It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain a freemason?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Sandalfon

Newsweek june 2 2008 page 23 shows obama wearing a mason ring

Wrong. The poster misunderstands the photo and its context to the June 2 story by Evan Thomas that it accompanies, which is titled: "Memo to Senator Obama." The caption under the photo reads: "In Hand: The president's official seal is set."

** The photo, by Charles Ommanney of Getty Images, is a photo of a man's hands placing the official metal Seal of the President on the familiar navy blue-topped, wood based official podium that travels with the President, and from which he usually speaks. The man, presumably African-American, wears a masonic ring on his right hand, and a heavy metal watch on his left. It looks like this:

www.newsweek.com...

** From photo comparisons, they're obviously not Senator Obama's hands. Obama's hands appear significantly lighter and thinner and with longer fingers. The hands depicted in the photo are dark, thick, and with short, stubby fingers. Obama wears a thinner, smaller watch and only a wedding band. The hands in this photo wear a large, heavy watch.

** The presidential podium(s) and seal(s) are in the care and keeping of the White House office of protocol. It's not likely that either presidential candidate has access to this podium or this seal.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this picture yet? somehow i doubt our anony poster will be so kind as to dig it up.

*Edit* Ohh that picture, yea those dont look like his hands... he has "Chris rock" hands, longer slimmer fingers

Point of note, i have it on good authority that John is a freemason, those who i have talked to say that they were at a masonic "hurricane relief" packing event in ohio with him. he was helping load boxes for shipping to hurricane hit areas

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Secret Master]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secret Master

Point of note, i have it on good authority that John is a freemason, those who i have talked to say that they were at a masonic "hurricane relief" packing event in ohio with him. he was helping load boxes for shipping to hurricane hit areas

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Secret Master]

With respectful deference to word-of-mouth from peers, a public figure's attendance at a Masonic-sponsored event is often a source of misunderstanding -- his attendance at what's basically a humanitarian actitvity (and a "grip and grin" occasion if he's a politician) results in perception that he's actually part of the brotherhood. Reagan was famously made an "Honorary Scottish Rite Mason" in a White House ceremony, but was never initiated as a Master Mason -- though it resulted in years of claims that RWR was a Mason. Bush (1) took oath of office on the Washington Bible (kept by St. John's Lodge in NYC) and Bush (2) sought to do likewise but weather and risk prevented its use. This likewise has fueled speculation that both elder and junior President Bush were Masons, though it's not the case.

A good source of collected research on Famous Non-Masons is:

www.masonicinfo.com...

Apparently interest is so rampant with regard to which candidates are and aren't that they're leading one of their sections with a box that offers details. View that page here:

www.masonicinfo.com...

Finally, to end the "I've heard he isn't" and the "I've heard he is" speculation, I've this morning contacted both Senators' DC offices and also their campaign media-relations team asking for an official comment on Freemasonry question. I'll post the reply(ies) when/if obtained.

This writer is now convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that neither candidate is a Freemason (not that there'd be anything wrong with it if they were) and that the last Free & Accepted Mason to sit in the Oval Office (not counting Clinton, who was a DeMolay, or Reagan who was "honorary" Scottish Rite) was Gerald R. Ford, who left office nearly 32 years ago on January 20, 1977.

PROOFS or citation of research and good sources offering indications to the contrary, not speculation and opinions, are collegially invited.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Dont BS people any more.... You are being exposed everyday more and more. We all know you are for the NWO and that is exactly why we are in a war with Iraq and will be at war with Iran and Syria soon enough. Its all about world dominace and It is all part of satans plan to destroy God's people and Try to win the final war with God.But no man or being can destroy the creator. You will all lose in the end!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalfon
Finally, to end the "I've heard he isn't" and the "I've heard he is" speculation, I've this morning contacted both Senators' DC offices and also their campaign media-relations team asking for an official comment on Freemasonry question. I'll post the reply(ies) when/if obtained.

I am curious as to whether either campaign called you back and formally said no? I have a feeling both campaigns have a vested interest, since having people believe they are masons is actually likely to cause more people to vote for them than against them (anti-masons being in the minority, and the majority of people seeing freemasonry as a good thing). Concurrently they know they can't lie about it, so my assumption would be that both sides would just leave the question open.

Of course, were either campaign to formally say no I'm quite sure the people on ATS who want to believe would simply dismiss it as lying, but I'm still curious.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If Barack Obama is a free mason then he is a big #

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
yes he is I have seen pics of him throwing out masonic grips in his handshakes.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow

So... how do you know they are Masonic?
What is your basis for them being Masonic, exactly?
DO you have any experience with Masons, or done research into the organization?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow

No, you have not. You believe you have seen this, but what you have seen are handshakes that people give each other every day.

There is a reason why masons only give the handshake in the lodge - the difference between it and a normal handshake is so easy to do accidently and so unnoticeable that I would never notice it even though I know about it.

A presidential candidate who is a mason would be a huge thing for the fraternity since its been so long since we have had one. There would be no hiding it.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

one thing that you left out was that no mason may harm another man unless in the protection of others. not just masons. the oblagations are very clear on this

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

I believe if John McCain is a Freemason, then he threw the Presidential race on purpose. This organization is based on honor & justice, contrary to what many may believe. They are responsible for the best burn center hospitals in the world (Shriners are a higher degree Freemason)! Another thing which must not be forgotten is many of the founding fathers of America were Freemasons. Just because we may not have a clear understanding of what exactly is involved in their brotherhood of secrets, does not mean they are evil. Anything can become corrupt if people get extreme on a negative level. It is my opinion, if John McCain is a Freemason, he gave up his chance at the Presidency for the good of his Country.
Sincerely, Tracy

<< 1  2  3   >>

join