It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I do not get about some Ron Paul supporters.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I want to cite this example of the MSM publicly ridiculing RP and RP showing how much of a bad mutha he really is when he gets to talk.

personally transcripted from Fox news...

Carl Cameron-
Congressman Paul, uh yet another question about electability their way. Do you have any sir? There is always the question as to whether or not you are in fact viable, your differences with the rest of the republicans on this stage has raised questions about whether or not you can actually win the general republican nomination sir.

Ron Paul-
well we've only had two little primaries so far, so its pretty premature to decide which one is going to be the candidate but you know when you think about it if you measured everything I've ever said every vote I ever taken against the constitution, you know I'm a strict constitutionalist, so your suggesting the republicans should write me off because im a strict constitutionalist im the most conservative member here, I have voted, you know, against more spending and waste in government than anyone else. So your suggesting Im not electable and the republicans don't want me because im a strict fiscal conservative? because I believe in civil liberties, why should we not be defending civil liberties and why should we not be talking about foriegn policy that used to be the part of the republican party, mister republican Robert Taft didnt even want us to be in NATO and your saying now that we have to continue to borrow money from china to finance this empire that we can't afford, let me see if ive got this right, we need to borrow ten billion dollars from china, and then we give it to Musharref whose a military dictator who overthrew an elected government and then we go to war and we lose all these lives promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean whats going on here? and your saying that this isnt appealing to republicans where did this come about? I think this is a republican message I defend the platform. We used to say we'll get rid of the department of education It doesnt say that now and we as republicans went and doubled the size of of the department of education so where have we gone? I think we've lost our way. And then the insinuation that I am less republican because of that?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Some great posts on this. I just feel the need to reiterate the points about ‘wasting your vote’, a real bugaboo for me. The only way that you waste your vote is to vote for someone you don’t want to see elected. This ‘evil of the two lessers’ stuff is a dialectic scheme designed to maintain the status quo. So many people approach politics like bandwagon football fans who just want to be on the winning side. This aint sports entertainment, it’s the determination of how you and your progeny will live. Even if your candidate doesn’t get elected this time, more votes gives them more perceived legitimacy for the next election, as well as ‘gravitas’ in the eyes of the media, which will get them more exposure. Ron Paul may not get elected this time around, but his message is getting out there and getting tremendous grass roots support, and he has a son Rand, who is part of the campaign and believes as his father does. There’s always next year, just ask any Cowboy fan.

BTW, a vote for the lesser of the two evils is a vote for evil.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think Ron Paul is the best choice for the USA hands down. However I'm a realist and I do not think he is a lock for the Republican nomination...which is why I'm volunteering for his campaign. Anyone who thinks Dr. Paul is the right choice for America needs to ACT.

No matter who the candidate is, there will always be some uninformed or less educated voters who fail to see the bigger picture. Dr. Paul is a threat to the establishment and is being treated as such.

If you want Ron Paul to win the election, volunteer to help.

RonPaul2008.com

Originally posted by resistor
Some great posts on this. I just feel the need to reiterate the points about ‘wasting your vote’, a real bugaboo for me. The only way that you waste your vote is to vote for someone you don’t want to see elected. This ‘evil of the two lessers’ stuff is a dialectic scheme designed to maintain the status quo.

Applause...a vote for Ron Paul is not at all a waste...that's a narrow minded thought process.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by CyberSEAL]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Actually the only way to "Waste your vote" is to not vote at all - or to vote for someone who's not running, I suppose, since it's the same thing.Elections are decided, after all, by who gets votes and not by who doesn't. Not voting / voting for daffy duck has no impact, while voting for whatever candidate YOU feel fits closest to what you want does give a little boost. Very little perhaps, but every bit counts.

What I don't get about Ron Paul supporters is that they actually want the guy to get airtime. A huge part of his support is because the internet allows a fair amount of selective quotation, editing, and the like. What the Paulistas are being given through the internet is just as fake as what everyone else is getting through the media - perhaps even more so, with the dearth of more "live" material to weigh it against. Put the man in an extended forum for discussion of his ideas, though, and he'll start making Lee Mercer Jr. look like a well-organized and credible candidate by comparison.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join