It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary on Immigration - "No woman is illegal".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

so what makes you a citizen? ur ancestor came to the americas illegal and had a child so shes illegal and she had a child so shes illegal ect ect including you right? so you are illegal?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by sty

She shouldn't have been foreign. She was wrong. Next time she'll know enough to be American. They're the only people who deserve basic human rights.

american? like north central and south american's?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

You got me on that one. I meant from the United States. Sometimes I forget that both North and South Americans are still considered American. I guess it's a product of my US upbringing.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
No, it only works that way for children. It might make it easier for her to stay, though. Also, the guy never said he was legal, just that his wife wasn't.

BZZZZZZZ! Wrong, try again.
I'm not sure what the law on paper says, but my best friend was once illegal. Then he got married and became legal. Then got divorced and stayed legal, then got married again and was still legal. And he may well be getting another divorce. He's enjoying the American dream of failed love all before his 28th birthday.

Anyway, I digress.

Now, he's an airline pilot. Does that scare you mister Conservative pants? And he has no hispanic accent whatsoever, so when you fly and hear the "this is your captain speaking" crap, and you're relieved because it MUST be a white guy named Chip, it's really a dirty brown person.

It should scare you. What if he got hungry and decided to aim the plane at a burrito stand?

Oh sorry, I'm way off topic. Seriously, Hillary is an ass. I've had enough of her horse crap, no sense making, political doublespeak. Most politicians do it though. In today's world they're so afraid of turning people off by taking any type of stand that they stand for nothing.
Or, at least, I think that's what's going on.

You know what. Someone needs to start a thread, a blog, a research paper, or SOMETHING examining this phenomenon. I would do it but I'm an idiot.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
BZZZZZZZ! Wrong, try again.
I'm not sure what the law on paper says, but my best friend was once illegal. Then he got married and became legal. Then got divorced and stayed legal, then got married again and was still legal. And he may well be getting another divorce. He's enjoying the American dream of failed love all before his 28th birthday.

Normally I wouldn't waste my time responding to drivel such as was posted above.

However, the "BZZZZZZZ! Wrong, try again." deserves the following response:

Immigration - Marriage Regulations

Each year, over 400,000 citizens of the United States marry foreign-born persons and petition for them to obtain permanent residence in the U.S. Spouses of U.S. citizens are considered "immediate relatives" under the immigration laws, and are exempt from all numerical quota limitations. In other words, marriage to a U.S. citizen is the fast lane to a green card.

So, it is as I previously posted, just a way to make it easier for the foreign spouse to stay in the U.S. - not automatic citizenship.

Before calling people names (or doing anything else at all), you might want to make sure you know what you are talking about.

[edit on 1/14/2008 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join