It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

surviving off the grid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hello everyone, sorry if this might have been brought up, if so, please point me in the right direction.

I wanted to ask people here if they have any tips they can dispense for surviving once the time to choose between the RFID or no RFID comes along. To be completely honest, I don't even want the Real ID since they say it'll be very similar. Does anyone know how to disable an RFID chip if I end up having to get the real ID?

or how to survive "off the grid" as you could say? if you don't want to post here then you can u2u me. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i would have thought that an electromagnetic pulse (emp) would be the only way forward, although i would not like to experience this myself as the effects of electromagnetism on the human body is severe...cancers, leukaemia etc..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
From what I read today, the Real ID will not have a microchip in it. It will simply log you in a centralized database as someone who has applied for and received an ID.

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

I would suggest this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some time spent over in the Survival section can provide a wealth of information.

Becker

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

The sources you listed is from Fox news? sorry, I hope you don't take offense if I choose not to believe the propaganda machine that is Fox. In either case, the fact that this ID is meant to have all your information stored (whether on the card itself or on the database it's connected to) is a very scary thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
how would this be able to access a database without being electronic?
if it were magnetic then the device would have to be fairly large.
if it were nuclear then it could be detrimental to the fundamental aim of the device.

i remember that a couple of years ago some dude in the uk was working on a microchip the would be implanted at the base of the cerebral cortex that would allow the ability to interface with a computer just by thought, apparently this proved successfull and nothing else was heard, i think i need to investigate here..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Thanks Becker, I'll take a look at it

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
When I read the title of the thread, a lot came to mind, but I see the op is speaking directly in regards to ID / microchips etc.

What came to mind for me was the idea of giving birth to a child at home and never getting a birth certificate or social security #. Home-schooling the child, raising them to know to never sign up for anything on-line or register for anything. No ID, no Credit Cards, no bank accounts, no internet registrations. Now is that a plausable way to "survive off the grid"??? what do you think?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
sounds good if you live in the middle of nowhere

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

No need to be snippy, it was a simple question. What do I know? Maybe there are ways to hack the system without forfeiting my ID and becoming the govt.'s cattle (which is basically what will happen once you get "chipped")

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by monoton

I live in Rural GA, so I might actually have a shot of living in the middle of nowhere
the only downside being that people who do escape this way will have to be constantly on the move.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
or maybe you could disappear into the third world or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In the great and wonderful movie there was a central theme once the red pill was taken. One had to avoid detection and make it to the keymaker. Of course there was a gauntlet on the way for good action effect, but the way to avoid all that is to be one with the keymakerbe the keymaker. If this makes sense. If you have to ask if you are one, most certainly, you are. If you have to ask what you should be doing, you should have began doing that long ago. Cryptic but accurate. Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Paradigm to the matrix, I get it. I've been aware and asking questions since I was 15. I still haven't found an answer that makes sense so how can I prepare for something I don't understand?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nobody can prepare for what they don't understand. To understand you must know that it is the journey and not the destination. If your journey is perfected, or not you will still arrive. There is only one enemy, and only you can learn what it is and defeat it. You must cast out all forms of fear, to become whole. At the same time you must retain a healthy respect for things like power saws or potentially harmful things. Fearless or without fear does not mean to become stupid or reckless. You just lose the fear. It is the only way. There is no other.

As painful as it is to consider, the evil is inside of you. You decide every single day exactly how you will feel. You make a conscious choice if you will be happy or unhappy for the day every morning when you wake up. You make a choice to allow others to take away your happiness. Every minute of everyday all you have to do is to decide that you will feel happy and it is so. Cast out the fear and decide to be happy the rest of your days. That is how you win. Then you will be the keymaker. When others come, make them the same keys you learn and use.

We all have the same destination. The key to life is making the best journey possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No need to be snippy, it was a simple question.

Um, yeah so I read my reply over and over and I'm just not seeing what came across as "Snippy". Either way, my humble apologies and best wishes, good luck with your thread man. Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
living "off the grid" is not quite what you are looking for. You just need to disappear. It is not impossible but hard for most to imagine. It requires a major adjustment of lifestyle but is ultimately achievable. Find a job for cash. If all the illegal immigrants can do it so can you. Rent a room for cash. Once again very possible. Do away with cell phones and utility bills. Finding a room to rent for cash should fix this too. Get rid of your drivers license and use public transportation or ride a bike or scooter. Forget about your regular doctor or dentist and use the clinic. No mail or P.O.box. Forget your friends that you currently have and make new ones. Pull you children out of school and home school. Make sure they talk to no one. Pay cash for everything. No bank accounts or retirement accounts. Own no property. This is just a start. If you keep your nose clean you can even disappear in the city. It doesn't mean that you have to live in the woods and eat nuts. [However I like that idea myself, it just takes years to acquire that knowledge]

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh to be free!!, to be really free, but can it really be done in a western country?. I don't think so. At some point the state is gonna wonder where you are and what you're at.
My feeling is that one would have study life skills with some hunter/gatherer tribe to become truly independant.

Good luck on your mission

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by feoil
Oh to be free!!, to be really free, but can it really be done in a western country?. I don't think so. At some point the state is gonna wonder where you are and what you're at.
My feeling is that one would have study life skills with some hunter/gatherer tribe to become truly independant.

Good luck on your mission

I still believe it can be done. It just won't be easy. I think I've even figured out a way to fool cameras that try to match your face marks with a database and even a way to fool eye scanning devices... the problem? I won't be able to see well and I'll have trouble breathing. I think I'll opt for either doing what the poster above said about living by cash only (which I do already) or live out in the woods.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

If they aren't actively looking for you the cameras are of no concern. Think for a minute. Are the homeless magically going to disappear? They have been living off the grid for some time. What of the illegal immigrants. There are ways out of the mainstream. When you decide to go underground there is a large learning curve. There are also people out there that can be trusted and have the capabilities to help you. You MUST change your lifestyle. Living a completely primitive lifestyle is not necessary. If you keep your head down and don't stir up a fuss they wont bother with you. If however you start to get there attention there is really no place to hide. Become one of the non-people. They are out there you just don't see them. Learn to recognize them. Strike up a conversation with them you will learn a lot.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join