It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops tested for HIV after being given unscreened American blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
British at risk from contaminated US blood

This could potentially cut their lives in half and ruin their entire lives!

SOURCE 1

SOURCE 2

SOURCE 3

Wounded British troops tested for HIV after being given unscreened American blood

A group of British civilian workers may also have received HIV-infected American blood in Iraq and Afghanistan, it has been reported.

Last night it emerged that British troops wounded on the front line in Iraq and Afghanistan may have been given infected American blood.

The eighteen affected soldiers had been seriously wounded on the battlefield and needed urgent life-saving transfusions.

They were treated at American field hospitals in the life or death situations and given blood taken from US donors.

Six British civilians working in Afghanistan or Iraq may also have been exposed to the contaminated blood provided by the U.S. military, the Health Protection Agency said today.

It has since been disclosed that these donors had not gone through the rigorous tests normally applied, and had not been properly screened by US authorities.

The blood could be infected with potentially deadly diseases such as HIV, hepatitis and syphilis.

Some of the soldiers affected are understood to have lost limbs on the battlefields. They are now undergoing tests for a number of diseases.

I pray they don't have AIDS. I absolutely pray. What the hell happened for the wrong blood to be out there?! Absolute disgrace. Like I said, I hope it's a false alarm.

join