It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas in Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey everyone. My wife and I just returned from a three week vacation in Copenhagen, Denmark to visit a friend of hers who met an Irishman who was living in Denmark. She moved from the states and married him, now they're living "happily ever after" in the heart of the city. My wife had gone there last year for a week to visit and we went back for three full weeks to get the most out of it.

I didn't see the sun ONCE! It was completely overcast the entire time we were there, not to mention the fact that sunset was around 3.30PM. I was told it was going to be SO COLD but being from Wisconsin (living in Florida), i've had some experience with it. Nothing a jacket can't cure.

I would definitely recommend checking out the city of Copenhagen. Lots of very old buildings, lots of tradition. From the people i met while i was there, Danes don't really celebrate their tradition all that much anymore. It's really there now for the tourists, of which there are many.

I would recommend checking out Tivoli while you are there, especially if you are there over Christmas. We had a very good time and look forward to visiting other parts of Europe just as soon as i have some more vacation time!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I Remember Copenhagen well, I grew up there as a child and it was a wonderfull place to live,

I remeber going to the Danish *Kro* where you get to have traditioal thinks like meat balls and hot dogs,

When i was little the snow fell at about 4/5 feet! lol I remeber having to go out in a cart pulled by my dad,

join