It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FULL ET Discloure is coming...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'll put my personal opinion about this here, as this thread is about speculation.

In my personal opinion there will not be a disclosure.

In my opinion, at one level, 'Disclosure' is the 'promised ending' meme of cultural cohesion. All succesfull cultural traditions have this meme. It's the one in which everything taken on faith eventually becomes evident. This form of disclosure is, by necessity, ALWAYS in the future. And thus can never arrive.

In the more pedestrian form, disclosure would be a time when a ruling elite or powerful central intelligence educated the masses about the existence of an ET presence. I could only imagine this happening if the existence of an entirely foreign entity would not challenge the very fabric of our value systems. What is the chance of that?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i dont think the goverments that are in the "know" will ever admit they withheld information from the public. they will never admit disclosure of anything that happened in the past. i agree that they will say this is new to them so they dont have to admit the coverup.

i believe disclosure will happen eventually because of the emerging space tourism industry. private citizens going into space that are not goverment controlled will have encounters and will be able to disclose their evidence. think about all the encounters that the shuttle missions had and were covered up. i am sure there were some encounters that the public is not allowed to know about. most of the apollo missions had encounters with ufo "s.

www.popularmechanics.com...
Private Space Race Handicap - Virgin Galactic - SpaceX - Bigelow - Blue Origin - UP Aerospace - Popular Mechanics

www.popularmechanics.com...
Private Space Race Handicap - Virgin Galactic - SpaceX - Bigelow - Blue Origin - UP Aerospace - Popular Mechanics

i am also very interested in the google x prize competition. its going to put a rover type robot on the moon that will probably find alien technology or past civilizations. if the goverment doesnt censor the information it should be another reason that disclosure will happen eventually.

www.googlelunarxprize.org...
Welcome | X PRIZE Foundation

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Is it just me or could an antichrist just be someone who disproves the concepts of Christianity ? Meaning that an antichrist doesn't have to be all bad. Also why does everyone assume aliens have evil agendas ? When you take a pet to the vet they are shet scared however they don't know that we are just trying to help them. Its probably the same thing for aliens doing things to us.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Waste of a thread..this has already been discussed countless times..I thought you actually had information about "WHEN" but instead..you say its coming? well sure..the end of the universe is coming. Doesn't mean its imminent.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
In my personal opinion there will not be a disclosure.

In my opinion, at one level, 'Disclosure' is the 'promised ending' meme of cultural cohesion. All succesfull cultural traditions have this meme. It's the one in which everything taken on faith eventually becomes evident. This form of disclosure is, by necessity, ALWAYS in the future. And thus can never arrive.

I think that's a good way to look at it. Say, for instance, that the government actually went ahead and did the "full disclosure" of everyone's fantasies. That is, everybody including Presidents and Prime Ministers went on TV and announced that we are not the only life in the universe, that ET of various kinds have been discovered and even interact with our planet in a limited way. They don't seem to be dangerous, but we don't know everything about them. Pretty cool, huh?

But not long after the initial hoopla, we're going to start asking even more questions. Like, how does the government know they're not dangerous? Have they been in secret contact? For how long? What have they been talking about? Are we being sold down the river? And what do the aliens have to say for themselves? What's their story? Are they part of a larger galactic organization? Can we trust them? And so on, ad infinitum.

There's no simple statement that anyone can say that will not lead to thousands more questions. And anything anyone says automatically makes the more suspicious of us (ATS regulars) immediately start thinking of what isn't being said. "Okay, you told us this much. Now tell us the whole story!"

So you can expect that immediately following Disclosure, there will be a huge call for... that's right... Disclosure!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I agree with Wirral Bagpuss on this.

Disclosure is happening NOW.

Every day I see a news story on new discoveries in our solar system and beyond, today for example -

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Soon they will disclose the find of small simple life forms on Mars, bacteria size life forms... this will be the BIG step and the test of how the people react because of one thing... religion. On the surface its not a huge disclosure but it will be because of the implications on religion, if it goes well then more could come. I think they have tried this before too.

I also believe that soon after the disclosure of simple life forms, they could disclose the UFO existance etc... the stage would be set!

Just my opinion on how disclusre could happen.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't you say there's at least a 50-50 chance there nothing (of an ET nature) to disclose?

Don't you think that 'radio contact', 'nano-probe contact', and other formats would occur before they show up in giant ships or start abducting people?

One might invoke the belief that they first came here decades or centuries ago, and it might be less apparent that a probe landed then.

But if they were here in full physical presence there'd be a variety of ways that we'd be fully aware of them.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

It's a fair question but it has a precise answer according to Biblical doctrine.
1 John 4

1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

This is exactly what the so called reported alien encounters do. They deny that Jesus is from God. They say Jesus is an alien. Moreover the encounters tend to often be less corporal and more metaphysical. In other words they behave like demons rather than physical beings. Thus bases on the evidence I have seen, I believe they will be part of the last days deception.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by Incarnated

Suit yourself but my 'interlect' is mindful of this passage in scripture,

2 Thess 2:

9 This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. 10 He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. 11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.

You can go to the site I provided and find lots of examples of what I'm talking about. Especially interesting is how abduction events have been stopped cold by calling on the name of Jesus.

Great!!! So what part of the word "MAN" confuses you?

As far as I understand the "aliens" are expressed as angels and sometimes devils in the bible, but never a man.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
NOTHING is being disclosed..so they report someone saw a blip of light in the sky..SO WHAT.

NO government is coming out and saying " we have made contact" or "we have recovered ET materials" Anything less is pure BUNK just to placate the maniacs
and keep the paradigm tickin along.

Nothing has changed-yet.

Back to your 9-5

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

NO!

I'd say there's a 100% Chance that what mankind thinks of "ETs" or "Aliens" are all up in this mammajamma...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to post by Creedo

... I do not believe we will ever be told about the past 50 years and the coverups because shaking the foundation of trust from out governments(not like anyone trusts them now anyway)is the last thing they will want at that time. They may somehow try to spin it it a later time but IMO full disclosure will only come from the "aliens" and not our fearless leaders.

I believe that disclosure must ensure some release of secrets from the past 50 years. So many people already believe that the government is hiding ETs, so the government cant say " OK we have contact now, but all those rumors from the past are totally false" No one will fall for that. I think it is all or nothing as far as the time period.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Ah but with Government funded research, one must wonder how far back this whole "ET" UFO "Aliens" Thing Goes. Let us just assume it came to the attention of the Government in the 40s. How many centuries would they look back into historic events? Where do they draw the cutoff lines?

There are well documented MAJOR UFO Sightings from relyable sources well back and back and back into historic documents.

Were any of you all aware of that?

So where does this "full disclousre" begin?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Disclosure cannot and will not come from any official worldly or government body.
The powers that be are only in a position to give little if any clear information regarding other life forms. The "other ones" are too advanced for us.
Today there are millions of people worldwide, aware that purely and simply from the mathematical equation of millions of galaxies, stars and heavenly bodies throughout the universe that there must be multiple life forms, somewhere. Some more, some less intelligent than humans.
It´s time people refrained from being ignorant. In these days of information technology flow and availability how can we continue to carry the assumption that there are no other potential intelligent beings which may have been thriving and developing for millions of years and who are already way beyond our biological, spiritual and technological level.
SCARY MOVIE HUH?

We as a race think we are "intelligent, intellectual, technically, advanced and of course WE KNOW IT ALL. BUT, ARE WE REALLY THE ONLY FORM OF "INTELLIGENCE" IN THE UNIVERSE? LETS BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES!
What IMPRESSION DO WE PROJECT AS A RACE AND SO CALLED CIVILIZATION?
After a couple of thousand years of being civilized WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED of ALLOWING the never ending wars, destruction, killing, consumption, material want, pure greed, hate, rape, stealing, pillage, murder to just continue like " its a long way away from us anyways.. so who cares"...
OOPS? did somebody mention uh..
INTELLIGENT "CIVIL" IZATION?..

So, what about the prospect of "DISCLOSURE", being confronted with a civilization a million years old? or more or less, makes no difference. Think about it carefully and you will, if you are really honest with yourself, accept fully and unconditionally that we, the human race have a long way to go before we will be accepted and thought worthy of being contacted by a higher form of intelligence (with maybe a few exceptions and they get ridiculed, hung, shot, stoned(not on grass), or poisoned or have a nasty accident for opening their mouths and passing the message or telling the truth! And anyway, how will we know if they are for the good or bad of mankind? The leaders of this world are none the wiser.
Given that more intelligent life forms do exist, if they are in the position to observe us, travel to and from distant stars or possibly even move through dimensions unknown and not understood by man or via other means beyond our understanding then I can only imagine that they would be very hesitant and cautious before contacting us and would do all the can to avoid us gaining any means of spreading our hostility, murderous and primitive intentions, like a toxic virulent illness which would just contaminate other life forms and eventually someday spread to the far reaches of the universe.
As we are, now, we stand no chance of "disclosure" from anybody, anywhere until we change our ways.
They, "the other ones", if they are "GOOD of Spirit" will someday Disclose themselves.
DO WE DESERVE DISCLOSURE?
Are we really "CIVILIZED" when it comes to living together, survival, wealth, and well being, knowledge and understanding , sharing.!? SO WHERE IS THE LOVE WE "ALL" DERIVED FROM?
AND WHAT ARE WE DOING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN??
I AM SCARED SILLY to think about my daughters future.
She is just little girl and has a whole life ahead of her and I know I am not alone with that worry!
ITS NOT ALL BAD THOUGH.
We have certainly achieved much without doubt during the past century alone and there are many intending to "MAKE CHANGE" and those who are doing so much good, but too many who just don´t care "cos i´m alright jack keep ya hands off of my stack".. MONEY..(pink floyd)

There are MILLIONS that hop they will soon come, to help us all, transform the World and bring this nightmare to an end and deliver a positive light for future generations.
if not. "see you on the dark side of the moon"...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i was raised catholic went to catholic primary, grade school, college....

in the bible doesn't it say that no one shall know or be able to guess the end days?

it always feels like something 'big' is about to happen. that's life.

in theology i learned a bit about revelations as that they were speaking of rome/civilization at the time.

was a horribly repressive time for these guys - religion is awesome. it is just as awesome as science. but i personally think it's more of a tool for us to use as a collection of humans on this planet rather than waiting for a prophecy to come that isn't gonna happen, or maybe we just want it so bad we create it ourselves.

this was in response to someone posting about how the anti-c plays into this

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

Under most world events full disclosure can not and would not come from a governmental source. However I can percieve several events in which govermental forces would have no other options but to put out a full disclosure to the people.

Full scall world fly bys, of UFOs, like the times around the whitehouse, but all around the world, might be seen as posable causing such public panic that the governments would put out the info.

Maybe the "Aliens" have set out a date in which they will reveal themselves if the Governments had not yet done so, and at that rate the Governments would have to put out some sort of premptive full disclosure.

There are several varancies of posabilities.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

LOL I'm sorry... I just love that shzt...

No, in the bible it doesn't say that "no man knows the day or hour..." of the "endtimes". that passage is dealing with the exact DAY and HOUR of the "second coming" of the Christ in Glory and Power.

The Christ said himself that mankind can judge the season changes by viewing the trees and havest time. Christ said so it would be at the end of the AGE. Jesus state mankind would IN FACT know the "Season" or "end of age" that the "end times" or "harvest" would be in. It is just no one knows the day or hour within that time when the second coming of Christ will be seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
in theology i learned a bit about

revelations

as that they were speaking of rome/civilization at the time.

The name of the Book is Revelation. As in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Oh it is a book of Revelations, but the book is not called that.

Were you about to say you learned something from that book?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
At this particular moment, I feel like if "they" decide that "they" should be disclosed, then it will happen, and we will be informed. I do not believe it is in any human beings hands to disclose "their" existance. Sure, our respective governments may be more than willing to share whatever information they have as early as tomorrow, or even fourty-five years ago, or maybe dead set against it, as seems to be the case, but until "they" decide to be revealed, we'll remain with what little we have. Disclosure will come from the disclosed.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

FULL ET Discloure is coming...

a child, shoved into a closet, will eventually grow big enough to kick down the door.

This is you entire argument for posting a thread called full ET disclosure is coming.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join