It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born after '64? You'll need REAL ID

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting that this has been in the pshing since 2005, so far 34 states oppose the ID because the people of the individual states do not want it.

34 States Align Against National I.D. Card

"This is almost a frontal assault on the freedoms of America when they require us to carry a national ID to monitor where we are," Guest said in an interview Saturday. "That's going too far."

This tells that the people in this nation are not going down without a fight.

We are a Republic this is not the US of Homeland Security.

archive.newsmax.com...

My state is one of the opposing ones.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ditto on the oppositional state here.

Kind of a bummer though.

I really want to see these new cards firsthand.

I feel my rights are being violated.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Well I feel sorry that we are infringing in your rights to carry the national ID, but I fall under the 1964 death line so I am fighting for my Children and their children that they do not have to live in modernized version of Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
whoa whoa whoa.

Humor here, people.

HUMOR!

I understand you're passionate about your cause, but sheesh! There is more than one side to this whole affair!

I've said it before on other thread on this issue and I'll say it again - just make the cards VOLUNTARY.

Compromise isn't that hard.

Relax. No one is FORCING the States to carry these cards, obviously!

And please, don't get me started on the "Nazi Germany in the United States" issue....

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Compromise isn't that hard.

Until you realize comprise is no longer an option.

And please, don't get me started on the "Nazi Germany in the United States" issue....

Is it? The prewar issued ID cards are what identified the Jews in France, at least, when the Nazis occupied France during WWII. It has been so long but I do remember reading this.

Again, this in itself is not an issue. It is what it leads to. A logical future step is mandatory chipping. The issues that are occurring with the real ID happened before with the social security cards. It started as being optional but now you can barely do anything without it. I hate to be a conspiracy nut but everything happens a little at a time.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, this sounds like a massive case of the childish "I don't wannas" and verbal temper tantrums to me. And in light of the most recent "I'm going to challange you with a test of memorized historial interpretations to test your validity" (man, do those get OLD) I am off in search of those who are capable of being openminded, civil, and playing on a more level playing field.

Grade school tactics bore me, and projection is tiresome.

Laters.

Enjoy your thread. It's all yours now!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Actually I saw that you were joking about and I try to reciprocate back but it backfire I see.

Taking into consideration that I hardly fall into the childish tantrum drama at my age, I have witness the decline of civil rights and privacy rights in our nation.

No, nobody is tampering with the Constitution, but legislations, stupid legislations is getting away with many of the rights that we take for granted today.

Under the banner of for the good of the nation and for you security we are letting our corrupted government do as they wish.

yes I think that 4 decades of living in my nation is enough to see the changes that will affect more my grandchildren that will be born into this modernized oppression that it will do me.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry, I'm writing a letter to my congressmen about my ideas for voluntary card issues to interested parties who don't feel like being subjected to their particular state mandates on the matter.

I don't like being outnumbered and having my personal opinion stifled either, I just don't want to waste anymore time debating a card that may or not be nothing more than a hypotetical test to gague the publics receptivity to the concept, undergo years (and or decades) of working out cracks, hacks and so on an so forth that might serve as a potential springboard for future abuses, etc, so on and so forth...heck it might just be one big psy-op to garner and gauge the current demographics.

It might be another bunch of shysters peddling their wares, who knows?

I'd fancy it if they'll settle on just a nice, neat National ID card without all the fancy bells and whistles and corporate techie interests - instead just opting for the comprehensive and time honored techniques of the Masters with a few extra cool holographic flairs and hidden keyspots that - hopefully! - won't get leaked onto the ATS boards too soon by a well meaning yet somewhat overzealous youthful conspiracy theorist.

But eh, it happens. Kids these days.

Nice meeting you - may your years ahead of you in rest and retirement be as golden as your spirit. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I did not respect you or your position on this issue. I did not mean to offend.

It just kind of hurts when a contrasting opinion gets greeted with such harshness right off the bat. I mean, ignoring me would have been much more effective in long run, but - you know kids these days

Those only children can be the worst sometimes.

Ok - sorry - I'm finished. Just wanted to add some insight so you knew I wasn't a causal smart alecky troublemaker, and sorry we got off on the wrong foot. This whole "computer forum" is very new to me. I could sit here silently all day with my arm raised, waiting to be properly acknowledged, and no one would ever know.

Peace and Prosperity in the New Millenium to you and your loved ones!

I shall trouble you no further.

*over and out*

GE

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
- just make the cards VOLUNTARY.

The states are reeling at the costs already, and you want them to offer two choices?

Also, at some point Voluntary becomes mandatory when you need a REAL ID to move within the US. Maybe not our generation, or the next, but at some point Pressurized Volunteering becomes Everday Mandatory.

Relax. No one is FORCING the States to carry these cards, obviously!

Actually, yes, the Federal Government is trying to strong arm the State Goverments into Real ID.

Of course another option would be to require every American Citizen to get a passport, or to renew their passport. But the Federal government doesn't have the infrastructure available to do this. Thing is, the Citizens would refuse this as well.

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Lighten up I am in my 40s not a granny yet

Actually like Docmorau pointed out the states do not want to be forced into financing this IDs.

That is why Homeland security wants congress intervention into making it a law.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was telling a friend about this the other night. Her response? "Well, they'd better put it in a chip and embed it in my arm or something so it can't be stolen." I couldn't believe she said that. If that's the reaction the majority of people are going to have, then we're totally hosed.

Regardless, I've been telling as many people as I can about this and suggesting they write to their congressmen.

This scares the &^%&* out of me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Wow. That makes me want to throw up. Seriously, not out of disgust, but the sense of queasiness after reading your friends thoughts.

I have a serious inner dilemma.

Honestly, if one has the 'faith' that the chips are in the 'best interests', then they 'are'.

But instead of gaining more of my trust, I am getting more and more scared of our leaders' actions all over the world. Instead of really gaining a perspective of 'humanity' in pace with technological and scientific breakthroughs, it seems like the realization over limited resources in the current model has created a death race instead of forward thinking vision.

Maybe I am wrong but it seems like our current society model is based on a polarity of those "who will do anything to further their own wealth at the expense of others" vs those "who would like individuals to help increase 'wealth' at the expense of themselves". But in reality, at least from my perspective, each person's experience is plotted in gray somewhere along the gradient between the two. It all comes down to which which side you choose to identify with in the long run.

If one is in a position where they can be rest assured that their family's legacy will continue at all odds, material wealth doesn't really matter. The real 'value' lies within the values a family passes down. At some point the polarization of the common man has to stop, and the two 'parties' actualize into one, even if it is only so it is not so gloomy.

I tried to self edit as best as I could, I guess what I am saying is; "If our leaders would stop screwing us over while confusing us with their confusing pomp and rhetoric, a trickle down of kindness would occur as people realize that everyone is human, and crime would lessen as more people clearly see the effect of their acts on each other. Congrats on your success, but stop always trying to rip me off and then pee on me"

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Who cares if you have to get a real ID or not, it's not like your going to have much choice ? all thats ever done about things like these are "talking and skulking, and sitting around wondering who is going to do something about this"

Your not a terrorist are you ? not planning on murdering a politician are you ? so why worry about the ID ?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

Why because is not the government darn business to tag me, brand me and persecute me like a criminal.

After all my business is not their darn business.

They are treating us like criminals even if you are not one and do not plan to do anything criminal against the government.

BTW I have send plenty of E-mail to keep the IDs from our state and we are one of the many states that oppose it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Why because is not the government darn business to tag me, brand me and persecute me like a criminal.

The sad part is, you already were before you were born. Check your birth certificate. Is your name in all caps? Does it have imprinted on it the numbers in red or stating bank draft / certificate? If so, the gov owns you lock stock and barrel plus your children even before they were born. They had already done it to mine and I am over ten years older than you.

Writing your congressman/woman can help but eventually the gov will put it to the states in simple terms, no ID no money any questions? The states will fall in line. What ever CA, NY and FL do the rest will follow. Past history has proven this.

Werther we like it or not it will come to pass. Though it is fighting a loosing battle, it is better to fight and die free than not fight and die a slave.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

YES! How did he know I actually wanted to be tracked everywhere my microchipped ID goes? He must have read my mind.

I would certainly love to have a real id license...Douche bag.

You can fix the RFID chip with a hammer...hehehe.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
does that mean that people born before 1964 will require "fake" id? man, that will make some old underaged drinkers unhappy... it's always for them... never for us...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
You can fix the RFID chip with a hammer...hehehe.

Well you might not be able to be tracked, but given your bank details are also going to be on that chip how do you intend buying anything?

...and forget about going abroad or across borders.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Issuing RFID-enabled ID cards is a double-edged sword. To date, tests have shown that it is easy to 'capture' data from an RFID card, meaning any sensitive personal data is up for grabs. Terrorist or not, who wants anyone siphoning off personal data? Not me.

RFID-drivers' licenses and passports are already hitting the streets. Imagine having your RFID-enabled U.S. passport scanned by terrorists in a foreign airport. Kinda like wearing a sign that says 'shoot me now, Al-Qaeda.'

As for the question about Guantanamo Bay, I'm fairly certain that those prisoners have been tagged. RFID implants are in use in European and U.S. prisons, where they can be useful in locating the movements of gang members.

California has announced plans to implant paroled sex-offenders as a cheaper, more efficient means of tracking their movements.

The U.S. military uses RFID tags to track its supply chain both here in America and overseas.

While there are numerous advantages to having RFID technology, and there's nothing end-of-the-world, mark of the beast about a national ID system, everyone should be concerned about the dangers to personal privacy.

The increase in State security always comes at the expense of personal liberty. The more we utilize RFID, the more secrets we lose. Whether intentionally or not, Pandora's box is now open, and technology will be used to invade our private lives. The Fourth Amendment is under attack and the issue of electronic surveillance will be at the forefront of news stories over the next few years.

We are justified in being concerned.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join