It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Oil or time to ditch the SUV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This little article may get you to thinking next time you go to buy a vehicle.

Life After the Oil Crash

I think I'll put my order in for a Solar Powered Golf Cart now

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dam SUV's always taking up my road space and burning all my oil!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
carrot top (the comedian) made a good point..."why dont race car drivers carpool"...

i mean really, i know motorsports are very popular, but imho, they should ban them all

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Being an oil field brat, I don't agree with what the link says..

this is a quote from the first link I provide

"The Energy Information Administration reports that discoveries in western states and the Gulf of Mexico have produced an increase in U.S. reserves. Crude reserves totaled 22.0 billion bbl at year-end 2000, up 1.3% from the previous year. Proven dry natural gas grew 6% to 177.4 Tcf, representing the largest increase since the agency began tracking annual reserves 24 years ago. Due to diminishing frontier (drilling) areas, "such unusually large (gas) increases should not be expected very often," said EIA. The gas reserves came from Texas and New Mexico, along with states that have large increases in coalbed methane reserves."

www.findarticles.com...

www.afsc.org...

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

we have been talking about this.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
and here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and type in " peak oil "

jhh

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Solar is good for conserving, if every person uses at least 100 amps worth. I see a future where every home dedicating at least half their roof to solar, then with the use of massive wind generating plants, and smaller coal plants. You can see how the demand of oil, at least for generating electricity and heating can be drastically reduced.

www.solar-electric.com...

It would take 155 of these solar panels to supply 100 amps at 120 volts, final price $52,071. And it would take up 1232 square ft of space. So maybe you can cover you entire backyard. As far as cars, ethenol, and maybe hydrogen in a far distant future, is the only way to go.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
how effective is solar going to be in the midst of radical climate change? If there are class 5 tornadoes running about, along with severe ice storms, my solar panel ain't going to output much...

top topics

join