It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Martin Luther King, Jr. a Good Man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Coretta King apparently forgave her husband for philandering so I don't see why we cant too.

Didn't some wise guy once say we should be worrying about the plank of wood in our own eyes, not the speck of dust in another's?

Besides, are the people criticising Martin Luther King so certain that complete perfection is possible for any man?

If they are not, does that mean they respect no-one and will learn from no-one?
Or does that mean they will look past a person's faults to learn from what is good?

no one is perfect, but we aren't all Christian ministers and nor are we all beatified

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The one good thing about all this is that the accomplishments of King, Kennedy, Jackson, Clinton, Jefferson, and the many other sung and unsung heroes of our country, were achieved prior to the discoveries of their transgressions. Indeed it is a letdown to find out that your hero is not perfect. Thank God, however, that these discoveries don't nullify the history books. These leaders are no longer qualified to lead, their behavior has disqualified them from those roles, not their deaths or term limitations. What is a good man? If its someone who made all their mistakes prior to manhood, then I hope the inquisitor has the patience to find one. If you're talking about somebody who was able to reach the unreachable despite his imperfections, then yes, all of the above and more are good and honorable men.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Trout. To make a statement about no one getting "hurt" in relation to betraying a person's spouse brings me to the comment that people who want to be single should remain single
. To add; when you are a public figure as well as a religious figure, what happens in your (or another's) bedroom is ALWAYS public forum. Right or wrong, it is what it is. People make the choice to be in the public eye, with that comes great responsibility.

<< 1   >>

join