It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this prevent terrorism: DHS Announces New License Security Standards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Full Article: Here.

Source: ABC news.

[...]Because of 9/11 commission recommendations aimed at rooting out potential terrorists, driver's license rules and procedures will be stricter and standardized across all 50 states, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced today[...]

[...]The program, called REAL ID, will require states to ask license applicants for proof of citizenship and residency, instead of the typical date of birth and Social Security number. States will also have to work together to make certain the applicants don't obtain multiple licenses, and they'll need to add security features into the license design in order to help stop counterfeiting.

[...]States that fail to meet those deadlines will put residents in a position where they need an acceptable form of ID, such as a passport, in order to fly or enter federal buildings.[...]

(Bolded by me)

I mean, WTF? Didn't that someone called Mohammed Atta had his magic passport? Utterly stupid excuses are given as following:

Source: ABC news.

With the 19 9/11 hijackers possessing a combined 364 aliases, and with 18 of those 19 hijackers carrying some form of fake identification — including 17 with phony or illegally obtained driver's licenses — Chertoff said U.S. citizens understand the need for such a program and called their wish for more stringent identity protection measures "undeniable."

So, terrorist with a passport can still enter any federal buildings. Then again, who are they protecting? You or themselves? Do most of the "citizens" - as they like to put it - spend most of their time in federal buildings? No? Then who does? The Feds?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by v01i0]

new topics

join