It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obey your government says God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Originally posted by ben91069
Thats exactly what Christ is supposed to do; become the head or leadership of the entire world as laid out in prophecy. I think the problem is government that does not have Christ as the head.

You're thinking of Christ's Kingdom also referred to as the Millennium, which comes into fruition after Armageddon and the last Rapture of the faithful. He will rule for 1,000 years at the end of which, Satan and his demons will be loosed a final time to again test mankind. That will last for a certain period of time and then Satan and his demons will be destroyed along with anyone who fails this testing period and Eternity will begin.

I am also describing the New Heaven and New Earth to which you fondly refer comes after that time. I do not prescribe to time linearly as to believe in a millennial reign as you understand it. There is a method of symbols used depicting the thousand years and final releasing of Satan (for a short time) to understand that it is a layered prophecy not about the future but what once was, is not now, and is yet to come.

Sorry I cannot be more specific than that, but it is enough for you to understand that I don't take that scripture literally on the foundation that I do not believe or see the purpose of a 1000 year reign nor a testing again, which would be like double jeopardy.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This makes sense. Since the bible is used to control the masses and keep them inline with what the king or government says. To add in the book that god commands the people to obey what the government or king says or does helps establish additional deeper mind control and a "Don't question" mentality of the population (at least the ones that follow the bible)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Early Christians accepted Roman Empire as a state even Roman persecuted them. So many Christians were Roman soldiers and the two most famous are St Demetrius and St George. The main problems were:
1. Pagan sacrifices to gods which Christians refused and that brought them to death as martyrs.
2. They refused to mass kill other people [which were Roman way of life], especially Christians – again which brought them to death as martyrs.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
to be honest if you us scripture you should stick to new testiements its our laws. not old. But the ones you used was new testiement.

I do think we must follow the laws of the gvt. But I think somewhere in the bible it said its better to kill one that will kill many. if the gvt was doing what is not right I think its ok to overthrow the gvt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join