It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

area 51 alive and well!!surrounding areas too!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was snooping around on google earth and noticed this strange activity,just west, over the range of the main base.If you look to the lower left of the picture I'm sure I see two tunnel entrances going underground.Only one seems to be visibly open,judging by the vehicles I see on the sandy area,which are probably dumptrucks and earthmovers,I would say a normal sized vehicle could easily drive into that,also noting the faint tire marks leading to them.But what of the activity on the surface.Is that crushed material being brought to the surface?,or is it being brought in from somewhere else.What are they constructing,or covering?does anyone have images of this area that might be older?I have other pictures of heavy activity on the base.Lots of earth moving, I also have one of very large pipes going into or coming out of the ground, but because this activity was not directly on the base I found it interesting and odd.Seems closer to Papoose.Anyways,I hope for some good feedback on this,and if you guys are interested I will post more pics,but I suggest you all snoop around there yourselves because I see lots of ongoing activity on a large scale.

Peace.

there is a link to photobucket below.......

[edit on 121907 by ralph nader]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ralph nader

Sorry guys Im having trouble figuring out how to upload an image to my thread...any hints would be helpful....thanks...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ralph nader

Any mods out there???I need a little friendly ats assistance...thanks...
I cant upload my photo.Or im just an idiot.forty plus views and no one can help me?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
go to www.photobucket.com join, upload your picture, and post the link in a reply. in the mean time it actually would also be helpful to upload the co-ordinates (latitude and longitude)

[edit on 11-1-2008 by TheBluesBrother]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBluesBrother

thank you very much brother...there is hope....i will download all my pics soon.
here they are...37"12'01.23"N 115"55'43.22"W

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBluesBrother

ok...here are some of my findings,If you look around carefully you will find interesting stuff,nowhere near the main base.....but theres lots going on at the base too.

s260.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would be better to just supply the coordinates, For those without google earth,, they can cut and paste the coordinates into
www.acme.com/mapper

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

hey,thanks for the reply.Just click on the photobucket link to see the stuff I thought was interesting and not covered on previous threads.

peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The "baseball field" is technically a softball field. In the 1960s, the Area 51 team was called the "8 Ballers." They played against such teams as the NTS Mototr Pool "Truckers" and Area 12 "Mets." I know several of the players personally.

The apparent fire-retardent foam on the taxiway near Hangar 18 is interesting. I don't know if it was used during a training exercise or a real emergency.

You have several pictures of hilltop electronic sites. These are related to communications, test tracking, and navigation.

You pictures of "extensive earth movement" are images of the gravel pit and concrete batch plant. This is where they get raw materials for new runway and ramp construction at the base.

Your hypothetical "entrance to a hidden underground base" is part of the radar complex west of the base. It has grown over the past several years.

The "tunnel entrances" west of the main base and south of the radar complex are actually features of a landfill. There is another one south of the main base, near the engine test cells. These sites take the place of the burial trenches that were used to burn toxic materials before the lawsuit in the mid 1990s. Although the plaintiffs lost the suit, the Air Force moved the waste burial sites away from the main base.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Thanks for the great reply,I was wondering what about the ridges along the mountain top?They seem strange ,or is that just some anomoly in the picture?I was also wondering about google earth images,How often are these images updated?If these images are more than a year old,I'd like to see updated images,just to see how much progress has been made.
so my observation of a large fire on that tarmac were correct,it looks like a substantial burn area just to be a training exercise.Also what of the large pipes going into the ground?what are those for?

thanks again...

peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Note that the Google Earth terrain isn't exactly on the money. That is, some places on the peak are not shown on the peak. The DEM is not synchronized with the image.

This spot is interesting in that it looked to me to be hidden, i.e. not on the peak.
n37 9 33.16 w115 55 38.97

A bit OT, but digging through some documents, this spot is a video receiver site. There appears to be a earth station there. Note the grubbed site with the dot in the center:
n37 10 32.80 w116 12 27.46

top topics

join