It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Convinced anyone of the Inside Job of 911

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have changed my girlfriend's mind, and probably 7 or 8 of my friends. But I couldn't seem to convince my Government teacher lol. Go figure. He's a great guy, probably my favorite teacher, but he always tried to pass off fema's report as the truth. Then there are the 3 friends of mine that joined the marines that refused to believe it. But, overall, I have changed some people's minds and shown them the truth

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
Just an observation here

The title of this thread makes it sound like there's a new religion looking to 'convert' new followers. I prefer to give people credit for their ability to think independently and reach their own conclusions.

There is no hidden agenda in the title of the thread.Its a simple question to truthers and skeptics alike...asking if they have discussed and changed a persons mindset in relation to the events of September 11/2001.

I believe everyone is thinking independently...but I have found people who have not even heard of WTC building 7 or are still under the impression that Saddam was responsible.

So the only conversion comes from each individuals thinking independently but with all the facts.And with those facts and discoveries (which we don't hear from the MSM) have you changed a mind or at least opened it to look further into the details.

No ulterior motives here at all. Just a genuine quest for experience and peoples "independent" thought process.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

The idea that the media is not directly involved with the "powers that be" is laughable.We get what we are given...just enough to support the "official" story and to mock serious people who refuse to be lied to. Watching the election process should prove to the most hard headed skeptic that we are fed what they want us to eat.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Defininetly don't mean preaching to the flock.I mean showing evidence that you do not find , hear about, know it exists from our morning papers and our nightly news, and with thatchanged a point of view.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hey nice stories people. I especially loved one of zeitgeist's where he tells about his own awakening.

I think I've abandoned the official story since end of 2001, slowly convincing myself with the facts that arrived, even though I didn't question much at first. Just following the mainstream media was enough to convince me that the official story was indeed a story. Later I started to scoop out some info about the event and in process I found the london and madrid bombings to be bogus as well, and gulf of tonkin, and so many other events that I became sick and depressed. For sometime I really wanted to become a terrorist - to strike down to the evil government of US.. Yeah, I really wanted. Glad I didn't though, violence is not a solution but it would only make things worse, yeah.

So I started to debate on internet and real life as well - every time I encounter a person who shows even slightest interest towards truth about US govenrment, I have lots of stories to tell him/her. Those people that knows me sometimes thinks but I am bit too aggressive in my way, my wife calls me preacher. I think so far I may have convinced some ten people in RL perhaps, including my parents, some of my sisters and brothers - few of other acquitances. I don't know how many people on the internet had read my blog or taken seriously the debates I had with them, but least I can feel proud that I have sowed the seeds of doubt against the official story.

Keep on the "fight"

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have convinced several people, with the help of Loose Change, and a few other documentaries.

The thing that gets people to open their eyes the most (in my experience) are the following questions. Don't supply them with the answers, because they won't believe you.

1) How many buildings collapsed on 9/11?
2) How far is it BY CAR from Andrews Air Force Base to the Pentagon?
3) What is the self-proclaimed "role" of Andrews Air Force Base?
4) How long after the 2nd plane struck the 2nd tower as the Pentagon hit?
5) Why were no Air Force Officers ever disciplined for their lack of response on 9/11?
6) Who loaned George Bush the money for his first energy company (Arbusto eEergy, I believe it was called).

Those questions will get the ball rolling.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I had a co-worker point me in the direction of the loose change video and the ats website after that I came up with my own conclusions.

I still am not sure if I believe it was an inside job or if the govt simply knew it was coming and didn't act on it. Either way, we certainly aren't getting the whole story and we probably never will (at least not from our govt).

The one thing it has done is to open my eyes a little and caused me to question the information I get from the leaders of my country and our msm. Once you start to believe that someone is lying to you about one thing you start to question everything.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The thing that gets people to open their eyes the most (in my experience) are the following questions. Don't supply them with the answers, because they won't believe you.

1) How many buildings collapsed on 9/11?
2) How far is it BY CAR from Andrews Air Force Base to the Pentagon?
3) What is the self-proclaimed "role" of Andrews Air Force Base?
4) How long after the 2nd plane struck the 2nd tower as the Pentagon hit?
5) Why were no Air Force Officers ever disciplined for their lack of response on 9/11?
6) Who loaned George Bush the money for his first energy company (Arbusto eEergy, I believe it was called).

Those questions will get the ball rolling.

This approach is actually good. People that will end up in conclusions by themselves are more likely take it seriously. I guess continuous preaching will instead activate psychological defenses in people. Few more questions to pose of those 'unbelievers'

7) How come building 7 collapsed?

(subsequently: Have you seen The Towering Inferno-movie?)

8) What did former secretary of transportation, Norman Mineta mean when interrogated by 9/11 commission told: “During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said “do the orders still stand?” to the vice president "?

(subsequently: What did vice president Cheney mean by that?)

9) Why do you think 5 of 19 hijackers are still alive and have publicly asked for clearing of their names, but they still remain listed by the FBI?

10) Do you believe in fire proofed passports that can survive environment that airplane blackboxes cannot?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join