It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ship fired warning shots at Iranian craft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The U.S. Navy said Friday that one of its ships fired warning shots at a small Iranian boat in the Strait of Hormuz in December during one of two serious encounters that month.

The USS Whidbey Island fired the warning shots on Dec. 19 in response to a small Iranian boat that was rapidly approaching it, said a U.S. Navy official.

"One small (Iranian) craft was coming toward it, and it stopped after the Whidbey Island fired warning shots," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

HERE IS THE FULL ARTICLE
www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 11-1-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wonder why we have never heard of this? Very interesting. They actually fired warning shots that time. When are we going to war with Iran?

drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-1-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
With this just coming out and what just happened with Iran a week ago I wonder if they are trying to get us prepared for another war? It would not surprise me or a lot of other people I guess. I dont think we should be engaging in another war right now though unless something really serious occurs. But with Bush in office anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This story is all handbags In my opinion. It's good propaganda for governments of both countries. The media love it, they'll ram the story down you throat 24hours a day until you're shouting at the T.V like a nut case.

This story sucks. Can't the Governments of the world GROW UP!.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
None of the videos showed any warning shots being made. Could there possibly be a 3rd propoganda video being made that shows the warning shots, or could the initial video have the shots taken out?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

This was a different incident back in December.

Apparently the "harassments" have been happening regularly.

Only now has it suddenly become conveniently "newsworthy," if you get my drift.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why is it that countries on the edge of war remind me exactly of two school children pushing each other before one swings.

An above poster said it correctly... politicians need to grow up. Both Bush and Ahmedinijad need to stop the school-yard crap and let the REAL men discuss how to solve this in a responsible manor.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
IF this did happen then the U.S. should have destroyed the boats the first time then we would not have had these other 2 or 3 similar incidents. Its just as I suspected; you should weakness the first time then they will keep coming back for more. If the U.S. would have shown strength and force to begin with, we would have had only 1 skirmish and one only.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
CIA and Blackwater are already in IRAN and Syria.

only a matter of time till Army goes in for official War declarations are made.

There many reports of Iran national guards in fire fights with us soldiers in there country.

Like it or NOT is 100% there right to do.

And US is in the wrong! for this.

Once soldiers are moved onto there land and one gets killed it will be blamed on Iran.

russia will join.

China will make its decision US or russia and we are in a messload of trouble.

end of story.

Should of voted RP dont blame me!

Has anyone got the GPS locations of the Ships other then the video. Or some news pages guess on ther elocation.

Was the US in persian terrority.

Wouldnt you expect US to do something if 5 Iran destroyers were parked off of floridas coast.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

I was wondering why there was no warning shots fired across the bow of the Iranian ships if the US navy really was worried about an attack.

It seems something is going on behind the scenes (as usual) that the media is not playing.

I find it interesting that this is just being released now.

Wouldn't it have made sense to have released this while the whole situation was going down?

The USN would have saved a little face if they stated this a few day ago.

Suspicious...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
IF this did happen then the U.S. should have destroyed the boats the first time then we would not have had these other 2 or 3 similar incidents.

There are ample rules of engagement you know.

Would you presume to second-guess the greatest naval force on this blue marble: The United States Navy?

Its just as I suspected; you should weakness the first time then they will keep coming back for more. If the U.S. would have shown strength and force to begin with, we would have had only 1 skirmish and one only.

One only?

Actually, we'd all be playing WWWIII on our XBoxes right now!

No, actually, it would be for real!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Yeah, I know and unfortunately the rules of engagement are being derived by lawyers and politicians instead of the military.

I don't think so. It's only a couple of small worthless little boats and Iran was in the wrong after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yeah, I know and unfortunately the rules of engagement are being derived by lawyers and politicians instead of the military.

Perhaps you could furnish some valid references to support this, um...somewhat redundant assertion?

No, seriously!

Doesn't a "politician" hold the title of "Commander in Chief?"

Should we allow the military to determine when it is we go to war?

Isn't that the province of the people they are sworn to serve and protect, that is, the American public?

The military doesn't/shouldn't get to choose their wars.

It's their duty to follow orders and go and get the job done.

It's our duty as American citizens to see to it that what they're fighting for is fair and just, and more and more we're being left out of the loop in favor of special interests.

Special interests who are only interested in making a profit with the spilled blood of our sons and daughters.

On the backs of the American taxpayer.

I don't think so. It's only a couple of small worthless little boats and Iran was in the wrong after all.

Yeah, "small worthless little boats" backed up by a fearsome barrage of hidden missiles just itching to smoke some "American Imperialist" warmonger assets.

Then, all hell breaks loose...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No, that is the job of the Commander in Chief. However, once in war or in a combat situation the military should determine how to best protect the troops and country and to end the war quickly.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

No, that is the job of the Commander in Chief. However, once in war or in a combat situation the military should determine how to best protect the troops and country and to end the war quickly.

But we're not at war with Iran...yet.

And even at war, the "deciders' make the big decisions, not the grunt on the gun...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

I think if war on Iran starts, then it's probably Russia/China/Iran vs US/Israel/UK so therefore, WW3.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

But we're not at war with Iran...yet.

No, but that area is a combat zone.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Only if the "deciders' of this insanity choose make it so.

It's NOT a combat zone...yet.

While the people who'll pay the dearest can only sit on the sidelines and hope sanity will prevail.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

If China Backs Russia and Iran.Will they still tell us to buy Chinese goods.

How will Walmart stay in bussiness LMAO.

Boycott China goods.

Wait darn 70% of the products in america are china made.

Would you destroy your xbox360 controller its made in china!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Wait darn 70% of the products in america are china made.

Only 70%? I figure it's WAY higher than that!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join