It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hall of Records / Mystery of the Calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Honestly... sometimes one lights upon articles that make one think: "Just how long have I been asleep...?!"

Here is one such article (don't incur in the error of reading it after a sleepless night, like I did):

Deeper and deeper we go

And from there I cared enough to dig out the website of the cryptographer in question:
Mystery of the Calendar / Message to the Unborn

BTW, I have no opinion on the subject, not just now.
Plus, I have to have some breakfast before I opine on such matters... ; )

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Nobody has anything to say on the topic...?

Now I am really afraid to reread it...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What is the topic? I scanned through the first website and it sounds like BS. Where is all this stuff? Any proof, etc?
I guess... was there something specific you want to discuss?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

The topic - let's call it that - is in the title.
And no, there was nothing specific I wanted to discuss.
It's just that the so called Hall of Records has been - and for a good reason (even though conspiracies are not really my cup of tea) - a focal point of interest for a very long time, including this website.

And frankly, the contents of the articles are entertaining to say the least - and God knows they are no more BS than the stuff that is being hotly debated in several other threads...

Besides... I would never dismiss beforehand anything that a Russian cryptographer has to say.
(I think the CIA is with me on that one. ; ))

Seriously, though, what I wanted to know, now that I come to think of it, was this: has anyone heard ANYTHING about this before? (Even for entertainment purposes I'd still like to have as complete a picture as possible.)

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Vanitas

Nobody has anything to say on the topic...?

Very cool Vanitas. I gave you a star.

I don't have much to say on the content of your links. As you said, it is pretty weird stuff. But it does make you think about all the secrets and mysteries that are still to be discovered.

I often wonder what strange relics, unfathomable mysteries, shattering revelations, are still are out there, waiting to be unearthed, explored, decrypted?

It is a bit like waiting for the next fantastic movie or song, still undreamed of, but destine to shake you eventually.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Why thank you, Buck Division - a star is always appreciated!

And do let me know if you come up with further thoughts on the subject.
(Needless to say, this goes for everyone.)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I often wonder what strange relics, unfathomable mysteries, shattering revelations, are still are out there, waiting to be unearthed, explored, decrypted?

P.S.
You know, this is actually one of my fears regarding the subject of archaeology: I mean, if you gave a chimpanzee (for the record, I have nothing against them : )) a floppy disk, for example... most likely, he/she would sniff it, try to bite it... and throw it away.
Same thing if you gave it to a baby - or to a member of any civilisation that is not familiar with floppy disks.

I think you know what I am aiming at - but I'll just say it anyway: who is to say that something unexpected by our civilisation and its archaeologists hasn't been found - and simply wasn't recognised as something valuable, because it was out of the range of what is expected from this or that "historic" civilisation?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"These metal plates contain not only music and historical recordings, but some are of a video nature. When placed into the non electrical computer, they show actual 3-D scenes that are thousands of years ago. Such as Noah's actual ark, Je--s on the Mount of Olives and his Sermon of the Mount. As well as Adam, Cain & Able, George Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Churchill, Gladstone, St. Francis of Assisi, and Groctine, master of the Atlantean race."

Although I doubt the authenticity of such, wouldn't it be a fascinating thing if something such as these metal plates did exist. Sure would clear up some confusion that has developed over the centuries! That is for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

You bet it would be fascinating... And the thing is... it's not all THAT far-fetched.

I am still befuddled about the origins of this story, though.
It's the first time I've heard anything about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Yes indeed, very interesting and like you, I had never read anything like this. Thanks for pulling the article in!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by jdposey]

top topics

join