It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Me Any Serious Quesses About Christianity, The Bible, Church

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
Yes, I have been baptized, as an adult and in full emersion...

In what Church if it is not a secret? Are you member of any Church?
P.S.
The proper baptism is with full immersion.

the point is to do it like Jesus, and it doesn't save you to be sprinkled at birth.

Can you explain this a bit?

The Mormons aren't true Christians, as they have their own man-made book that has hundreds of contradictions within, and it really isn't God's word, and you can tell if you look at it yourself. I don't want to explain Mormon views, but they are pretty messed up...see wikipedia.

That is correct.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

The Mormons aren't true Christians, as they have their own man-made book that has hundreds of contradictions within, and it really isn't God's word, and you can tell if you look at it yourself. I don't want to explain Mormon views, but they are pretty messed up...see wikipedia.

I don't need to look,i am a Mormon.
And like other Christian faiths it is flawed,and yes,in parts,the Book of Mormon contradicts the Bible,but the Bible also contradicts itself and it does so in the very 1st book!!
(you must also remember that the Mormon faith has its own divisions and not all worship and follow God in the same manner as those who live in Utah.)

But how do you know it is not God's word?
In other Christian faiths God has been silent for centuries,no revelations,no new scriptures etc.God has stopped talking to them,why is that??

I agree some of the books in the Apocrypha sound like they are purely man made,but many others,particularly those that predate the NT contain lines and verses that appear in the Gospels,and they're not similar,they're exactly the same.The Book of Enoch should definatly be in the Bible when you consider how holy Enoch was;apart from Jesus he was the only one to ascend into Heaven. (and he didn't have to die for it to happen.)I also think the "missing" Gospels should be replaced,such as those of Mary & Thomas.And throw in the Book of Jubilees and the Forgotten Books Of Eden too;for all,when read,will do more good than harm!

<< 1  2   >>

join