It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Psychopathic Weapon System Ever Designed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To me the most psychopathic weapon was the mines that were made to look like toys that the Soviets used in Afghanistan in the 70's and 80's.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
To me the most psychopathic weapon was the mines that were made to look like toys that the Soviets used in Afghanistan in the 70's and 80's.

This was an unintentional consequence of cheap to produce “toe popper” AP Mines the color was variable for different environments, the Soviets had a masssive stockpile of green AP Mines for use in Europe and they didn’t bother starting production of a dessert tan version and just “run what they brung”. Cheap plastic in an odd color for the region were a problem for children did they care? Most likely not certainly not enough for them to throw more money at a war that was already becoming too costly. It’s a sad state yes but not a planned attack against children, this had no advantage for them just disadvantages by turning more civies against them in the AO.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
back in the day, the sawtooth bayonet was considered to be monstrous.

I really loathe fire weapons. USA used flamethrowers in WWII to dig out embedded Japanese.

and the USA deployed napalm. I believe it was used in WWII (Dresden) as well as Nam.

I'm disturbed at the thought of lasers blinding pilots/aircew. really nasty.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
back in the day, the sawtooth bayonet was considered to be monstrous.

I really loathe fire weapons. USA used flamethrowers in WWII to dig out embedded Japanese.

and the USA deployed napalm. I believe it was used in WWII (Dresden) as well as Nam.

I'm disturbed at the thought of lasers blinding pilots/aircew. really nasty.

Fire weapons have been used far before then and the Russians like their fire a lot as well. They still employ incendiary rocket launchers I.E. modern “flame throwers” such as the Snmel shoulder fired rocket launcher and GM-94 pump action grenade launcher. That being said napalm has nothing on White Phosporus it will literally keep burning through your body until it runs out of oxygen, nasty stuff and a lot of it was produced right here in Arkansas at the Pine Bliff Arsenal.
edit on 7/1/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I'm referring to the mines that were made to look like dolls and toys.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'm referring to the mines that were made to look like dolls and toys.

There weren’t any mines designed to look like toys and especially not dolls. It’s a bit of myth that has become “fact” over the years if you do some digging you will see that it was a matter of the wrong camouflage color being used in a desert environment, was it unfortunate? Of course but it wasn’t as evil as it’s made out to be.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I don't have to do any digging. I sat through briefings on this in the early 80's. It was called "Soviet Military Intentions" There was a classified version and a non-classified version. The pictures of the mines were shown only in the classified version.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't have to do any digging. I sat through briefings on this in the early 80's. It was called "Soviet Military Intentions" There was a classified version and a non-classified version. The pictures of the mines were shown only in the classified version.

And this briefing did it rule out any possibility of disgruntled soviet troops or the muj planting Soviet PFM-1 AP mines in toys?

All the open accounts I have seen the supposed toy mines were just the PFM-1 there were some mines toys that made there way to Pakistan but they couldn’t determine the party that put the mine in the toys. The Soviets have never been confirmed to have produced mines that were designed to look like toys.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

There’s always the chance that it’s a furtherance of Cold War propaganda much like the Koreans and Chinese claimed we engaged in germ warfare during the Korean War.

Do you know anything about the alleged soviet use of “yellow rain” chemical/biological attacks?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bat bombs from Project Xray seemed particularly nasty to me. While technically it's just another fire weapon, these would be next to impossible to detect and would wreak havoc on a city.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

All the open accounts I have seen the supposed toy mines were just the PFM-1 there were some mines toys that made there way to Pakistan but they couldn’t determine the party that put the mine in the toys. The Soviets have never been confirmed to have produced mines that were designed to look like toys.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

There’s always the chance that it’s a furtherance of Cold War propaganda much like the Koreans and Chinese claimed we engaged in germ warfare during the Korean War.

Do you know anything about the alleged soviet use of “yellow rain” chemical/biological attacks?

I've heard of the "yellow rain" but, I don't know anything about it.

It wasn't the Soviets making the toy mines, it was their Afghan allies. It was a tribal dispute.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I've heard of the "yellow rain" but, I don't know anything about it.

It wasn't the Soviets making the toy mines, it was their Afghan allies. It was a tribal dispute.

Alright I misunderstood when you said the report was about Soviet intentions, my apologies.

Booby trapping of innocuous items has been a fixture of nasty warfare for a long time.

The explosive sniper rounds that were used by both the Soviets and Germans in WW2 on the eastern front (thank god they weren’t turned against the western allies) there have been stories of troops getting hit in the wrist and the explosive took off half the poor sod’s arm.

Vasa- it was an interesting project but became pretty mute when we started the low level fire bombing like that of Dresden and various attacks on imperial Japan.
edit on 7/6/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I said that I found about it at a Soviet Intentions briefing and at that time it was being blamed on the Soviets. Several years later I found out who was actually doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join