It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell your Virginity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How many of you wish you still had it? Why do I ask?

Have a look:

BBC Link

"Rosie Reid, 18, a social policy first year student from Dulwich, south-east London, wants to avoid graduating with excessive debt."

She auctioned off her virginity.

Is this not prostitution?
The school says its a bad example, is it?
What about the possible medical implications?
Would you do it?

(If this thread belongs somewhere else...please move it)

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
For the situation with the girl, it is not necessarily wrong, if it is something she wanted to do. I suppose she needed the money, so then if she is bold enough to do this, I guess she may as well.

There are no medical implications I could think of, unless the girl was also secretly doing this auction, to ensure that when she meets someone she truly cares about later on, she could enjoy her time with them, since the initial pain would be over with. In that case, medical implications could be inventing operations to leave women ready to have sex, without initial pain.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't do it, no.

I definitely think it is a new form of prostitution. By definition is it not selling sex for money???

I think it is absurd, I think it shows that this woman has no respect for herself.

She should not be permitted to do it and should probably be arrested if she goes through with it for prostitution.

Like the University said, this is a very bad example to be setting and I certainly hope it doesn't happen....btu 8200 pounds is alright...she's not even good looking!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
LOL QFS:

I think the medical concerns are more to do with STDs from having sex from an unknown partner...not the discomfort of having sex for the first time...LOL!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe she has a lot of respect for herself, which is why she thinks she will fetch a good amount of money.

Also, she might respect herself enough to want to pay off her loans so she can continue her education.

Anyone who ever dates someone with the intention of having sex, therefore does not respect themselves, in your opinion. It really is simillar, she is just trying to get money off of it.

Actually, where I live prostitution itself is not illegal, only procuring, forcing people to participating it, or abetting, having a prostitute hang around harassing people for customers. Those two things are illegal.

Oh, I never even thought of STD's, perhaps they would use protection however. Well, discomfort of the first time should be taken into consideration.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
$15,800+ in US currency...hmm, I dunno. I guess in some form you are selling "sex" which ends up being prostitution. I sorta agree with Lukefj, send her ass to jail, as she broke the law. But these days, this is probably just be considered a publicity stunt...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

According to her website, bidding closed at �8,400 on Sunday, with the winner to be contacted by 11 February.

�8,400 !!!!! OMG!

Seems to me like its just another way of selling yourself.
I can see it now "on line virgins"

I think its just another word for prostitution..

sex for money = prostitution

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
How pathetic. There are other ways to make money. I would rather work at Mcdonalds than sell myself.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just an Illusion your avatar would cost a million bucks at least anyway, who could afford it?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

According to her website, bidding closed at �8,400 on Sunday, with the winner to be contacted by 11 February.

�8,400 !!!!! OMG!

Seems to me like its just another way of selling yourself.
I can see it now "on line virgins"

I think its just another word for prostitution..

sex for money = prostitution

Wonder if she the buyer was male of female? I'm guessing male by the term "losing virginity", but it could be a female (as she is a self admitted lesbian). In that case, it could be losing virginity in a "virtual" sense.
Ahhh...heck, I don't know. That is a ton of cash though.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Respect

To put yourself on the auction block to provide sex for money is:
1. Prostitution
2. Show's you have complete disregard for your emotional/physical self
3. Show's you have zero respect for your family.

I can understand not wanting to have a huge student loan as I personally owe approximately $45,000CDN in student loans, but there are better and safer methods...it's called GET A JOB!

As for the pain of having sex for the first time..I don't think it is a medical concern QSF...women have been dealing with that and far worse since the beginning of man.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Just an Illusion your avatar would cost a million bucks at least anyway, who could afford it?

i bet theres some people that could.....
aghh thats not the point!

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Of course it is prostitution....with a gimmick, but still good old prostitution....

Hey, it's her goods....if it's what she wants to do, and nobody gets hurt, and all consent, I don't see the real problem....but it doesn't make it "not" prostitution. It's still sex for money....any way you slice it....

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just because they deal with the pain does not mean that it is fair. Something should be invented to stop that, yet no one cares. In fact, it seems by this auction that males delight in causing pain from the first time, this is sickening to me.

It would be better if something could be done at birth, to safely take care of that situation, in order to prevent any pain from the first time having sex.

Well, I do not agree that it means a person has no respect for themselves or their family, that is just your personal opinion. So, you live in Canada as well, which means prostitution is not a crime where you are either. Only procuring or abetting prostitution. However, if it occured as a mutual act, such as someone offering money to a person with no forcing and a dealing being closed that would be legal.

This auction thing though is illegal, since it would be abetting I believe. Since it is making it a public thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
from the looks of her she's lucky to get la........

er...

nevermind I'm just being cruel.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

er...

HAHAHA!!! It's not cruel, it's brutal honesty

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

er...

haha... so do you think when the guy meets her he'll demand a full refund? And tax too?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to her website, bidding closed at �8,400 ,

Darn... I just had that much too..

Just kidding of course...

PROSTITUTION - no matter how you look at it !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you QSF for proving my point. having sex for money (prostitution) is legal, but soliciting or publicly selling sex (ie. ebay auction) is illegal.

Throw her in jail.

Your entire concept of pain from first time sex is whacko, as is your perception of how males view it. Many women break their hymen during childhood which makes first time sex as painless as it can be.

For those who don't break it during childhood, some pain is experienced, but nothing significant enough to warrant a surgical procedure in most cases. In fact, the surgical procedure would likely be just as painful.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is it starts with 1 girl then turns in to many, then some pimp comes along and starts making money from this,

then before you know it some freaks are then brining in under age girls,...

it just starts out a bad new circle....i think we have enough on the internet as it is!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join