It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
There are numeous SF teams and units thought the world,but in my opinion the SAS are the most Elite Fighting unit,and no amount of arguing or debating will ever change that.

Great, another SAS grouppie.

I witnessed a few of the SEALs during their "HELL WEEK" and their lack of discipline during training shocked me no "SIR" or any acknowledgent of the DSs words or tutoring....but hey it could be a NAVY thing....but that wouldnt last 2 seconds in the British Army or the NZ and I am prtty sure the Aussie Army either.

Where did you witness this?

BTW they call the "intructors" at BUD/S. Next time you "witness" their training make sure you listen and I am sure that you will hear it.

Unlike the SAS training you can watch the SEAL training on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL.....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Unlike the SAS training you can watch the SEAL training on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL.....

That is because no one cares about SAS training. No one would want to watch people walking up and down hills.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That is because no one cares about SAS training. No one would want to watch people walking up and down hills.
Theres your mistake right there REAL SOLDIERING is all about "walking up and down hills".

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I remember seeing something on Discovery channel about british training. I believe it was the Royal Marines or something like that. I do not claim to be a SF expert. It was funny because they were supposed to be going through survival training and they had coordinated to have friends sneak food out to them. I guess they got tired of trying to catch rabbits.

Not trying to bash the british, but I think this thread is kinda stupid.

You all should just pop smoke and get the hell out of this thread. It's going nowhere.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Theres your mistake right there REAL SOLDIERING is all about "walking up and down hills".

You, of course, know this from experience?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier
I remember seeing something on Discovery channel about british training. I believe it was the Royal Marines or something like that. I do not claim to be a SF expert. It was funny because they were supposed to be going through survival training and they had coordinated to have friends sneak food out to them. I guess they got tired of trying to catch rabbits.

Not trying to bash the british, but I think this thread is kinda stupid.

You all should just pop smoke and get the hell out of this thread. It's going nowhere.

Ha ha ha that sounds about right "Hearts and minds"..

Well I have also heard that some people stashed bottles of Lucozade on some of the routes through the Brecons.....

And to the other dude:
I am not interested in having an argument with you I am quite happy to accept your opinion and I am quite happy with mine I have my reasons to favour the SAS.
And my service record if any is nobodys business but mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROGUE

There are numeous SF teams and units thought the world,but in my opinion the SAS are the most Elite Fighting unit,and no amount of arguing or debating will ever change that.

Great, another SAS grouppie.

I witnessed a few of the SEALs during their "HELL WEEK" and their lack of discipline during training shocked me no "SIR" or any acknowledgent of the DSs words or tutoring....but hey it could be a NAVY thing....but that wouldnt last 2 seconds in the British Army or the NZ and I am prtty sure the Aussie Army either.

Where did you witness this?

BTW they call the "intructors" at BUD/S. Next time you "witness" their training make sure you listen and I am sure that you will hear it.

Don't believe every thing you see on TV the public is not alowed on NAB Coronado. That was a TV show pr event. It you are extremly lucky and stay at the Hotel Del Coronado you just may see the Seals on a beach run at 0 dark am (If you do go to Coronado I recommend dinner at Miguals (sp ) right on the Strand awesome Mexican food and a lot of the SEALs go there)

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
And to the other dude:

I am assuming that you are referring to me.

I am not interested in having an argument with you I am quite happy to accept your opinion and I am quite happy with mine I have my reasons to favour the SAS.

You have no service record to speak of, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time talking about "real soldiering," something you know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You have no service record to speak of, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time talking about "real soldiering," something you know nothing about.

I think we can apply this same conclusion to you.
Now lets drop this discussion and let everyone have their opinions.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And to the other dude:

I am assuming that you are referring to me.

I was going to just post "BLACK" so you could post "WHITE"....

"REAL SOLDIERING" Hmm yeah what was that again..

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Why don't you tell us since you are the one who brought it up in the first place?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Why don't you tell us since you are the one who brought it up in the first place?

I think you should enlist and see for yourself,its the only true way to understand the concept of "REAL SOLDIERING".

A baptism of fire in the Military can really bring out the best in you.....have a break from the PC,get out and see the world.........

You will love "WALKING OVER HILLS"...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think you should enlist and see for yourself,its the only true way to understand the concept of "REAL SOLDIERING".

You obviously failed to read the whole thread, since I already admitted that I am in the armed forces. Are you?

A baptism of fire in the Military can really bring out the best in you.....have a break from the PC,get out and see the world.........

I have, several times. How about you?

You will love "WALKING OVER HILLS"...

No thanks, I have walked more than my fair share.

But enough about me, what about you? Can you speak from any personnal experiences? Or are you just another guy (or girl) who can't hack it and would rather just read about it.

I eagerly await the story of Rogue.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I eagerly await the story of Rogue.

Ah my story "ROGUES STORY" I can see it now international best seller,I could make millions.
I can see it now,the billboards,the glamour,the glory,perhaps even some "REAL SOLDIER" work out videos..

I am sorry if you want "My story" you will have to talk to my agent about the rights....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ah my story "ROGUES STORY" I can see it now international best seller,I could make millions.
I can see it now,the billboards,the glamour,the glory,perhaps even some "REAL SOLDIER" work out videos..

Yeah, but who would want to read (or watch) it?

I am sorry if you want "My story" you will have to talk to my agent about the rights....

Think I'll pass. Sounds to me like you lead a dull life. Things might pick up for you if you moved out of your parents house (or do you call them flats)?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yeah, but who would want to read (or watch) it?

Think I'll pass. Sounds to me like you lead a dull life. Things might pick up for you if you moved out of your parents house (or do you call them flats)?

I was quite enjoying this,and starting to admire your odd passion towards arguing.

But you just threw it away by stooping to cheap slander like that.....

*And just for the record I am thousands of KMs away from my folks...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was quite enjoying this,and starting to admire your odd passion towards arguing.

Why thank you.

But you just threw it away by stooping to cheap slander like that.....

I was just responding to the one you used earlier. I figured that I would have to stoop to your level so that you would be able to participate in this discussion.

*And just for the record I am thousands of KMs away from my folks...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I was just responding to the one you used earlier. I figured that I would have to stoop to your level so that you would be able to participate in this discussion.

Ha ha ha

Thats better,at least you have a sence of humor........

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ha ha ha

Thats better,at least you have a sence of humor........

As do you.

I tip my hat to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
If the US forces arent elite, how come America is the most powerful nation in the world?

Maybe cause of the airpower and ground armor? ever think of that? The man is as good as his weapon. and the weapon is even better than the man controlling it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join