boy, let me count the millions that were killed (and tortured) and lie in unmarked graves because they wouldn't deny their religion in the face of "atheist" regimes...!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Atheism has killed none

How has a religion killed anyone?
After all, it's not a disease or anything.

This is a heavily debatable question or set of statements.

Religions have caused wars and killing, however was it the beLIEf system or the men?

Is Religion the Gun? "Gun's don't kill people, people kill people"...

(ironicly) I'm sure somewhere in history I could find one place in time where someone actually drowned in a baptisim tank. So I think religion has caused a death or two at least.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by evolutionz

Atheism has killed none

Atheism is contributing to things such as Columbine.
..did I mention role playing games developed by atheists

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Atheism is contributing to things such as Columbine.
..did I mention role playing games developed by atheists

what does atheism have to do with columbine?
what about all the pedophile priests?

Religious wars that killed people
spreading faith by violence? IMO it will always be used for power and not truth

early scientists have been threatened or laughed at by people of the church and later they were correct
Galileo
Copernicus

Crusades
Thirty years war

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

what i'm getting at is if the people that are all holy are killing people but they have these peaceful beliefs. How do you follow them?
Confusion

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by evolutionz

There are two basic ways to understand your question. Directly toward me.

I DON'T FOLLOW THEM!!! I am not of any religion. I piss upon the religions of mankind. They are just hopes to be right in numbers. Religion is a grouping of people through which they believe that in numbers they are less likely to be wrong.

Religion is an offence to the truth and to god. That's to say the most critical things about religion.

Religion is thusly because it is based in misunderstandings.

That's not to say what is at the core of their misunderstandings isn't the pearl of truth.

Thus you should search, for yourself, to find out these things.
YOU don't even need to know anything else contained within any religion.

Other then you're a created being by a creator father, and your existance should be about escaping your beast like will for God's will of supreme being.

Follow that one understanding and you'll do well over 99% of anyone in a religion.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Okay, kinda switching gears a little-

Did any one here grow up having to hang out with your extended family on holidays at the dinner table while they preached (Southern Baptist) that whole Jesus is gonna come in his big spaceship over Israel and beam up all the saved in the raptured, and we are so worried about you little Paloma, that you are not gonna get to come up with us on spaceship Jesus, cause you are not saaay-ved! (It is a two syllable word in the south).

I really don't want to go on the Jesus space ship. I don't want to be taken up in the Rapture, I pretty much decided that when I was about 11. So if the Anti Christ coming can hasten my annoying relatives along and let me live un hasseled and unraptured, I am all for it. I just want to survive like a cockroach, forget the Mega war between supreme beings, I am more afraid of human beings.

So I guess that makes me pro anti Christ oddly.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

sorry, I thought you were a holy christian person

I actually have the same thinking as you

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432

I also believe in what you would call the christ consciousness.

I believe in the path to god

We should be trying to become Christ-like.
Another bright member of ATS.

I think the OP and others are looking at the church ---- not Jesus or his teachings ---- as bad. So if someone they see as an enemy comes around he may actually be a hero for humanity.

Inquisition anybody?

Heck, now - a - days it is called the Roman Catholic Church.
But it was the Romans who crucified Jesus and persicuted the real, original christians. The Romans just assimilated a group who they thought they could use to accomplish their goals.

And the antichrist is not the devil/satan. 2 different characters.

Most discussion and fear of the anti-christ was created by catholic priests beginning 300 years after Christ died.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hi/

And the antichrist is not the devil/satan. 2 different characters.

You are correct!
The Antichrist is not the devil or Satan.
Devil translated from the Greek means.......slanderer,lier.
Satan is the opposer of God.
Lucifer the 'fallen angel'' is Satan.

Most discussion and fear of the anti-christ was created by catholic priests beginning 300 years after Christ died.

This is wrong!
It was NOT created by any religious system.
catholic priests?.......what UNiversal priests are you talking about?

If we look at the prophecy of Daniel(whose name means "God is judge).......
"And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...." (2 Thessalonians 2:9)
So 'even 'him' whose coming is after the Working of SATAN.
It wont be Satan himself, but will do the work for Satan.
Only God was able to take 'flesh and become man'...Satan has no such power.
His cunning ways and deception will be put forward to the Antichrist.

In Daniel we read ........

The Old Testament prophet Daniel is not only an image of a righteous person persecuted for faithfulness to God,
but also an example of how God delivers those who remain loyal to Him.
And when the holy Daniel finds himself thrown into a lions’ den, he is nourished by God Himself,
Who thus shows that He always provides all that is necessary in man’s life, as long as the latter remains faithful to Him.
And the greatest feat in the life of this saint of God is when he refuses to worship the idol Baal,
even though the king and all the people bow down before this idol.

This is how it will be when the Antichrist comes.
Another great example is the The three holy youths – Hananiah, Azariah, and Mishael, who were thrown into a fiery furnace for refusing to worship the idol, – stand on a par with the prophet Daniel.
These Three Youths refused to 'bow down' and worship the Idol....as it will also be at the time of the Antichrist and his false prophet.

And the three youths in the Babylonian furnace did the same.
Being in the epicenter of danger,
at the very edge of death,
they first of all confess their sinfulness: “We have sinned,
we have transgressed,
we have done wrong in Thy sight, O Lord.”
These words the Church always pronounces on the holiest days.
And at the same time these youths fearlessly denounce Nebuchadnezzar, who threw them into the fiery furnace, calling him “the cruelest man on earth.”
These 'three Saintly youths' are a great example of what is to come at the time of the Antichrist's rule on the whole world....they set a perfect example of what we should do....

A fact.....(outside source)The holy Three Children completed their lives full of days; as for the Prophet Daniel,
Daniel lived until the reign of Cyrus, King of Persia,
whom he also petitioned that his nation be allowed to return to Jerusalem and that the Temple be raised up again, and his request was granted.
He reposed in Peace, having lived about eighty-eight years.
His prophetical book, which is divided into twelve chapters, is ranked fourth among the greater Prophets....

This is what the 'faithfull' following Christ's teaching, should be doing now and should do at the time of the Antichrist....refuse to 'bow down' and 'worship' because either way we must ..... ''Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (Matt. 10, 28)

helen

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join