It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for big flu pandemic economic hit, UN says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Prepare for big flu pandemic economic hit, UN says

africa.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Governments around the world need to do more to prepare for the dramatic economic impact of the next flu pandemic, the United Nations influenza coordinator said on Thursday.

David Nabarro said his team had recently collected information from nearly 150 countries to see how prepared they were for a pandemic and the picture was mixed.

"Most countries have now focused on pandemic as a potential cause of catastrophe and have done some planning. But the quality of the plans is p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As we Already have an economic hit in the works, could this be corporate media setting us up to blame a different reason for it.

I'ts creepy that they are linking the two...

Unfortunately I can Also imagine a bird flu pandemic as a convenient way for the powers that be to decrease world population, making it more economically manageable.

It would also be naive to think that there Aren't strains of the H5N1 bird flu easily spread from human-to-human currently in many bio labs throughout the world.

africa.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
U.S. plan. Send Cheney, Bushies, Rice and her shoes to bunker. The rest of the country eaters be damned.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As far as bird flu goes there have been some swan deaths in a town near here in Devon UK.

It's been confirmed as the famous H5N1 strain - what's quite worrying is last time bird flu hit the news (Bernard Matthews turkey farm) and every time it's hit the news we were consistently being told that we are in trouble when the bigger and stronger wild birds get it (swans, geese etc). This is because they are stronger and will survive considerably longer whilst infectious - thus increasing cases in wild birds. This time however - hardly a peep other to say 3 birds, the location and to confirm H5N1.

Seems a little odd - could just be me, but it does time well with this thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Monty Python, ring ring ring, 'bring out your dead'.
But I'm not dead yet. Just some sniffles, I feel much better now.
Doink, thrown on the pile.

top topics

join