It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a master of Kabbalah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
But this is covered up and Christians aren't taught about Kabbalah. 40 days 40 nights and how Jesus spoke and acted in parables. If they were taught Kabbalah they'd feel closer to Jesus and God.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
and where do you get your proof of your claims. I dout that this is true in anyway. Jesus power came from God himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
But this is covered up and Christians aren't taught about Kabbalah. 40 days 40 nights and how Jesus spoke and acted in parables. If they were taught Kabbalah they'd feel closer to Jesus and God.

If we are to believe the New Testament, then Jesus was a number of things, including a sorcerer and a necromancer. For the most part, people appreciated his efforts in casting out demons and such, although it was his ill-advised raising of Lazarus from the dead that got him in so much trouble before he went to Jerusalem. Even his normally supportive crowd of followers were very bothered to see Lazarus up and walking (and smelling horrible) after being dead for three days. After driving a mute demon out of some dude, which enabled him to speak again, a lot of people accused Jesus of working with Beelezub. And Jesus gives a kind of round-about answer to the accusation, never quite denying it.

A lot of "guitar church" Christians really aren't aware of just how much mysticism and strange magic monkey business is involved in the Bible. With a lot of it being super creepy and weird. Christians are often told to "be more like Jesus," but there are few who want to learn the arcane sorcery and necromancy skills that are such a huge part of Jesus's activities in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
and where do you get your proof of your claims. I dout that this is true in anyway. Jesus power came from God himself.

Not accurate.

His power comes from the people that follow him, nowhere else.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
are there any books of ancient days?

What's this Kabbalah?

How's the water?

What defines the teachings of Kabbalah?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Kabbalah is Jewish Mystism. Abraham used this as well. He told he sons according to Josephus not to practice it. I have been reading and trying to understand some of it myself using the Zohar. It might be that when Jesus was studing in the temples he did have access to this work. But that is my guess only.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by zman]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
it's also interesting to note that jesus went absent for some decades.
there are differing opinions as to where he vanished to.

was he studying "mysteries"??

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

Unlike the Jewish people who "are" taught about the Kabbalah and hence "feel closer to Jesus and God"...?

I grew among Christians; I am one myself. And some of the greatest hearts and purest minds I've ever met - true beacons of light to the world, even being unknown - were Christians who knew nothing about the Kabbalah.

I don't know whether I can ever be half as "good" as they were, but I do know better than to go around tossing accusations and generalised statements about an entire civilisation, an entire culture.

And BTW... I happen to be rather well acquainted with the Qabbalah (I might as well say it, since I don't see myself coming back very often in the future).

And yes, I agree that Christ was very likely acquainted with the "mechanics" of what we now call the Qabbalah.

It's great - in the hands of a great heart and mind.
In the hands of petty ignorants it's worthless.

That's one of its merits.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

There is no missing time out of the life of the one known as Jesus.

It is all registered in the "Urantia" book. If you really want to know where he was check it out.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Although I am a fan of the kabbalah. There is really no proof that what is known today as kabbalah existed at the time of or before Christ.

Although it is generally accepted as existing before then, that does not make it true....

However, if you are saying that Jesus was a practitioner of Jewish Mysticism. The fact the he could read at all, suggests that it is possible.

But again, there isn't any evidence to back up that claim.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well you don't see the evidence, but I do.

Originally posted by Vanitas

I grew among Christians; I am one myself. And some of the greatest hearts and purest minds I've ever met - true beacons of light to the world, even being unknown

That's ridiculous I never implyed that there aren't good Christians.

And you claim to know better then to go around tossing accusations....

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well, if you would read the account of Lazarus, you would find that Lazarus was raised from the dead, not to mean raised in a "corrupted" rotten, stinky, decaying body. He was restored back to life, the existence he had before the death.

Just like these who came forth from their graves at the death of Jesus upon the cross:

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. (Mathhew 27:50-53)

No telling how many years these had been in the grave, decomposed down to the bone perhaps, and they came out fully intact as they were before death.

As for Jesus and the Kabbalah and His use of it, scripture is silent on that issue. One can only make assumptions regarding that thought, but no more. I think if the Kabbalah was of such significance and could aid in some important way to the believer, then it would surely be indicated in within the scriptures, but it is not.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Again my point that Jesus got his power from God. no one else or person. No where does the bible say that he use what you say. Nor does it say that abraham use it either.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There's more then one way something can say something.

The bible doesn't say Jesus ever took a crap, so he obviously didn't ever poo either.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Shawn B. Are you aquainted with Kabbalah? You stated that if "christians were taught Kabbalah they'd feel closer to Jesus and God" What makes you state such a claim? Yahshua is closer than your clothes
I'm not saying there isn't any truth in the Kabbalah studies, but I also know that the enemy can take/steal one truth and turn it into one hundred lies, no kind of mysticism, be it Jewish or Hindu is going to get you closer to The one true God Yahweh, but I know a way....interested??

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sure Jesus was kabbalist.
Even more so was Paul.

I remember telling folks (Christians) this years back and people didnt seem to want to be able to grasp this concept. Kabbalah to them was seen as evil because they were told so by their milieu.

Funny thing is after studying kabbalah for some time, it was just down right evident that this was the case. Well, you would have to know the Bible as well, to know this.

But Pauls talk of the Body of Christ, being here on earth and in heaven at the same time, etc, etc. are very basic kabbalistic teachings.

As one person pointed out, how do you define kabbalah.
If its a narrow interpretation than Im sure know one will agree.

Another thing, I realized that the charismatics were for sure stealing from the kabbalah, as it were. Funny thing is the people that go to the church dont get where the weird teachings come from. Makes me wonder if the leaders use this as a tool over them to get them to follow blindly. For as close as it is to kabbalah, they are missing key concepts.

Again, these observations can only be seen with an open mind and that of one seeking with all their heart as well as having been deep in the waters of Christianity.

Ive said it many times before, but I was a zealot of the zealots and could put any of the die hard evangelicals on this board to shame. Those same ones who I ignore here as I know they wont have an ear to listen because in their current state they only want to hear what they know is right.

Regardless, dont get stuck with the labels though. That is dont worry about if it is or isnt the same - just seek with you heart and see how all the info fits together for you.

Trying to convince anyone of anything wont work - unless people are ready to drop one ego identity for the other. I dont expect this last sentence to really be that clear, but those who understand will.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Again my point that Jesus got his power from God. no one else or person. No where does the bible say that he use what you say. Nor does it say that abraham use it either.

Actually people are getting caught up with terms.
Kabbalah is about the concept or idea of what is happening.
Forget what it was called. It had a different name throughout history.

But as far as its content, yes they are connected to Paul and Jesus most definitley.
Go study it for awhile, as well as the N.T. and O.T. and see for yourself.

Here is a hint. The O.T. had the "school of the prophets" back with Elisha/Elijah.

It was a school which implies prophecy was something to be learned, not some mysterious hiveee givee given my an invisible God in heaven.

So the O.P. is right on when they say Jesus and Paul learned Kabbalah.
All those Christians who think that people were zapped from God with special gifts forget that the O.T. clearly stated there was a school for prophesy, etc.

This goes even deeper...how deep do you want to go?

Its all up to how much you want to find...for those who seek, they will find.
But you got to be ready to be challenged to your old belief systems and let those walls crumble. Even more so allow them not to be rebuilt. This is death of the ego...and its not easy task. Especially for a mind that is wired to keep going in one direction.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposeyI think if the Kabbalah was of such significance and could aid in some important way to the believer, then it would surely be indicated in within the scriptures, but it is not.

School of prophets, read my above post. Im sure your familiar with this as its in the Bible. (O.T. check out Elisha/Elijah stories and see that mysticism was a school.)

Take the Bible and jump all the way in and see where you come out.

Its definitely going to be a different place then when you begin.
But after all thats the whole concept with baptism, to come out different.

What good is it if we go in and dont bother to come out the other side?
Or even worse, never go all the way in and claim we have seen it all?
There is a world below teaming with life and a world unto itself on the otherside.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Qabbalah was inherited from a fallen angel. So this leaves no possibility for him to have any need/interest in a pity religion or mystery school such as Qabbalah!

Your average cultist-elite-mason maybe, but Jesus! Pssshhhh no!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Faith is the key to God. God is love. And gave his son power to do all things in heaven for so says the bible. No where does the bible say that he learned these things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join