It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROUD to be Canadian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The opening title...stands for itself.

I am CANADIAN

I am proud for my country!

I am 'proud' to be a part of the social-medical system, that we have in existance.

I am proud to be a part of the 'peace-keeping' system that is in effect.

I am proud that a member of my country 'risked life and limb' to help our cousins down south, get out of a country that was posing harm to them.(1970's)

I'm proud that we produced the 'CanadARM' for space travel.

I'm PROUD for many things in my country.

We CANADIANS, are at the 49th parallel (border) from the AMERICANS.

Laura Secord, Canadian woman, warned the British(Canadian) troops, about the American invasion into CANADA.

The Battle of 'Stoney Creek' Hamilton Ontario, was the deciding factor.

A little over 3,500 British (soon to be Canadian troops), STOPPED the AMERICAN troops of close to 10, 000.

I'm proud that these 10,000 personnel didn't infiltrate us.

To be free....I wouldn't change it for the world.

I speak 'the way I do', I have an accent, (God love a duck...it's part of my heritage).

I pay 'heavy taxes'. I'd rather that my monies go for the good of all in healthcare. God Bless Tommy Douglas! (look up his name)

~Ducky~

[edit on 12-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I am not a Canadian. I am an American but....

I live in Canada and have done so since 1979. I love the United States but I also love my adopted country, Canada. I have live half of my life in the "Great White North" . My wife and kids are Canadian and I am firmly rooted in this great country.

Canada is a country that "cares" about it's people. It has a wonderful health care system in spite of everything Americans might believe. Sure, there are drawbacks and problems but, nevertheless, I can receive excellent medical care whether I have a serious illness or even a common cold without worrying about going bankrupt.

Canada is a country with a parliamentary system which means I don't have to endure a government that is out of touch with the needs and will of the people. We don't have to wait four years for an election....if the people lose confidence in their government, a new government can be elected.

Canada is a country of proud people with an independent spirit and individual mindsets. It's a country with clean, safe cosmopolitan cities like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver yet it is also a country with vast, untouched wilderness.

Canada is a bountiful country with resources that have yet to be tapped: timber, oil, gas and minerals. And Canada is a huge, young country filled with resourceful, well educated people who "give a damn" about each other and the rest of the world.

Yes, I do love America and what it stands for. The "American Dream" is truly a wonderful one but it is one that seems to be fading. I hope and pray that the "dream" will once again be shared by all of her people. In the meantime, I am happy to live in a country as wonderful as Canada.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'll say it loud and say it proud, I AM CANADIAN !!!
I love Canada simply because it opened my eyes to new things, i am privileged to have lived in Canada... i consider Canada my country. the diversity of cultures is amazing and i wouldn't want it to be changed for anything! i love the seasons, i love the wild life, i love it all!
but i would be delusional if i said its perfect and without flaws like Benevolent tyrant said, but i still love it!
GO CANADA!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ah, Ducky Duck you know I'm all over this like white on rice.
Iam a hoser through and through....though I speak very little poutine.
And Iam proud of the country in which I live.

JOE- I salute you...

Canadian Conspiracy

This is just for the hell of it...LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh Canada, my home and native land. Gotta love it, know what I'm talking aboot eh? From our multi coloured money, to having a u in the word colour, to the Beer(especially the beer)

Woohoo my first successful video post! Edited because I forgot Hockey, the number 1 sport ever. Thats right, better than Football(both kinds) better than Basketball(also created by a Canadian) and waaaaaaaay better than Baseball(I do like Baseball, but c'mon)

Here's some highlights for ya

Edited again because I didn't see the Canadian Idiot video posted above, my bad.
[edit on 1/13/2008 by Kronik98]

[edit on 1/13/2008 by Kronik98]

top topics

join