It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we make Iraq America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The only solution is to make Iraq America.

Give business a tax free zone for let's say 5 years. Then half what they would be stateside for another 5 years.

Whatever the incentives, economists can come up with better ones than I've offered here. But if there are economic incentives, like giving the masses the subjective experience of having capital, then they will feel more empowered than they do now.

Just look what happened in Atlanta today when they opened a Wal-Mart!

www.ajc.com...

I'm tellin ya, Make Iraq America!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
no thanks..
they should have to fight for their own freedoms just as we did.
and im not for empire and nation building. i dont want the united states to take on all the civil war over there. we have a hard enough time providing aid to the people here that need it.

and that isnt the only solution. we could get someone in charge that actually can create a plan that will allow the military to win over there

or we could just leave.

kind regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a plan with out the loss of civilians , a plan with out occuping a country , im in for that

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
a plan with out the loss of civilians , a plan with out occuping a country , im in for that

Yep, at least if we made Iraq America, then we wouldn't be occupiers anymore :-)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Fantastic idea. Make Iraq one giant Wal-Mart! It's not only practical, but affordable! /end sarcasm.

Sorry, we're not Rome... yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Make Iraq America hmm?

By that do you perhaps mean guns in schools, rampant corporate corruption, rampant police corruption, religious tension in politics....

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

lol.

But in all seriousness, I don't think the effort you are describing would be likely to succeed because of the interrelation of security, commerce, and urbanization.

In the evolution of a state security begets commerce begets urbanization.

Now we have urbanization without security in Iraq. Urbanization without commerce begits lack of security, which makes the area hostile to commerce, making the entire thing a cyclic black hole until either an overwhelming force restores security or urbanization eventually deteriorates.

The more complex the machinery, the more sorry you will be when you break it. Fixing a conquered Iraq is a far cry beyond the challenges faced by the armies of generations past when consolidating control over conquered peoples.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Making Iraq America will anger the entire world. Not good. I like peace.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Is this a serious thread?

Please tell me you dont actually think this would be a good idea....

I know lets make up a story of Terrorrism and weapons of Mass destruction.

Over Power a leadership, Steal a whole load of Oil....

Kill thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians.....

Then Sit back.. look at the devistation and destruction we have caused and cry because we dont understand why the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of C*nt's

then when we realise we cant actually make it better, just full on Take Over..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yes, nothing like forcing our beliefs, greed in capitalism, and "values" on a civilization that has existed for thousands of years, to create peace.

Which country in the world wouldn't want to give up their thousands of years of culture and history in order to turn their country into a giant Wal-Mart?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Its kind of arrogant to assume that you can "make Iraq America"

I mean...what about all the people who live there. Shouldn't they have a say in it?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Please tell me this thread is tongue in cheek, I mean you can't actually be serious?

How did the US come about?
By throwing off the yolk of the imperialist aggressor?
And yet you now advocate being the imperialist aggressor.

It's never right to impose your culture on another by force - something that the US USED to stand for - it seems to me that reasoning like this is the reason why the mid east and iraq in particular is in the mess it's in.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
The only solution is to make Iraq America.

Give business a tax free zone for let's say 5 years. Then half what they would be stateside for another 5 years.

Whatever the incentives, economists can come up with better ones than I've offered here. But if there are economic incentives, like giving the masses the subjective experience of having capital, then they will feel more empowered than they do now.

Just look what happened in Atlanta today when they opened a Wal-Mart!

www.ajc.com...

I'm tellin ya, Make Iraq America!

This is the funniest thing I've heard in many, many years! I hope you're not being serious about this.. Do you even know the history of Iraq at all?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I'm sorry OP, but your post nicely illustrates the arrogance that got you in Iraq in the first place.

[edit on 11/1/08 by enigmania]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
only if they want statehood. they can apply for it if they want... but only if they consent to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is the funniest thing I've heard in many, many years!

Hear hear!
As for me, I am still waiting for the strictly geographic considerations of said operation to be explained...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Who's to say that America is better for them? Iraq has a history and so does America. America had civil wars, slavery, dark ages etc.. So does Iraq, but to say " Why don't we make Iraq America" is ignorant. Does Canada want a country to come in and turn their country into some other country, or Australia or China, Japan, Russia? America has no right to do that to anybody. Even in world wars America didn't do that. Iraq should stay Iraq and all other countries unless they choose to change.

new topics

top topics

join