It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who runs a greater risk of being murder Paul or Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the right forum for this discussion, so feel free to move it.

I posed this question just to gauge the opinion of members. Paul and Obama for obvious reasons present at challenge to the elites. Now how much of a challenge is debatable but what is clear to me is that I don't think the elite look to this 2 guys with much affection.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have a couple points.

1. I know Obama spits out a lot of convincing rhetoric about being an "outsider," but he is by no means an "outsider." While he may not be as connected as Hilary Cinton is, he is a Harvard Law School graduate and U.S. Senator. He is one of the top fund raisers, which means he has curried the favor of people with money.

2. If somebody is going to get assasinated for disturbing the status quo, it is more likely to be Obama because he is the only one who is going to have any sort of power or influence to disturb the status quo. I know Ron Paul has an intense following, but even if Ron Paul is the most qualified person ever to run our country he has little chance of winning the election and hence gaining any real power. Obama on the other hand, has a good chance of winning the election. Even if Obama loses the election this time around, he can still remain influential.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Good points Hotpink. I concur.

They're doing a pretty good job of raking Paul through the mud in the mass media this week. It will certainly erode his support. I know he has a charged-up following and many will investigate for themselves or ignore the negative media hype, but they're painting him up to look like David friggin Duke. True or not, it seriously hurts his chances to gain enough support to be an actual threat. I mean, look how they destroyed Kucinich by saying "UFO" once?

They haven't found any serious skeletons in Obama's closet yet, except the drug use as a teen, but people have grown up enough to look past that these days. However, it's still really, really early. There will be something they will dredge up from the murky depths. Or they'll just make up something and hope it sticks with enough voting TV-zombies to torpedo his campaign.

If he makes it through all of that and into the general election, then I'd start to worry for his saftey.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul might not even make it to the Presidential election. He might get taken out before there is even a chance of him running on the ballot. It just seems that the media and "They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" are totally threatened by Ron Paul, and are doing everything they can to discredit him. Are they so scared he might actually win?? I'm voting for him, even if he is not on the ballot. That way I can say, "I didn't vote for her".

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ron Paul death would give his cause more credibility, and make people ask questions. Instead of doing this, people will just try and ruin his reputation as much as they can, and/or try to convince the public to ignore him.

Obama on the other hand will make history as President, and there will be some people in the US who will not want him as President, solely on his skin color. If you look at all other powerful black men in US history who tried to lead minorites, and were a danger to white men in power, you will see that they were all assassinated.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Outside of Ron Paul's very tiny group of delusional fanatics, no one cares about him. And they certainly don't care enough about him to try to assassinate him. As far as the presidential race is concerned, he's a nobody, just a step above Mike Gravel.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I keep reading on how everyone is afraid of Ron Paul the racist. I know this is a convenient way to explain is single digit popularity. But could someone explain why everyone is afaid of him ? And please, keep in the real world. The real world does not include NWO, 911 inside job, etc...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I feel that Obama is at a greater risk of assassination, as he stands a greater chance, at least at this time, of actually being elected.

top topics

join