It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel Report: Israel, Palestine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

They didn't exactly get where they are today on their own. Without US financial support, Israel would likely be in a situation much more dire than the the one the Palestinians currently find themselves in. It could be argued, that Israel, as a nation, has been more financially "coddled" than any other nation on earth. This tends to make ends a bit easier to meet.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman

middle of three major wars and used as political pawns not only by other Arab countries that refuse to help because they prefer to have the playing piece available but also by the Israelis and the Americans.

I too find it strange that palestinians are being used as pawns in the games of various arab nations...and also the lack of support from, lets say, the arab oil nations.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

one could argue that, I guess. Of course, most of the money is spent on military, since israelis seem very paranoid about military attacks on their new country.

One a side-note: I have no idea what Bush naively rushing in there near the end of his term, hopes to achieve in the region.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
One a side-note: I have no idea what Bush naively rushing in there near the end of his term, hopes to achieve in the region.

A thread of it's own indeed... When and if you get an idea, let me know! Seems to me to be an attempt at restoring some integrity to the legacy he'll leave as president, and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You must remember that none of those Arab nations or oil nations existed before World War 1 ended either and many of their governments have been pawns of western governments from the get-go. Just about everything that has happened in that region since 1919 has been orchestrated or influenced by western power working on behalf of their own interests. Can't keep th eprice of oil high with out some troubles, eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

I met some good-looking jewish women at checkpoints and customs. They left my butt alone though.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hey guys!
I don't want to be attacked, and I know that I may not have as much experience as some of you, but this thread rates a response...

As far as I know, the palestinians were kicked out of Saudi Arabia for causing too much trouble. They were a tribe, as many were before these countries were formed, and they were opposed to the rule of the Saudi Royal family. Now as far as how they came to lose land to Isreal? All of the nations surrounding Isreal attacked them! and Isreal kicked their butts and took small pieces of land. (Isreal) . Again, these are not the finest details, but those familiar with the story know it. Anyway, Isreal took some land to act as a buffer zone because the Islamic nations wanted their destruction. (through treaty) (Look, as far as claims to the lands of trhe earth, if you go back long enough, someone else has owned or occupied almost every land on this earth before! so Isreal has as much right to defend itself, if not more due to the violent nature of their enemies). (no, I am not Jewesh) This "buffer" zone, is their best protection, and they never started the war!
Look, the palestinians have two choices. elect a gov't that wants to modernize and develop their nation, or war with isreal. they chose to take the latter. what if they had that land anyway? they wouldn't havbe done anything with it just like they havn't with the land they have now. Unless Isreal left all their developments, and they have shown that they will only return bare land, which is what they started with. The Palestinians are a backwards people that are just aching to fight a war that they NEVER could win without help or the rest of the world stopping Isreal with a tap out.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Thanks for adding something that sides with my own bias. You do however take it one step further than me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join