It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great railroading of Dr. Ron Paul 08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The Empire has officially struck back. Ron Paul has officially been squashed like a bug by the powers that be and the mainstream media. He has officially been labeled as a racist based on some phantom newsletter that was supposedly sent a decade ago. I knew it would happen, but I didn't figure that they would be so vindictive as to ruin the mans career.

Ron Paul and his message just wouldn't die, it just wouldn't go away, and this is what happens to little people with big ideas who step on the wrong toes in America. Instead of a bullet they used a pamphlet. And it doesn't matter if the statements are true on not, he will forever be pegged as a racist. It's sad really, but why would we expect anything less? They felt the heat, the other candidates knew what a thorn in their sides he would be through the whole election, and both sides agreed on one thing....Ron Paul needed to go.

They tried to blackball him from debates, they tried to squash his cause in the press, but even with their greatests efforts people still voted for him. They still donated money, they still showed up in numbers to support Dr. Paul. They could sense the rumblings of Americans who identified with what he was saying and they feared what would happen if American citizens actually began to believe that they could actually institute change in their own country.

For anyone who wants to argue this point I respect your opinions and your right to look at this event through whatever goggles you choose to wear, but I know the truth in this instance and there will be nothing that you can say to convince me otherwise. And I state this is just my opinion and nothing more.

The American people lost today and the whole thing stinks.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I wonder what Mr. Paul will say about the claims, and when.

I support his running for President, and many parts of his platform, but I may or may not vote for him, depending on the events of the next few months.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This racism garbage is all over the news and the media is out for blood...I just watched Anderson Cooper rake Ron Paul over the coals for ten minutes straight, it was very painful to watch. The molehill will officially be a mountain by the time we wake up tomorrow. He is done for.

If you think this whole ordeal simply appeared out of thin air you are sadly mistaken. The whole thing has been orchestrated by the two headed political beast to make him go away, it is as transparent as can be.

This is what happens to people who try and stand in defiance against the regime and it's corrupt leaders. Instead of killing him like JFK, they will simply slaughter him in the court of public opinion. Quite genius I suppose, to assasinate a mans character and silence him by default.

[edit on 1/11/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
or... you know, it could be that ron paul just has views that most people really don't agree with because many of them are outright ludicrous and would regress america to the 1900s...

i mean, let's say that he 100% isn't a racist. he's still someone i wouldn't vote for based on his views.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I lived back in that time so I can tell you what it was like. To say something about his actions are in need here. He was right. At that time, the Federal government was taking away states rights. He was talking about the Federal government and its policy of divide and concur. He has shown me and everyone that he is above all this as this happened what 40 years ago?. Come on, what was the times like when YOU lived in that era. Women where for all standards, not working in male employment, hmm, what else, gay ment being happy, hmm, what else, Clinton was smoking dope, hmm, Vince Foster was still alive, hmm, we where at war with Vietnam. Check his stance on the war then.Come on people grow up.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

This came out on CNN today..

Paul told CNN's "The Situation Room" Thursday that he didn't write any of the offensive articles and has "no idea" who did.

"When you bring this question up, you're really saying, 'You're a racist' or 'Are you a racist?' And the answer is, 'No, I'm not a racist,'" he said.

CNN

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Again, if those views were remotely those of Dr. Paul then there would be some smidgen of corroboration outside of the newsletters. There never has been. None. So they'll beat him with this as often as they can to try and sully his campaign. It's all they've got.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So then what is the deal?

Is he just an idiot for letting someone post articles like this in a paper that has his name on it?

He could have saved himself a lot of trouble by approving these articles before allowing them to go into his newsletter.

All of this has been brought up before, but I guess it was a slow news day?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm from Australia and my family has no idea who Ron Paul is...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Hindsight is always 20/20 my friend. I'm sure Dr. Paul would love to re-write history. Sometimes people (all of us including Dr. Paul) place too much trust in people we think we know and we get screwed for it. I can't speculate on what Dr. Paul was doing at the time these articles were published and what his capacity for oversight was at the time. Either can you. And calling him an idiot is pretty harsh given your lack of details on the situation, wouldn't you say?

Take a minute and look at the other candidates. Look at the people that they are associated with. Are the other candidates responsible for their actions as well?

new topics

top topics

join