It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section but Paranormal Studies is more active than education and the type of people I'm looking for, are in this section more.
I was wondering if any colleges outside of California, offer the class "Spiritual Health". I just started college and I have to take 9 units to get the job I want. I've been hooked on all ATS related topics for the last year (especially OBE's). I just started reading and practicing the techniques in Astral Dynamics about a month ago, so when I saw this class description I almost shat my pants:

"Spiritual Health: Focuses on exploring dimension of health topics. Which include mindfullness, faith, hope, deepening connections, The Mystic Heart, living life fully, death and dying. Different techniques of meditation will be introduced."

I've been to this class twice and didn't realize that I was in school...... it felt like a group activity that I'm getting college credits for. My teacher is more into the eastern ways of spirituality (I like western because its easier to understand) but she's so damn fully of positivity that it makes it easy to work through. We've meditated 3 times in two sessions with the lights completely off. In the last session.... for the first time, I actually had to stop meditating because the vibrations and energy I was feeling in my heart area was overwhelming. I hope thats progress. My question is, does your college have a class like this? The only studying we seem to do, is studying ourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I can't answer the question regarding other colleges since it's been a LOT of years since I attended (over 25) ... but I have to mention how fortunate you are to have this opportunity to learn in a guided environment. It has to be so much easier to learn that way than stumbling around like many of us did ...

A big
to your college.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks. I am pretty lucky, I just seem to be in the right place at the right time often. This class is new so I'm not sure if any other colleges outside of Cali are offering this. My teacher mentioned that they have a new Spiritual Health class at UCLA so I know in Cali, this class is spreading to the big universities.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, you know what they say, "When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
9 units of 'Spiritual Health' ??

so the course is more than a personal growth elective ?
what's it associated with , is it a part of a mental health cirriculum
or some part of sociology/psychology fields. ??

sounds like a hybrid developed from zen, yoga, eastern philosophies, etc...
blended with the westernized practice of being a 'life-coach'

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
9 units of 'Spiritual Health' ??

so the course is more than a personal growth elective ?
what's it associated with , is it a part of a mental health cirriculum
or some part of sociology/psychology fields. ??

sounds like a hybrid developed from zen, yoga, eastern philosophies, etc...
blended with the westernized practice of being a 'life-coach'

You pretty much hit it on the head. She is especially into, but not restricted to the zen approach. She teaches yoga and she pretty much is our coach... so we have a bingo!
I'm takin 9 units altogether. Psychology, Spiritual Health and Intermediate Algebra is what I'm taking. I'm new to college so sorry if I can't answer some questions but the SH class is under "HEALTH" section in my college. I'm not going to college to major, I'm just there to learn.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My college, Colorado University at Boulder, offers a restricted meditation class and thats about it. Sounds like the class your describing is something I would want to take. I think there is something to be said about including spirituality in our learning process.

However, there are many avenues to develop spirituality without placing it in the curriculum. Try hitting up a Buddhist center, many of which offer free classes. Go to a yoga class.

The best advice I could give for developing spiritually would be to meditate and read books. You are likely to learn more from someone who carefully wrote out their thoughts in a book than your average college professor giving a lecture. (not to say that this is the structure of your class.) But books cannot be undervalued in this area. Ultimately though the best knowledge comes from within.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Thx for the words. I took this class mainly because I only needed 9 units to get the job I needed. I looked through the whole list of classes and two classes I felt I would enjoy and excel in respectively were Psychology and Intermediate Algebra. That took up 8 units, so I looked the list again. Somehow I skipped it the first time but when I saw it, it sounded like the perfect fit. It was something that contributed to what I was trying to accomplish (OBE) and it added all my classes up 9 1/2 units. It also fit in with my work schedule, so once I saw it I couldn't say no.

Also I have been reading Astral Dynamics and practicing the techniques for almost a month now. I want to move on the to major chakras but I feel I'm not ready, so I am trying other things, outside of college to develop spiritually. This class is just the cherry on the top.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by roodyp4364]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by roodyp4364]

top topics

join