It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

revolution anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
are you all getting bored of the constant crap going on everyday. politicians lying about everything, wars popping up left right and centre. blatant disregard for humanity..you get the picture.

opinions please.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by monoton
are you all getting bored of the constant crap going on everyday. politicians lying about everything, wars popping up left right and centre. blatant disregard for humanity..you get the picture.

opinions please.

No revolution for me, thanks. I like my ATM card to work without problems, and to be able to drive down the street without getting shot at. I like being relatively sure there's nobody going to kick my door down tonight and drag me out of bed into a train car. I like the notion that my car isn't going to get flipped over and burned in the street (with me in it).

Not only that, I'm pretty sure that the guys in charge right now want to keep things reasonably cool. They want to keep their jobs, make money, etc. Revolution is like a box of rotten chocolates, you never know what horror you're going to get. It could be a benevolent dictator, who might not have your kind rounded up and gassed, or you could get some nutcase who wants to end the world by launching all the nuclear weapons. It's a crap shoot.

The thing is, somebody's gotta be in charge. Who do you suggest that be? You? Me? (No, thank you. I have enough stress.) And remember, no matter who you think would be a good leader, history has pretty much shown that there will be 50 percent of the population or more who won't think so at all. So unless your dictator is going to crush his opposition in a bloodbath, with any revolution you're going to be buying a Civil War to go along with it.

Good luck with that!

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i was thinking someone along the lines of arnie schwarz, let's be real it couldn't get much worse

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join