It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
I was always Pro SAS in this debate, but my stance changed from being able to compare Special Forces to not being able to compare them.

Because you became an ignoramus, right?

The phrase, 'stop picking up fag ends' means to stop entering a conversation mid-way through, if you dont know/havent 'read' in this case, what was said before.

I thought that this was an open forum to express opinions? I guess not..

Sounds to me like you are just getting desperate in the defense of your opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
What kind of crap is that? The whole point of your post is how much better the British SF is to everyone else. At no point do you address the fact that there may be someone as capable. All you do is keep blabbing about how much better your SF guys are.

Oh come on, you tell us about your "time training with them". Thats not very credible from your half. How can we possible really know you actually trained with them?
In my experience 75% of stuff said online are bragging etc. So your words dont mean anything.
Atleast browha gives you were he read it and a possibility for you to buy/read the source.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh come on, you tell us about your "time training with them". Thats not very credible from your half. How can we possible really know you actually trained with them?
In my experience 75% of stuff said online are bragging etc. So your words dont mean anything.
Atleast browha gives you were he read it and a possibility for you to buy/read the source.

I never said that I spent time training with them, not quite sure where that even came from. What I had said is that I had worked with them in the past. There are numerous sources where you can find good info and I had mentioned those earlier.

In case you missed it I recommend the Orr Kelly 3 volume series on the SEALs, good stuff there.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I was always Pro SAS in this debate, but my stance changed from being able to compare Special Forces to not being able to compare them.

Because you became an ignoramus, right?

The phrase, 'stop picking up fag ends' means to stop entering a conversation mid-way through, if you dont know/havent 'read' in this case, what was said before.

I thought that this was an open forum to express opinions? I guess not..

Sounds to me like you are just getting desperate in the defense of your opinion.

Your opinion was on a debate that had already been settled.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Your opinion was on a debate that had already been settled.

And the result of that was something that you did not agree with or you would not have started this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The debate had been settled by my agreeing with 'It is impossible to compare US SF to UK SF because their emphasis are on different things'.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok, i will try to find those books, if you promise me you read these
Andy Mcnab - How to pass the SAS training manual
great info on how though the selection is, before i read this book i was pro-seals, but that book changed my mind totally.

Kevin Connor - The Ghost Force; The Secret History Of The SAS
The complete history of the SAS

and maybe mike curtis's Close Quarter Combat. It gives detailed info on how the SAS beats the Deltas on many occasions.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I quoted Mike Curtis earlier on in this thread....
Like I said earlier, I have ordered Orr Kelly's books and I look forward to reading them, I just hope you oblidge us the same way by reading the books we recommend, otherwise this argument is pointless. I am spending time reading/investigating sources you suggest, you should do the same for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The debate had been settled by my agreeing with 'It is impossible to compare US SF to UK SF because their emphasis are on different things'.

Then why did you start this thread in the first place? You keep dodging that question, are you going to be a politician when you grow up?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
great info on how though the selection is, before i read this book i was pro-seals, but that book changed my mind totally.

and maybe mike curtis's Close Quarter Combat. It gives detailed info on how the SAS beats the Deltas on many occasions.

I read all those already. Did you read the making of class 234? Or did you happen to see the show that Discovery did on BUD/S?

Or did you happen to read "inside the delta force," by Eric Haney? That is one of my all time favorite books ever.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've told you a hundred times, please learn to read properly!

I had an opinion, at first, that the SAS/SBS were superior to US Special Forces.
After debating, especially with John Bull 1 and Zedd, I came to the conclusion that it was impossible to compare!!

Read the thread! It's all there! I think this is fair for me to accuse you, as you did to me earlier, of 'shooting from your mouth without doing your research first'.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

I read all those already. Did you read the making of class 234? Or did you happen to see the show that Discovery did on BUD/S?

Or did you happen to read "inside the delta force," by Eric Haney? That is one of my all time favorite books ever.

God I hope you arent basing all your information off a couple books you've read! I'm basing mine off what I've discussed with people, and information from a large number of books..

I havent read the ones that you suggested, but as I have said I have ordered Orr Kelly's book, and I will order the Inside Delta Force book now that it has been recommended!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Read the thread! It's all there! I think this is fair for me to accuse you, as you did to me earlier, of 'shooting from your mouth without doing your research first'.

I did read the thread, and still do, and the whole point of this thread is that you think that the British SF are the best. However you claim that this point was argued and you yourself said that it was impossible to compare. How the heck can you then go and start this thread?

You are not making any sense and continue to contradict yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yeah i bought that book a while ago and it didnt give me the chills in the spine as the SAS books have given me.

And sorry if i doubt you, but if you have read the andy mcnabs book "how to pass etc", howcome you didnt recall the quote from beckwith? its the first thing that comes to my mind when comparing SAS and delta?

And if you have read the Ghost Force book, you know the campaign SAS used "hearts and minds" that the american version of it was "grab em by the balls and hearts and minds will follow"
didnt work it vietnam did it?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
God I hope you arent basing all your information off a couple books you've read! I'm basing mine off what I've discussed with people, and information from a large number of books..

I havent read the ones that you suggested, but as I have said I have ordered Orr Kelly's book, and I will order the Inside Delta Force book now that it has been recommended!

Once again I would like to point out that I base my own opinion on having read quite a few books, just like you, and my own personnal experiences working with them.

You on the other hand base them on people who have made claims, and have already admitted the you have had no personnal experience with American SF. I have worked with our guys and I have seen your guys in action. That is what I base my opinion on.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah i bought that book a while ago and it didnt give me the chills in the spine as the SAS books have given me.

Sorry that you did not get as much out of it as I did.

And sorry if i doubt you, but if you have read the andy mcnabs book "how to pass etc", howcome you didnt recall the quote from beckwith? its the first thing that comes to my mind when comparing SAS and delta?

Because I blew it off as typical McNabb BS. If you had read Charlie's book you would know that he would never say anything like that. It would have come out in Haney's book.

And if you have read the Ghost Force book, you know the campaign SAS used "hearts and minds" that the american version of it was "grab em by the balls and hearts and minds will follow"

And the Hearts and Minds thing went well in the Falklands?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I did read the thread, and still do, and the whole point of this thread is that you think that the British SF are the best. However you claim that this point was argued and you yourself said that it was impossible to compare. How the heck can you then go and start this thread?

You are not making any sense and continue to contradict yourself.

You arent too bright are you?

Here is what happened, Chronologically:

1) I started this thread, claiming British SF are the best.
2) I had a bit of debate with some people who said American SF are the best.
3) John Bull 1 said it was unfair to make the comparison because of their emphasis.
4) My opinion changed and I agreed with him, thus killing the thread.

If you still dont understand then you seriously need to go back to school, this is really basic.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry that you did not get as much out of it as I did.

Because I blew it off as typical McNabb BS. If you had read Charlie's book you would know that he would never say anything like that. It would have come out in Haney's book.

We won the Falklands, didnt we?.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
4) My opinion changed and I agreed with him, thus killing the thread.

If you still dont understand then you seriously need to go back to school, this is really basic.

If this were the case then you would not waste time and effort to prove your point. Instead you keep on forcing me to point out what a biased idiot you are.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

And your guys got their times mixed in grenada was it?

Ok this is getting stupid.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by TheSwordMaster]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join