It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
what a load of bull!
the united states are not the fathers of naval specail warfare it was the british that invented the art of comandos trust a yank to say that
also where the hell do u think they got the training!
the comandos green hated lots of US comandos !
secondly this source isnt from a unbiased author

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
what a load of bull!
the united states are not the fathers of naval specail warfare it was the british that invented the art of comandos trust a yank to say that

I am only trying to correct a misnomer.

We made it up ourselves, or do you also have a HELL WEEK?

Then show me an unbiased source that can prove your claim?

All I am attempting to do is clear up some misconceptions, I am not trying to reignite this debate. Incorrect information was put out and I am trying to set the record straight.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
SEAls were based more on the fighting CeeBees than anything else. CeeBees created BUDS and some still attend it today.

DC

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
SEAls were based more on the fighting CeeBees than anything else. CeeBees created BUDS and some still attend it today.

DC

No, I posted the links as to where they are from. SeaBees were never considered special operations, nor will they be.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Delta, how did you come up with that assumption? Seabee's didn't create BUD/S! Yeah, they were the main source of recruitment during the UDT days, but they all volunteered. There wasn't any regulations on who could join! I can see how you would come to that conclusion though. Hey Delta, read the thread about Red Cell. You should hear this guy.

Do some research on UDT's, NCDU's, and SEAL's. You find that there was no particular "founding" specialty. Everyone volunteered, from all aspects of the Navy, and they made it happen. That's what you call teamwork, huh?

Another good source of info on the creation of SEAL's is a book called Point Man, by Chief James "Patches" Watson, who is a plankowner of the SEALs.

Mr. M

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
No, I posted the links as to where they are from. SeaBees were never considered special operations, nor will they be.

Didn't say they were. They're engineers. Always will be.
But Basic Underwater Demolition training was first their school. And they trained the first frogmen, which SEAls originated from.

DC

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

what a load of bull!
the comandos green hated lots of US comandos !

WHAT!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttt....

And I created Windows XP. Give me a break. If you want to know who "created" special warfare, try looking back towards Gengis Khan buddy, because special warfare has been around before man even knew what he was doing.

Mr. M

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Didn't say they were. They're engineers. Always will be.
But Basic Underwater Demolition training was first their school. And they trained the first frogmen, which SEAls originated from.

DC

The original intructors were from the old Scout and Raiders, back when training was held in FL.

On 6 June 1943, LCDR Kaufmann established Naval Combat Demolition Unit training at Ft. Pierce. By April 1944, a total of 34 NCDUs were deployed to England in preparation for Operation OVERLORD, the amphibious landing at Normandy.

[Edited on 23/3/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Hey Delta, read the thread about Red Cell.

I'm not going to read the thread about red cell. I read Marcinko's book. That's enough. Since my grandfather was a CB in Korea, I think I'll take his word over anyone here.

I think this link is conclusive. Guess who it's from? Yeah, that's right... The NAVY. Read the first sentence.

SEAls were first CBs

OK, now that I've done 30 seconds worth of 'research' are we going to continue on the issue of the origins of the SEAls?

DC

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
lol I would think that we wouldn't have seals in a desert. The seals are essensially underwater demolitions and various aquamarine functions. A desert doesn't have much water, and we have other troops spicifically for that kind of operation, by golly!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Hey Delta, read the thread about Red Cell.

I'm not going to read the thread about red cell. I read Marcinko's book. That's enough. Since my grandfather was a CB in Korea, I think I'll take his word over anyone here.

I think this link is conclusive. Guess who it's from? Yeah, that's right... The NAVY. Read the first sentence.

SEAls were first CBs

OK, now that I've done 30 seconds worth of 'research' are we going to continue on the issue of the origins of the SEAls?

DC

Dude, read the thread (hint, hint)! It's good, man.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I just checked it out. It seems that thread isn't even about the cells anymore. It's more like the Government Agency Mud Pit.

Flame less, communicate more

DC Out

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yeah, I just checked it out. It seems that thread isn't even about the cells anymore. It's more like the Government Agency Mud Pit.

Flame less, communicate more

DC Out

I'm trying over here, but people just don't want to listen...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
star child i said NAVAL not regular spec op's because i know that even before gengas kan there were spec ops
so dont give me any of that
and also jsut to say we dont have a hell week we have at least 10 week selection course!
secondly ur comandos learned it from ours

u may want to do that but you could of picked a better source!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

star child i said NAVAL not regular spec op's because i know that even before gengas kan there were spec ops
so dont give me any of that
and also jsut to say we dont have a hell week we have at least 10 week selection course!
secondly ur comandos learned it from ours

u may want to do that but you could of picked a better source!

OK, you point is somewhat valid and somewhat invalid. However, I am capitivated by another thread right now, so could we talk about this later? Thanks.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nice comeback
NOT
any way just to say this no 1s special forces will be better than any 1 elses

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
holy christ that was alot of crap to get through just to post.... look seals sas sbs cbc nbc afk lol and jaf all ur special forces ... bring em my canadian special force's or ( jcf ) with its mighty fleet of fishing boats and our uber acurate slingshots and broken beer bottle bullets will Fak u up yA dig ?..... IEEEE and dont forget aboot the drunken scotts ieee they will hoze ya good too

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Once again, it cannot be said that one SPECOPS unit 'learned' everything from another. All of them are original, all have different lessons learned every mission, and share them freely with allied SPECOPS units.

Saying that an American SPECOPS unit of any type or title is a descendent of another is like saying that the computer is a descendent of the abacus. Which it is, but the degrees of separation are so deep that IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.

"That's pride #in' wit you." -Marcelas Wallace

DeltaChaos Out

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a) SAS selection is 38 (I think, around that sort of time) week long solid training.
It breaks down roughly to the following:
3 weeks Brecon Beacon hiking (effectively your 'hell week', candidates are expected to be able to walk, effectively, solid for the whole time, whilst completing 12 mile runs, forced marches, etc, including a 75 kilometer (rroughly 45 miles?) forced march/run which starts in the dark in under 20 hours.
b) The Italians and the British were the first forces to officially experiment with frogmen (Italy was using them pre world war 2, Britian used them in Malta etc to combat enemy frogmen and limpet mining of ships, beach reconnassince, etc).
c) Your sources have no mention of the SBS. Funny, our government deny the SBS exist. Apparently, there is no such thing as the 'special forces' groups. You wont hear anything about them, especially if you are only looking in official histories.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
look who cares whos spec ops are the best this is just hormones setting in
i say lets just find out what would be the ultimate combined spec force any takers?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join