It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immodest Jesus statue riles Christians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That is absolutely sickening. This person obviously did it to cause some controversy.

May God forgive him.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Yeah, you got it, the "art" is in the controversy.

But, I don't think the artist prays to the same god he sculpted.

Well, okay, judging by the body of his work, maybe a part of it...

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23

Immodest Jesus statue riles Christians

www.upi.com

GATESHEAD, England, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- A statue of Jesus with an erect penis on display in England is drawing fire from outraged Christian critics.
"It's the Lord Jesus Christ being humiliated, ridiculed and vilified," declared Stephen Green, national director of Christian Voice.
Green told the Sun he not only demanded the gallery take the statue down but also destroy it for good measure.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Isn't jesus a man?

Don't men get erections sometimes?

Whats the big deal?

I think the statue is just trying to say, we are all only human "even jesus was just human", a great one at that, but human non the less.

And I'm sure that in RL, Jesus had his fair share of Wood, just like the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Jesus was a man, baby! He got erections he defecated he ate he had boogers all that stuff. Men dont even have to be aroused to get erections, it happens naturaly several times a day with or without arousal so Jesus had them. As for those of you whose best response is you would be mad if it was a depiction of you I can only say that it would maybe irritate me if it was tiny and flacid. Im probably going to get hit by lightning or my house burn down but with all the realy bad stuff going on in the world who really cares. The fact its in the news at all and were sitting here argueing about it makes me wonder whats going on thats actually news worthy were missing. DEFLECTION-mission accomplished. Hes got wood, please, get over it.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why do so many people love to hate Jesus?

They really do seem to go way out of their way, don't they?

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

"It's the Lord Jesus Christ being humiliated, ridiculed and vilified,"

I didn't know that imaginary friends could be humiliated, ridiculed or vilified. The very fact such a statue exists amuses me greatly.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Funny that you should mention showing "respect" in art, because if I do remember correctly, when you joined the site, your avatar was that of the caricature of Muhammad with a bomb on his head. So what happened? It's ok to disrespect other faiths in artwork, but when it comes to your own, all hell breaks loose?

I just keep reading on and on, and the Christians who are despising this statue is turning their anger towards Muslims. Once again I will ask, where does it say in the Bible, "If ye be attacked, attack another"?

Needless to say, there have been thousands statues and paintings that have been made depicting Abrahmic Prophets.

How is this statue any different than the statue of David?

Is the problem here than Jesus has an erection, and the statue of David doesn't?

[edit on 13-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Give me a BREAK! All you fundamentalists do is censor! Its art, thats all! There is art that depicts rape and murder and you say nothing to it. I think its more blasphemous that you people worship statues of his "normal" look. Doesn't it say you shouldn't worship idols?

And Jesus was a person, are you saying he never woke up with a morning wood? Jesus probably had thousands of boners in his life, this just more properly records moments of the man's life.

Sorry about that last part, couldn't help myself.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Excellent point!

He also had the "Shiite pet" for a while, too, remember?

As he's so fond of saying, pffft!

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Is the problem here than Jesus has an erection, and the statue of David doesn't?

Nah, the problem is the Jesus statue has a huge erection that can't be covered easily with just a fig leaf!

[edit on 14-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"It's the Lord Jesus Christ being humiliated, ridiculed and vilified,"

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but good o'l Yeshua had the same thing happen to Him when He was walking around on the face of the earth too.
As Christians, we shouldn't worry about this kinda stuff, He said it would happen and to love and forgive.

What I see as really strange and a health hazard (which is why I think it should be destroyed) is the fact that it seems to say in the article that the artist smears his own blood ans semen on his art. That's gross.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Give me a BREAK! All you fundamentalists do is censor! Its art, thats all! There is art that depicts rape and murder and you say nothing to it. I think its more blasphemous that you people worship statues of his "normal" look. Doesn't it say you shouldn't worship idols?

And Jesus was a person, are you saying he never woke up with a morning wood? Jesus probably had thousands of boners in his life, this just more properly records moments of the man's life.

Sorry about that last part, couldn't help myself.

Well yes the Bible does say for us (Jews and Christians) not to worship idols. The Catholics on the other hand do worship idols and are mistaken for Christians. To clarify, a Christian is someone who depends on Christ alone for salvation and tries to emulate his characteristics.
Catholics rely on multiple deities for salvation and (from my own personal observations) don't really care about emulating Christ. The MSM illustrates Christians as being Catholics when they are not alike at all. Don't believe everything the brainwashing machine tells ya

And yes I am sure the Yeshua had plenty of boners in His life, He was human and having a boner is not a sin. Clearly though the statue was meant to degrade Him though.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

It don't matter, (my) moral value is important. And I do have money.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You people are so full of it!

Page 10 and you're still spouting the same BS

"OMGZ THE CRAZY CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS all they want to do is CENSOR"

No... in fact, if you look at the first few pages plenty of Christians gave their input.

We think the statue is ridiculous. It's obvious shock-art, it hasn't stirred up any real controversy...

get over yourselves.

I can't help but laugh at all this progressive wannabe edgy BS. Stop kidding yourselves. Christians are not up in arms over this statue and you're not special or mature for coming up with bogus statements like

"Hey guys, Jesus was a man I bet he had morning wood. This art makes sense."

That's not progressive, that's retarded.

This statue is retarded, and all the people trying to protect it with their BS progressive wannabeism are retarded as well
GET OVER YOURSELVES.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
I couldn't care less if someone made a statue of me with a boner, or anyone else with a boner. I mean come on guys... It's just a statue.

Try to get this through your heads, people.

Nobody wants to see a statue with a boner. Whether it's Jesus, or anyone else.

This

statue

is

retarded.

And so are all the people trying to explain it away as art.

"It's just a boner, so what?"

Exactly. So what. Why would we want to see a boner on Jesus or anyone else? It's shock-art.

And shock art is tasteless, substanceless BS.

Carry on with your progressive trip... all I see is a thread full of people defending penis statues.... which is retarded

Seriously. Stop being retards.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
We need much more art like this to keep the idiot christians busy whining and complaining in forums like this one and out of our laws and away from our children.

That's $@&%ing stupid...

I think I understand why all you people are defending this statue.

You hate Christians and you want to piss Christians off.

It's not even that you think the statue is real art, you're just $#&%ing prejudice towards Christians

That's pathetic.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is amazing. Someone has yet to answer my questions.

I haven't heard a reasonable excuse as to why it's offensive, whether it should be banned, what the difference is between this piece and Michelangelo's Creation of Adam or why this is offensive but the constant image of Jesus being a pale white man is not.....

People are talking loud but they ain't sayin' nothin'.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I think I understand why all you people are defending this statue.

You hate Christians and you want to piss Christians off.

It's not even that you think the statue is real art, you're just $#&%ing prejudice towards Christians

That's pathetic.

Nope.

Whats pathetic is people getting upset about a piece of stone.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

:bnghd:

:bnghd:

Dodging, ducking, evading and running from the issue!

People can be as upset as they want but unless they can articulate a response to any of my posts, they're just whining. Like a child who doesn't want to eat their liver and onions.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

It MAY be offensive - a persons perception is their reality, so some people are bound to find it offensive.

Personally, I find it tasteless, but it does not offend me.

Anytime anything like this surfaces, there will be people who say that it is offensive to their religion - best thing to do is ignore it if you feel that strongly, it'll soon go away, and if jesus and god are watching (or exist) they're probably thinking that they may need a word with the guy at some point - so let the deity's it was aimed at sort it out.

In the UK, the artist could be charged with a hate crime - and probably would have been if it had been a statue of a certain eastern religion, the only real issue here is the hypocrisy from the authorities in prosecuting only those cases necessary to appease a tiny percentage of the population.

[edit on 14/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
and if jesus and god are watching (or exist) they're probably thinking that they may need a word with the guy at some point - so let the deity's it was aimed at sort it out.

I think they'd have a bigger issue with the portrayal of a pale white Jesus. And Adam would probably have a bit of a fight with Michelangelo for his itty bitty pork and beany.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join