It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll nuke Iran - Bush promises Israel - HUH?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Surely this is just a snippet and there's more to it than the article suggests

US President George W. Bush promised Israel's opposition leader Binyamin Netanyahu that the United States will join the Jewish state in a nuclear strike against Iran, Israel Radio reported today.

Former Prime Minister Netanyahu, opposition Likud party's hardline chairman who opposes the US-backed Annapolis peace process, reiterated to President Bush his stance, that a pre-emptive nuclear strike against Iran's nuclear installations was the only way to stop the Islamic nation's nuclear weapons ambitions.

"I told him my position and Bush agreed," Netanyahu told Israel Radio.

During their 45-minute meeting at King David hotel in Jerusalem Netanyahu also told Bush that "Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people and will remain under Israeli sovereignty for eternity."

President Bush issued a stark warning to Iran over Strait of Hormuz incident, saying that "all options are on the table to protect our assets."

what bothers me, is the article doesnt suggest this comment was made in RETALIATION for anything, but that it would JOIN israel on an attack...

presscue.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
what bothers me, is the article doesnt suggest this comment was made in RETALIATION for anything, but that it would JOIN israel on an attack...

presscue.com...

Which is exactly what I predicted almost a year ago, in this post from this ATS thread:

Thanks for that link marcopolo. That right there just tied it all in for me. Israel bombed Osirak at a time when the US supported Saddam. In other words, AGAINST US interests. They did it in their interests, and to heck with the US.

IMO, only the foolhardy at this point would believe that Israel would not dare attack Iran's nuclear facilities alone. You're damn straight they would. It's just that this time, Israel's interests happen to coincide with Bush's in eliminating or reducing the "supposed" threat from an advancing Iranian nuclear program.

And now it is absolutely painfully obvious to me what is happening this time around: Bush ain't going into Iran! Israel is! We're just gonna ride shotgun in case Iran has anything to say about it! The only reason all those ABM's are going into the region is because this time, the enemy has the ability to strike US interests on a much larger scale.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well this certainly is good news, I have been sitting waiting patiently for the end of the world to arrive. Good job GW, great grand way to fight the good fight. I am tired of this posturing, it isnt going to work, I really hope that is all it is. With Russia, and possibly china on their side Iran isnt going to back down, and little men striving for power are going to lead us into further hell.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think Israel doing it would be even worse than the USA!!! I hope this is not true!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's no surprise that he agrees with Netanyahoo about nuking Iran, but that doesn't mean it will happen. Netanyahu doesn't have control of the IDF, he's just a political hack.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
obviously big george and his compadrés seem to have forgotten the lessons of the past concerning especially china and iran. if it does kick off i hope they combine to wipe those greedy smiles off the face of the earth (redneck gw etc). although it will probably never happen as iran is one of only two or three countries not under the control of the world bank !....the telvisuel charade continues........

anyway wishfull thinking

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

This story was supposedly written by "Wire Services," but Presscue.com is the only place where it appears. None of the hundreds of news sites indexed by Google News are carrying this story. ( See /yoo4ht )

presscue.com...

I am always facinated by your posts. The blurb above was from the same site you listed. Interesting to say the least.

Where do you find these sites?

Becker

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that Bush had initially planned NOT to meet with him and at the last minute asked for a meeting.

I wonder if this is Netanyahu's way of provoking something to happen in response to being snubbed. If this was indeed aired on radio it will certainly get a response from our gov't. If Bush indeed said this then it could very well be the beginning of some nasty stuff.

I am going to be looking for more on this soon!

-B

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I call "bunk" on this one until someone, anyone, can post another version of this from a reliable news outlet.

Really now Agit8dChop, we are all familiar with efforts to vilify anything American, but at least make a vague attempt to corroborate these things. I mean come on....

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Do you have any other reliable resource for this news...
I am sure there will be no... if this is true, it will not come in mainstream media.... I will prefer to wait to see things unfold untill i believe this....

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunner36
Well this certainly is good news, I have been sitting waiting patiently for the end of the world to arrive. Good job GW, great grand way to fight the good fight. I am tired of this posturing, it isnt going to work, I really hope that is all it is. With Russia, and possibly china on their side Iran isnt going to back down, and little men striving for power are going to lead us into further hell.

I totally agree with you. I mean stop talking george and do it already. Get this over with. Drop the bombs and walk away...drop the bombs and walk away.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh great, when will someone nuke Bush? All he is doing for the past 6 years is to start wars. Ever since 2001 this war on terrorism is putting the whole world in danger.

This president is a disgust to humanity together with Israel. We need to clean this world of warmongers.

I feel sorry for Iran, they did nothing wrong to deserve this huge US anti-iranian propaganda. The only thing "wrong" is that they have oil and that they trade it in Euros.

US will collapse on itself if they attack Iran.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Shenanigans!
So far its a shadowy BS source with no source itself...except for "Wire Service". I just checked Reuters and AP and there isnt anything like this.

Talk about making the news up. Give me the ability to manipulate media and Ill have quotes taken so far out of context itll make your head spin!

Once again not many ppl replying to this thread have bothered to check the story out.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a bunch of bull. If Bush talked to Bibi then you would never hear what was actually said period. This is so ridiculous its not funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I see no problem with the story.

Iran has called America the big satan for years. So if it wants us to be the "big satan" then we should nuke iran.....Because we don't want iran to be liars. If America was nice then they would not nuke iran.

So iran can say "we will wipe Israel off the map." is not agressive? And iran's leader can say "we don't have homosexuals". If we nuke iran, maybe they can have some mutant homosexuals....not that there is anything wrong with it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
some mutant homosexuals.....

You know, that's just wrong!! LOL!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No one, not even Israel, will attack Iran unless they do something very big and very stupid first.

As everyone says Iran hasn't attacked anyone (recently). This is all stupid political rhetoric that is going on, and it will continue until there are leadership changes on both sides.

I bet Iran is getting tired of it all, but to save face in the public eye it will need to be whoever comes next into office to "start" a dialogue of peace.

Bush has just been too much of a thorn in their side for the last eight years for Iran to give an inch while he is still in office.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
Talk about making the news up. Give me the ability to manipulate media and Ill have quotes taken so far out of context itll make your head spin!

The five corporations that currently own the MSM aren't about to freely relinquish their directive to manipulate the masses.

They spin freely at their master's whim...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pericle
I feel sorry for Iran, they did nothing wrong to deserve this huge US anti-iranian propaganda. The only thing "wrong" is that they have oil and that they trade it in Euros.

If you mean the mullahs, then they very much deserve it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
So far its a shadowy BS source with no source itself...except for "Wire Service". I just checked Reuters and AP and there isnt anything like this.

I was about to say the same thing more or less.

Basically ats members should treat statements like this carefully. I'm not saying Bush didn't say those things, just don't get caught up in the hype too fast.

Although I don't think Reuters or AP will necessarily mention something like this (self censorship perhaps).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join