It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting spoon bending video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Out of alot of the apparent powers of the mind, I have most faith in this one,
theres whords of data and videos availible. People have partys, just to do
this and other psionic excersizes!

www.psionicsonline.net...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Looks to me like he just bent the spoon... with his hand.

I do however believe concentration and understanding and so on can create unusual events through intent.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Are you kidding? Look at :36-1:01 of that video, he's bending the spoon alright...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
watched the video, didn't see...anything. It does look like he closed his eyes and concentrated though, that must count for something. hehe

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*sigh*

There's few misconceptions to clear up here.

1.) Bending a spoon without your hands is one of the most difficult things to do with TK, that I've seen videos of before. What is supposedly being done here is she is using her mind to make it easier to bend the spoon.
I've done it before, and trust me that spoon bends with no resistance at all. Now, whether or not its actually Psi doing the work is another matter. May just be your mind playing tricks on ya'.

2.) This one isn't really important at all, but Metalforever is a girl. Just thought I'd make that distinction here.

As far as my own comments go on the video, it really isn't that convincing because alot of people can just bend spoons with their bare hands. She needs to do better as far as videos are concerned, IMO.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

A guy by the name of Uri Geller made a living with this trick. I don't want to influence your research but I will provide a link.

www.skepticreport.com...

Becker

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I tried a couple of experiments on bending spoon for fun and with TK, and I must say I am inconclusive about the matter, may I suggest that everyone buy or take a set of spoon and just start playing around with it, try twisting it and bending it every possible way imaginable, take notice of the constraints and difficulty, your muscle tensing and facial expression and compare that to other individual posting it online to fairly judge them.

Oh a word of advice don't touch the part where the spoon is twisted, its most likely you'll burn yourself = friction!!
If you don't believe me twist it really fast. Usually the neck of the near the head is the easiest place to twist and bend the spoon. I think good challenge for all TK spoonbender is try to bend the spoon at the foot or the head, where the metal is thicker. Granted bending the head isn't that easy, it took some force.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind creating another Utensil-bending experiment again, I've been doing alot research on the property of chi, the energy that flow within all of us, so I have a better understand of how it works, maybe it might put me on the right mindset...anyways if i ever do it, I'll be sure to record it.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Back when I was doing some work Alan Vaughn and Jim Houck, they were doing spoon bending parties all the time. Though I never had the chance to go to one, they apparently worked pretty well, although the reaction people had to the spoon bending was interesting. It seems that once people get used to the idea, they just shrug and forget about it, like it was the most normal thing in the world. Funny how people are so quick to integrate odd stuff into their normal lives without thinking much about it.

Personally, I think it would be more impressive it could be done with the spoon under a glass dome or something, away from the direct touch of the bender. Of course, if touch is required for the "energy" or whatever to flow, then there wouldn't be any bending. Maybe something could be rigged up so that the bender could still touch the spoon, but there wouldn't be any way for them to physically bend it. Hang it from a string or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Personally, I think it would be more impressive it could be done with the spoon under a glass dome or something, away from the direct touch of the bender. Of course, if touch is required for the "energy" or whatever to flow, then there wouldn't be any bending. Maybe something could be rigged up so that the bender could still touch the spoon, but there wouldn't be any way for them to physically bend it. Hang it from a string or something.

Well, there is this one video of a guy bending a spoon without using his hands at all that I've seen before. He's holding it in his hand and just focuses on it and a part of the spoon that he isn't touching bends.

www.youtube.com...

There you are.

Thats an interesting spoon-bending video if I ever saw one.

top topics

join