It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: US Should Have Bombed Auschwitz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Bush: US Should Have Bombed Auschwitz

www.examiner.com

President Bush had tears in his eyes during an hour-long tour of Israel's Holocaust memorial Friday and told Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that the U.S. should have bombed Auschwitz to halt the killing, the memorial's chairman said.

Bush emerged from a tour of the Yad Vashem memorial calling it a "sobering reminder" that evil must be resisted, and praising victims for not losing their faith.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I am shocked and stunned..

leaving the actual historical events to one side for the moment, but not forgetting it, I am shocked and stunned by the comments Bush has made here.

Firstly,

"sobering reminder" that evil must be resisted

Yeah too true mate.. it MUST be resisted, but according to some, to resist such evils makes you a terrorist or an insurgent.

In the face of unspeakable crimes against humanity, brave souls - young and old - stood strong for what they believe," Bush said.

Just what does Bush mean here? Is this a subconscious admission to the guilt he feels? Is this a realisation that people around the world are standing up for what they believe in? If he has such respect for all those that died and suffered for what they believed in, why is he at war with them all?

Would the bombing of Auschwitz really ended the mass slaughter? I don't think so, I think it would have just relocated and continued, or other faster methods would have been devised. Maybe even some that would have been a lot worse. Whilst typing this last sentence i had images of areas of land cordoned off by fences and filled with people just left to die from hunger or exposure.

It's almost (or it is) hypocritical for Bush to make such comments when the exact same struggle is going on right now all over the world, every day.

Makes you wonder...

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

"sobering reminder"

They must've made him go without whiskey for a terrifying hour or 2.

The irony of course, is that bombing the camp would've killed more prisoners than nazis.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Shar_Chi]

join