It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born after '64? You'll need REAL ID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I suppose this is no longer a myth or rumor any longer.
After much speculation,drum roll please..........Here it is the "Real ID"

I can only immagine that this is only the beginnings of change that is to come in our country.And here I always thought we were heading towards 2008 and beyond,not backwards to 1984!For what is worth,I will not be getting one of these.

Tighter driver's license rules coming out

(CNN)-WASHINGTON (AP) -- Americans born after Dec. 1, 1964, will have to get more secure driver's licenses in the next six years under ambitious post-9/11 security rules to be unveiled Friday by federal officials.
The Homeland Security Department has spent years crafting the final regulations for the REAL ID Act, a law designed to make it harder for terrorists, illegal immigrants and con artists to get government-issued identification. The effort once envisioned to take effect in 2008 has been pushed back in the hopes of winning over skeptical state officials.

www.cnn.com...

Full story here
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this means, really.. So I have nothing useful to add.

But many people have seen it coming. Flagged.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This doesnt bother me at all.

For one, I have numerous IDs already (drivers license, military ID, military issued passport and regular passport, etc etc)...Have already received security background checks, and so on.

Two, as a former private investigator, I have seen way too many cases of stolen identitity, faux IDs, etc. And the horrible effects it has on someone. I have run thousands of background checks on people - and the amount of stolen/faked social security numbers I found was quite alarming. I was making calls to the SSN many times every day.

It is way to easy to get fake IDs and fake or stolen SS cards....and even fake passports. This is a much bigger concern to me.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I'd rather accept responsibility for the security of my own identity. Thanks but no thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They say that it is for those born after 1964 because if you were born before 1964 you are less likely to be a terrorist.

Wasn't Osama Bin Laden born in 1957?!??!??

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
IF anyone bothered to actually READ the legislation, you would see that those born before '64 will also be required to get Real ID. They just get a few more years grace period, but eventually everyone will need Real ID to get on a plane etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I think Mr. Chertoff has a better sense of humor than I thought, from OP news source:

"The last thing I want to do is punish citizens of a state who would love to have a REAL ID license but can't get one," Chertoff said. "But in the end, the rule is the rule as passed by Congress."

YES! How did he know I actually wanted to be tracked everywhere my microchipped ID goes? He must have read my mind.

I would certainly love to have a real id license...Douche bag.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everything happens a little at a time. This is called conditioning. It might initially be limited to those born after 1964 but eventually it will be everyone. The U.S. is one of the last countries to be implementing this form of ID. It shouldn't be a surprise. And of course, I think this is just another step in the staircase for conditioning us to eventually accept the international ID or chip implant that will turn out to be the mark. You may think this sounds ludicrous but is it? We are most definitely being conditioned a little at a time and the technology already exists.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman
They say that it is for those born after 1964 because if you were born before 1964 you are less likely to be a terrorist.

....or maybe more likely to have opposing views.

Originally posted by AshleyD
The U.S. is one of the last countries to be implementing this form of ID.

Are you sure of that?

On a sidenote but reffering to the RFID debate, I was wondering if the detainees at Guantanamo might have had chips placed into them unbeknownst to them as a human experiment.....any takers on the theory?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Are you sure of that?

No.

I might be getting this mixed up with the national ID card, in which the U.S. is definitely a later comer when compared to other nations that have been implementing such a thing for decades. Honestly though, I haven't explored either the Real ID or national ID card in great detail.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I was wondering if the detainees at Guantanamo might have had chips placed into them unbeknownst to them as a human experiment.....any takers on the theory?

I think it is possible. These chips have gone from the size of a grain of rice and are now closer to the size of a piece of glitter. Who can say they are not being injected unknown to us with other medicine? Some (not necessarily myself) believe the forced vaccinations that are coming out with children are placing chips in them. That borders on conspiracy so I really don't know.

I have read, however, that many prisoners, those in military service, and even the British royal family have them in place. I know many pets have them, too. Time will tell as to how far this goes. From optional to mandatory seems to be a given.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What doesn't make sense to me, is why that specific Date?

Someone born on Nov. 30, 1964 would not be required....

Its is almost like The Overlords have some numerological intel that next "Messiah" is born after Dec. 1, 1964, and they must track their movements.

The whole thing is asinine. Any person that accepts Real ID is sentencing their children and grandchildren to certain Capitalist Fascism. At some point, someone will develop a proprietary encryption tech with help from the NSA, and the Real ID will become a homing beacon for user specific marketing. Can you imagine being hounded about specific products that marketers are 'sure' that you need based on their social-network databases? In Synthesized Voice, "Hello, We will stop showing you this ad as soon as you buy this item, and we can sense that you have the products rfid tag in your possession."

I can imagine going very insane if plasmascreen billboards keep showing me the same ads over and over, in any way like the 'internet cookie based ad model'....
Wow, And if you decide to leave your Real ID at home, then the sensors sense that you don't have it, and you are confronted by Blackwater trained Identification Officers who "Taze" you if you don't comply. And if you slip up enough, you get sent to a re-education camp where you are waterboarded for acts of Homegrown Terrorism against the Security of the Economy.

And in regard to the Guantanamo Detainees, I have a strange feeling about that. If you were not an enemy of the United States before your detention, you would be afterwards, so of course they should chip them, right? Heathens are animals right? So we should treat them like livestock? I just think it is a shame that the system has to fabricate enemies in this way. That they can't see the irony of the generational 'blowback' of killing someone's relatives. Or maybe they do see the irony, and it is actually not ironic, but a well orchestrated plan of mind control.

We need to watch your every move, to better protect you from yourself.

No thanks.
DocMoreau

[edit on 12/1/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The only thing I wonder about the I.D is that, if the I.D is already the mark. But what would happen if you didn't accept one? Would you be an enemy of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
People you need to understand that this will be allowed to go as far as the American citizens will let it go.

Contact your state representatives and say not to legislation.

That is all it takes, inundate the your state representative with E-mails and with phone calls constantly day and night.

I already send my E-mails, this a great link to find your state representatives and it haves a link to sent E-mails.

www.congress.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I was wondering if the detainees at Guantanamo might have had chips placed into them unbeknownst to them as a human experiment.....any takers on the theory?
I have read, however, that many prisoners, those in military service, and even the British royal family have them in place. I know many pets have them, too. Time will tell as to how far this goes. From optional to mandatory seems to be a given.

You may have read that but it doesn't mean it is true. I myself am in the military and have not seen anything to this effect. Not even with the anthrax shots. I'm pretty sure the powers that be wouldn't have to resort to conspiracy to get its servicemen to take the implants. In fact, I think a very good case to be argued for it. If not then they would've made it mandatory like the anthrax shots and they didn't hide that one right?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger
You may have read that but it doesn't mean it is true.

Exactly. Which is why I made the distinction between what I've read and what I know. I don't think it ever referred to all military, though. Just those is some special divisions. But like I said in a previous comment to this thread, it's been a while since I researched any of this.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

"The last thing I want to do is punish citizens of a state who would love to have a REAL ID license but can't get one," Chertoff said. "But in the end, the rule is the rule as passed by Congress."

This call reverse psychology, telling people that they actually want something, while is the opposite.

Already several states do not want the ID, will congress force the states to do it?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This call reverse psychology, telling people that they actually want something, while is the opposite.

I thought the same thing. It's as if they are implying it will be so sad if the majority misses out for the sake of the minority. If people think the general consensus is that this is good, they will believe the crowd before investigating the facts. Personally, I don't give a hoot if we have a real ID card or not but at least I can see the future implications. Freedoms are rarely taken away overnight. Cattle is created through gradual conditioning. You can't tame a wild horse in one hour but you can teach him to do your will a little at at time.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That is why we should fight to the end, getting in touch with congress members from your state is a start, also call the politicians in your stare to let them know that the citizens in their state will not stand for.

This should be by referendum not by an agency that their job is for them to take care of terrorist in our nation, no to work against the people in our nation.

We are the power in this nation not the government.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on my card to manifest locally.

Ready, prepared and looking forward to my new staus symbol.

Bring it on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join