It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls, Go Geek!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ladies, you might want to read this article if you want to land that perfect man. And by perfect, I mean perfectly nerdy.

ifaq.wap.org...

So, your crush on the bass player from Vibrating Sandbox has finally died a whimpering death and you're wondering where to go from here. All the sinister dudes are either dating a series of interchangeable high-school riot girls in baby doll dresses and an overdose of manic panic, or permanently shacked up with some bitter old lady who pays all the bills. Which will it be, a wifely prison or a humiliating one night stand? Into this void of potential mates comes a man you may not have considered before, a man of substance, quietude and stability, a cerebral creature with a culture all his own. In short, a geek.

I have a confession to make.

I'm a geek. I have been for years. I tried to hide it from the public, but certain mannerisms come through and I barely notice. Like when everyone is talking about last night's game, and I don't know a thing about it because I was busy playing Elder Scrolls. Or when I make the offhand Star Wars/Trek reference. Or when someone walks into my office and hears They Might Be Giants playing on my computer. It's like a man being outed as gay when someone hears "It's Raining Men" playing softly on his iTunes playlist.

Anyway, please, read this one. It really hit home for me. Lucky for me my GF picked up on a lot of this stuff a long time ago, and we couldn't be happier.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm still a geek at heart, and I must say a geeky lady is HOT (almost as hot as a red neck women). Women embrace the geek with in!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hmm, sucks to be me.I prefer the bad boys.Always have..always will.
Guess I'm just a die hard.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Tisk tisk tisk, you dont know the power of the geeky side! MWAHAHAHA..
To each thier own is what I always say, but then again I say try (almost) anything!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

Well, A guy with a black cat is always a bonus...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Why can't the women in my area understand the power of the black cat! The black cat is AWSOME! BTW AD, what is the definition of a "Bad Boy"?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ah, yes..black cats do have power.I have a new black kitten.Just a couple weeks old,from my kitty Sweetie.
He will be a bad ass like his namesake.LEX.
My definition of a bad boy..is this..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Please AD take no offence to this, that picture reminds me of the Emo kids that run around Fargo stinking up my favorite coffee shops!!!! I realize that that pic is of a Goth dude, but because of the Emo movement I can no longer look at Goths as BA. Goth was AWSOME until the Emo took it over....IMO

[edit on 11-1-2008 by tetsujin420]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Awesome!!

I have a black cat. His name is Black Cat. But not in the dark colored feline sort of way, but in the Sammy Davis Jr. sort of way.

I also have a turtle named Raphael that I've had since I was 8. There goes that geekdom again.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yes..he does look a little more Emo than goth.But it was all I could find on the spot.I'm a Vampirefreaks member..I see the difference first hand..daily.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

This is a little off topic, sorry...TURTLES RULE! I'venever had a turtle but i've had my snake for almost 12 years! Ras, don't fight the geekdom, let it flow from you!

AD, its ok as long as your not into Emo, cuz then we couldn't be friends.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by tetsujin420]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Ok, so we are talking a Ninja Turtles fan here too.
Nothing geeky about that.I think the turtles rock!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Me? Into Emo?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
OMG!!

I had 4 turtles, bet you can't guess what they were called!!

They passed to the great sewer in the sky.

My son now has three red eared sliders (yes they can time travel!) called "That-one-big-one", "That-one-small-one" and "That-one-green-one"

My wife knows of my geekiness and lets me get on with it (as long as I'm quiet!)

Monkey

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Raphael is a Red Eared Slider. Now do you get where he got the name?

My GF is good about the geekdom to an extent.

Things I can't watch when she's around:

Star Wars
Star Trek
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Just about anything on the SciFi channel.
I still haven't seen the new AVP movie.

I remember taking her to see the first AVP. She told me she had to use the bathroom, then came back an hour and a half later with 3 big Nordstrom's bags. SHE WENT SHOPPING 10 MINUTES INTO THE MOVIE!!

Oh well :\

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ok....I gotta jump on the wagon with the 'turtle thingy'. lol

The only time I remember hearing about us having a turtle in the fam, was eons ago, when my Ma was doing laundry.

*NOTE* to parents...Always check pockets of kiddies pants before starting up wash!!!

And so it goes with my story. Ma reached in to my brother's pants pocket, and LO BEHOLD, a wee turtle was staring back at her from her hand. I don't know where my brother found it, but then again, I don't know who was more surprised...turtle or Ma?!?!

Back to topic:

I'm more on the side of Geek.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it. lololol

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So does the fact that I occasionnally watch Stargate,only frequent the SPACE channel, and chose to watch AVP over shopping..mean I have geek status?
Oh geez..a whole new thing..
A goth-geek...Wow just freakin' wow!:shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There doesn't need to be a gap between the two. Personally, I own nearly all black or dark colored clothes, listen to death metal, have H.R. Giger prints up all over my house, love Clive Barker books and my entire movie collection consists of Sci-Fi and Horror movies. The best of which are Hellraiser 1 and 2 (the epitome of gothic S&M hell fantasy)

I guess you could call me a "Geek Goth". I just don't wear the outlandish clothing. Something about people judging my character, likes and dislikes on sight has always bothered me.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Perfect answer.
Enough Said!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A Geek Goth and a Goth Geek....

A match made in heaven.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>